Game Day AFL Round 17: West Coast Eagles vs St Kilda @ The Gabba Thursday 5.10 pm AWST 10th of September 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainsworth, O’Neill, brayshaw, rotham, brander all play like 18 year olds rather than 3rd players. Was hoping to see some excitement out of one of them but looks like they need more time and hours in the gym. We really need top 4 and an extra week off, having nicnat ruck 80% is huge. Duggan looks like he should stay in midfield rotations

Some players can impact straight away, others take time.

How long did it take Gov to become a regular? Took Yeo years to become a full-time midfielder too.

Didn't see much of Brayshaw (based on the one game where half the team was out, so I'm not going to be hasty), but have seen something to work with from the others. Even Ainsworth.

Extremely interesting and insightful comment from TK.

Sounds like he has grappled with role change slightly, and without the other big dogs he was able to pretty much have it all his own way, hence his best performance of the year.

Food for thought for Simmo and coaching group regarding balance and midfield dynamics.

Ainsworth, O’Neill, brayshaw, rotham, brander all play like 18 year olds rather than 3rd players. Was hoping to see some excitement out of one of them but looks like they need more time and hours in the gym. We really need top 4 and an extra week off, having nicnat ruck 80% is huge. Duggan looks like he should stay in midfield rotations

Could that be because they have the equivalent experience of first year players at other clubs? :think:

Maybe it has something to do with being a club that is in the window with a strong senior playing list? :think:

I'd love to see us have both Duggan and Ryan pinch hit in the midfield. Throw in some different dynamics every now and then and makes us less predictable.

I'd hate for us to throw up "Chris Scott special" every week, but Ryan and Duggan have both excelled and it's worth exploring. It could be Simmo's "Swing Hunter up forward" play.

Some players can impact straight away, others take time.

How long did it take Gov to become a regular? Took Yeo years to become a full-time midfielder too.

Didn't see much of Brayshaw (based on the one game where half the team was out, so I'm not going to be hasty), but have seen something to work with from the others. Even Ainsworth.
I didn't miiiind brayshaw. He got around the ball and kinda looked like he was involved. He showed more than Reid IMO. My concern is that he's 22 and played like an 18 year old

Liam Ryan has really come on in the last 18 months. Gone from being a bit one wood with his aerial highlights to be a well rounded, hard working, team focussed, elite player of the comp.

Looking back, pick #26 was a steal.

5. We all love the aerial skills, the explosive pace and the sheer excitement of watching Liam Ryan play the game. But from a team perspective there is so much more to his game. He had 16 possessions, four marks and a goal against the Saints, eight of those touches were contested possessions. But he also had 12 pressure acts, three marks inside 50 and was responsible for four entries inside the forward arc. Throw in nine score involvements and he has become a significant force within the team.

It seemed like Brayshaw was playing more half forward which was a bit of a surprising way to use a slow inside tank. I didn't realise how solid he is, I almost wonder whether he is too big, he is Ainsworth in reverse.

Petch too

Lucky for XON he’s not a 3rd year player yet

(Rotham is 4th year tho)

Come on, he has a neck tattoo and most footy players struggle to string a sentence together. I was also surprised when I first heard him speak.

Reminded me a bit of this:

Reminded me a bit of this:

I don't think it's close to that.

I think there is a real problem with commentary where every smart act on the football field by an indigenous player is 'instinct that you just can't teach' or with Nic Nat it's 'the power, the raw athleticism' when on other foot it's all about footy smarts, skill and decision making, but I'll give a pass to BT here, Kelly is an unusually well-spoken football player and he has neck tatts.

There's not a lot of overlap in the articulate speaker/footballer with neck tatts Venn diagram. Maybe BT doesn't deserve that allowance, given he couldn't separate Rioli/Ryan for far too long or that he made it sound like the aboriginal audience in the NT were like neanderthals seeing a steam engine for the first time with their enthusiasm watching the football, but you can understand on some level being surprised that Kelly is so well presented.

Christ, compare him to the most famous neck-tatted footballer in Dusty who is incapable of stringing a sentence together in public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Dusty probably talks a mile a minute in the off season.

Probably, as would over 50% of players if you ask me.

AFLPA has banned clubs and AFL from undertaking out of comp drug tests (the ones that detect recreational drugs).

Dare I say that most players wind down with a few lines and pingers after 6 months of stringent diet/training.

Probably, as would over 50% of players if you ask me.

AFLPA has banned clubs and AFL from undertaking out of comp drug tests (the ones that detect recreational drugs).

Dare I say that most players wind down with a few lines and pingers after 6 months of stringent diet/training.

Is that true? I didn't know that. I'd be letting loose too after this bullshit year. GC is gonna be wild in the off season!

*snip*... or that he made it sound like the aboriginal audience in the NT were like neanderthals seeing a steam engine for the first time with their enthusiasm watching the football.

Fantastically accurate description (second only to your post about adult football fans paying to go on flights with the team as "spectrumy man-children" IIRC).

I remember cringing when he did that, I felt sick inside. Who'd think that a fat, 60 year old white bloke from Mandurah may possibly be a little out of touch?

I honestly don't think BT has any ill-will in what he says, but yeah he just can't help sounding super awkward and going waaaaay too far with it any time he wanders into that area. Someone needs to tell him to stop and he needs to listen.

If Adelaide can win from 5th

If Bulldogs can win from 7th

If Hawthorn can win it with playing 4 finals and (QF/PF) 2 trips to Perth

We can win it from 5th this year, where very few teams have a HGA.

The preference would be an EF in Perth followed by SF in Adelaide against Port and two games at the Gabba.

People say we can't play in QLD, but we have a 3-1 record at the Gabba this year.

We can do this people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back