Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Out Injured : Andy Maher

EQKi-Y8UUAA6dDr

not getting a whole lot of sympathy from the player.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Poor old - tries too hard - Andy Maher….He's the nerd whose had sand kicked in his face all his life & you blokes are just adding to that life- long trend of pain & torture here.

He also reminds me of the loser in Ferris Buellers day off....Someone took an iron to his face as a kid also.

1581214322134.png

Why the long face andy?

Last Friday, he was on SEN with Bob Murphy, could barely speak, sniffling his way through the show.
Andy, being a warrior and working through kinda isn’t cool right now?
Besides, the show won’t collapse if you aren’t there for a day or two.
You’re probably more concerned that ratings will increase in your absence but nonetheless - it sends a s**t message about how to behave when you are unwell with a potentially infectious anything - it doesn’t have to be covid-19.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Last Friday, he was on SEN with Bob Murphy, could barely speak, sniffling his way through the show.
Andy, being a warrior and working through kinda isn’t cool right now?
Besides, the show won’t collapse if you aren’t there for a day or two.
You’re probably more concerned that ratings will increase in your absence but nonetheless - it sends a s**t message about how to behave when you are unwell with a potentially infectious anything - it doesn’t have to be covid-19.
you seemed to listen to all the program tho.:)

you've got to hand it to him. for someone with so little talent he's managed to carve out a lucrative little career for himself.

you seemed to listen to all the program tho.:)

you've got to hand it to him. for someone with so little talent he's managed to carve out a lucrative little career for himself.

just enough to get to the bottle shop and back. That was enough for me.
With regard to your second point - let’s not enable mediocrity ;)

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
If you don't like him, why keep listening to him ?

Not a fan of his myself (but by the same token, I don't think he is as bad as others are saying)

Him and Bob are so much better than idiotic, inane bogans Mark Allen and The Ox in the same timeslot tho
Driving home there is the option of, on the am dial REppstein, John Elliots son,, RN, and SEN. The only realistic alternative is ABC Jazz. When it plays sh.t music where do I go with theses ghastly alternatives?

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Driving home there is the option of, on the am dial REppstein, John Elliots son,, RN, and SEN. The only realistic alternative is ABC Jazz. When it plays sh.t music where do I go with theses ghastly alternatives?

Podcasts are your friend. Haven’t listened to the radio in over 6 months and I drive all day for work.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Him and Bob are so much better than idiotic, inane bogans Mark Allen and The Ox in the same timeslot tho

That's not much of a rap. The Drive time show was only good when it was Ox and some egghead like Hudson, or Francis.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Andy and Bob's show motivated me to fix the bluetooth in my car so I can listen to a decent podcast or some music, instead of crap.

Bob was raving about some caller who said Brad Johnson was a selfish player. He said the call was 'offensive', and he was getting worked up like someone accused his former teammate of being an upskirter or something. Andy Maher also got stuck in. That was probably the final straw for me.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
FM.
106.7 friend. Best radio station in Australia.

If you don't like him, why keep listening to him ?

Not a fan of his myself (but by the same token, I don't think he is as bad as others are saying)

like comparing Sars and Mers for the virus you’d most like to catch ....
Honestly, I rarely listen to him or SEN these days.
I’ve been in Podcasts but annoyingly my Bluetooth is broken so have had to revert to the good ol wireless ....

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Andy Maher is terrible. He's like the 13th man on a cricket team who hangs out near the boundary all day hoping one day he'll get a go. And then hallelujah, someone gets a niggle and it's his time to shine. But he then refuses to go back off.

The mighty Hawks

Debutant
Mar 23, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Andy Maher is terrible. He's like the 13th man on a cricket team who hangs out near the boundary all day hoping one day he'll get a go. And then hallelujah, someone gets a niggle and it's his time to shine. But he then refuses to go back off.
Nah he's the guy that's on the boundary incase the keeper misses the ball....

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I watched The Front Bar this week and gee it was good.
Funny, vibrant and seemed to have a freshness to it despite the lame onion joke getting rolled out.
Importantly, it’s anchor didn’t meander through the show like a boat anchor.
Just trying to pin point the difference ....
I missed this weeks show, but from what you described maybe its worth having a look know Andy Maher isnt on it.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's bizarre how different he is on his mainstream shows to what he used to offer up in the now defunct Carlton Show podcast.

During the Essendon drug saga was the moment I lost all respect for the guy.

On his podcast, he would actually speak his mind. It must have helped not having any actual stars to fawn over.

It's bizarre how different he is on his mainstream shows to what he used to offer up in the now defunct Carlton Show podcast.

On his podcast, he would actually speak his mind. It must have helped not having any actual stars to fawn over.
How did the views differ?

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

what did he say during the drug saga? Wasn't really following him then, nor am i now lol

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How did the views differ?
what did he say during the drug saga? Wasn't really following him then, nor am i now lol

Without going back and getting direct quotes, during the Carlton Show he would sometimes go in quite hard at players, coaches and especially club administrators when he had strong views about whatever the topic was they were discussing at the time. I certainly didn't always agree with his views, but I respected him having his opinions and expressing them in a public forum.

Contrast that with his sycophantic refusal to critically examine anything to do with Essendon during the drugs saga, probably due to Tim Watson being the co-host on Sen am show at the time. He was like this with a lot of other club related chats where I felt his interviews never touched any sensitive topics.

These were just my impressions of the guy.

Back