2019-2020 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Isles have played some pretty hockey these last 2 games, would love to see them hold on here and get back into the series

Good win to get back in the series especially after coughing up a 2 goal lead in the final period. Showed some real composure to gain the ascendancy again. Kucherov added a bit of spice to the contest in the final seconds

I'm not seeing anything "comfortable" on the ice or in the numbers:

High Danger Chances

VGK 36 - 26 DSS

Shots

VGK 97 - 72 DSS

Corsi

VGK 177 - 136 DSS

Fenwick

VGK 131 - 91 DSS

Expected goals for

VGK 2.83 - 2.16 DSS

Power play difference is having an impact on those numbers though.

Through the 9 periods (and 31 seconds) in the series Vegas has had that much more Power Play time its almost been the equivalent of 1 of the 9 periods with Vegas having an extra skater. (17 extra PP mins). Stars need to stay out of the box, pretty sure Dallas is the highest penalised team in the post season.

Keen to see the 5 on 5 breakdowns.

Another factor, in Games 1 and 3, in my view Dallas outplayed Vegas in periods 1 and 2, going into Period 3 with leads, forcing Vegas to attack and push in period 3 of both games. And they have attacked hard, but i think Dallas was the better team for longer outside of the attacking push Vegas had in each 3rd.

Anyway. I am confident the Stars can win tomorrow. Playing with confidence.

Power play difference is having an impact on those numbers though.

Through the 9 periods (and 31 seconds) in the series Vegas has had that much more Power Play time its almost been the equivalent of 1 of the 9 periods with Vegas having an extra skater. (17 extra PP mins). Stars need to stay out of the box, pretty sure Dallas is the highest penalised team in the post season.

Keen to see the 5 on 5 breakdowns.

High Danger Chances

VGK 27 - 21 DSS

Shots

VGK 71 - 62 DSS

Corsi

VGK 125 - 117 DSS

Fenwick

VGK 92 - 76 DSS

Expected goals for

VGK 1.79 – 1.62 DSS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* yeh! 1 to go

That was some clamp defense in the 3rd.

Vegas with a 1min 10 sec 5 on 3 with 5 min to go. Huge goal tending and some great blocks on the kill.

Only 7 shots in 3rd period, Dallas had 6 (with 2 breakaways)

Great goaltending, great shot blocks.

Khudobin amazing again especially in first 10 mins of 2nd where it was alllll Vegas. Kept it a 1 goal game then we get a lucky goal from a turnover..ice tilts our way and Benn gets the game winner on the power play.

Courageous effort to come back and win with Hintz injured in 1st and no Faksa.

Come on Stars 1 to go!

Yep, I was looking for some sort of "comfortable" aspect as declared for the South Stars remaining games.
Can't see it on the ice or the stats.
I said they would win the series comfortably. The only stat that matters is the final score, 3-1 series lead now and doubt there will be a game 6

I said they would win the series comfortably. The only stat that matters is the final score, 3-1 series lead now and doubt there will be a game 6

I didn't watch the third period but "comfortable" is about the 567,475 adjective I would use to describe how the South Stars were feeling/playing in those forty minutes. :D

I didn't watch the third period but "comfortable" is about the 567,475 adjective I would use to describe how the South Stars were feeling/playing in those forty minutes. :D

If you want to see some Elite defense and goal tending against a pivotal 5 on 3 its worth a look.

Vegas had some looks on it but i dont think Dallas could have defended that better and Khudobin controlled all shots sent ti him.

If you want to see some Elite defense and goal tending against a pivotal 5 on 3 its worth a look.

Vegas had some looks on it but i dont think Dallas could have defended that better and Khudobin controlled all shots sent ti him.
Elite defence and Dallas Stars are not in the same sentence ever when you have Klingberg and Heiskanen

Game 4 Summation NYI-1 TBL-4, Series TBL-3 NYI-1

Before the game started, Khunackl and Cizikas for the Isles were released from the Edmonton bubble, citing injury concerns therefore unable to play for the Isles for the remainder of the tournament.

1st Period 0-0: Both teams played a dour and tentative game from the beginning. Neither team really getting any ascendancy or flow in the game. Once again Varlamov for the Isles was in sterling form.

2nd Period 1-2: A terrific top-shelf snipe from Brock Nelson broke the deadlock from an errant mistake from Vasilevskiy, giving the Isles the lead. However almost instantaneously Vasy makes up for his error with an assist which lead to a Blake Coleman goal. Seconds later Ondrej Palat sneaked one past Varlamov giving the Lighting the lead.

3rd Period 1-4: A greasy, almost in slow motion goal from Brayden Point increased the Bolts buffer by 2 midway through the third. The Isles then pulled Varlamov from net to stem the flow. It however back-fired on them as Pat Maroon shot it from the Isles D-Zone for a 4th goal.

The series heads into Game 5 with Tampa Bay leading 3-1

The Isles under Barry Trotz will be giving everything though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back