Injury 2020 SJOGHCIR

Remove this Banner Ad

We really needed Yeo to regain some form against North. Otherwise he'll be rusty as hell in the first final.
Got Yeo down for 4 frees against first game back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haggers this morning reported that Yeo doesn't want to take painkillers to play again this season for fear of worsening his OP like Joe Daniher. The implication being that if he doens't take painkillers he won't be able to play. Sounded like the usual Haggers drivel.

Obviously Hagdorn is a hack, but Yeo is right that using painkillers to fight through OP could be a disaster.

Obviously Hagdorn is a hack, but Yeo is right that using painkillers to fight through OP could be a disaster.
My reference to drivel was not about the issue of painkillers worsening OP - it was about Hagdorn tending to make a lot of things up.

I doubt whether Yeo actually said anything about it to anyone (including his "close confidantes" - to whom Haggers credited the story).

I think if we get past Week 1 of the finals and Yeo could play hampered, he will play. Yeo's a clubman - he will put his hand up and declare himself right to go even if he isnt.

You could almost hear the bugler at work, the sound of pounding hooves, dust rising into the air, beyond the hills.

Gary Stocks with one of the most grandiose introductions to an injury report you’ve ever read.

All good news, everyone on track for first finals, even Redden by the sounds.

Has the club given any further word on Yeo?

Ideally, would have like him to play this week just for some touch/match fitness but thats looking increasingly unlikely

Has the club given any further word on Yeo?

Ideally, would have like him to play this week just for some touch/match fitness but thats looking increasingly unlikely
I suspect he is going to be playing through discomfort when he gets back, so they have probably decided to give him more time to recover and save him for when it really matters.

They grabbed their mobile devices and summoned the WCE website like witches around a nightfire. Numbers appeared to dance in the flames, a leaping 41, a bullocking 6, a loping 4, an explosive 13. These were good omens.
Indefatigable hudson2006 looked in fine nick as he scribbed down his thoughts. One of several posters on notice within the injuries thread, he took to the task like a duck to the Sanctuary Cove water features. Both are sights we have grown accustomed to in recent times.

It is strange to see Big Footy posters writing this way. But 2020 continues to provide strange experiences for us all.

The QLD sun beats down in its heavy manner, but it is apparent that we are all in high spirits. With the team flying into finals, hudson2006 will be asked to call upon all of his hard work to accurately describe updates to the injury list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back