Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad at least one person got it. I showed this meme to two people today who thought I was saying Andrews was doing an awful job and Sky News was correct -_- .
It’s important to have media that holds those in power to account. A lot of the criticism directed at Andrews, a bit of it being in this thread is absolutely legitimate.

However, the Murdoch press are grotesque and an affront to democracy. All of the preening propagandists screeching their culture war talking points bullshit. Screaming Kim Jong-Dan, Dictator Dan when all they want is a one party state. Abusing anyone that has a contrary view and then responding with moral indignation when anybody calls them out for the campaigners they are. They are a disgusting sham.

Last edited:
It’s important to have media that holds in power to account. A lot of the criticism directed at Andrews, a bit of it being in this thread is absolutely legitimate.

However, the Murdoch press are grotesque and an affront to democracy. All of the preening propagandists screeching their culture war talking points bullshit. Screaming Kim Jong-Dan, Dictator Dan when all they want is a one party state. Abusing anyone that has a contrary view and then responding with moral indignation when anybody calls them out for the campaigners they are. They are a disgusting sham.

Well said. I think it’s fine to criticise Andrews for many things but calling him a dictator and acting like this is a bizarre power grab is truly nuffie bullshit. Funny how the ultra conservatives want to play the mental health card yet when robodebt was genuinely driving people to the brink they didn’t say a word.

I laugh every day at Sky News. Paul Murray is triggered so easily.

I enjoy going into the comments section on their videos on youtube and saying "Another double dole cheque coming tomorrow guys! Heading down to the shooting gallery, thanks for your taxes NSW! "

It is genuinely great fun. Everyone should try it once. 😂

Re the earlier music chat: love my 90s Rock/grunge.

Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden, RATM, Silverchair, Tool, Powderfinger, RHCP, Foo Fighters the list goes on.

My music tastes have broadened quite a bit but I probably revert to the above more often than not.

In my opinion this is better than the rendition of Hallelujah by his son Jeff. Hauntingly beautiful.

Well said. I think it’s fine to criticise Andrews for many things but calling him a dictator and acting like this is a bizarre power grab is truly nuffie bullshit. Funny how the ultra conservatives want to play the mental health card yet when robodebt was genuinely driving people to the brink they didn’t say a word.
Mental health, aged care, quarantine, boarder control are all federal jurisdictions and they have boarder force the AFP and the ADF at their disposal but left it up to the states.

Liberal/National party are happy to be so called tough campaigners when they are locking up children and desperate refugees, or deporting a bloke to NZ for selling weed to his mates but as usual disappeared when there was hard work to be done and no money in it for them.

Trolling the sky news comment section is one of the great joys of life, I'm telling you guys, you're missing out on a heap of fun. 😂

So many bites today. It's hard to reply to all of them.

Black Rain (2010), Stone (2013) two of the best balls out, rock songs of the 2010s in my opinion. I stand to be corrected, but not once did I hear them played on Triple M.

I did hear George Ezra’s ‘Budapest’, Hosier ‘Take Me To Church’ and Milky Chance ‘Stolen Dance’ almost hourly at various stages. Whether you like or hate those songs I would debate the merits of classifying them as rock. Anybody got any theories or is Triple M full of s**t when they call themselves a ‘rock’ station.

Black Rain (2010), Stone (2013) two of the best balls out, rock songs of the 2010s in my opinion. I stand to be corrected, but not once did I hear them played on Triple M.

I did hear George Ezra’s ‘Budapest’, Hosier ‘Take Me To Church’ and Milky Chance ‘Stolen Dance’ almost hourly at various stages. Whether you like or hate those songs I would debate the merits of classifying them as rock. Anybody got any theories or is Triple M full of sh*t when they call themselves a ‘rock’ station.

I don't recall ever hearing Triple M ever play an AIC song & as far as Triple M are concerned Soundgarden have 3 songs in their catalogue.

Dirt (the AIC album) is a masterpiece, Johnny Karate . So many great songs.

Feel similar about Super Unknown by Soundgarden but not quite as good.
Superunknown would be in my top 5 all time albums. While Dirt is a classic & their most renown album, surprisingly my personal favourite is a post Staley album. Black Gives Way To Blue is such a beautiful album while at the same time it rocks so hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superunknown would be in my top 5 all time albums. While Dirt is a classic & their most renown album, surprisingly my personal favourite is a post Staley album. Black Gives Way To Blue is such a beautiful album while at the same time it rocks so hard.

Love this album, saw them live a few years ago when they did a tour for the devil put dinosaurs here, fantastic. I can't remember where it was but obviously wasn't a large venue, which made it all the better

Pre game meal
967e3739ee3490816b756fa88812591d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Pre game meal
967e3739ee3490816b756fa88812591d.jpg

That steak deserves a crap load of carbs on the side!!

Whats in the wine glass?

Last edited:
Wine snob checking in.

About to crack open a bottle of P. Louis Martin bouzy grand cru brut with the Mrs and should we win tonight I might crack open a bottle of Tahbilk Reserve Shiraz, 1999.

So in all likelihood I'll be drinking cooking wine like Rawsons Retreat.

That steak deserves a crap load of carbs on the side!!

Whats in the wine glass?
Wolf Blass 2019 Markers Project Pinot Noir

I've put myself on the keto diet so no carbs unfortunately

Wine snob checking in.

About to crack open a bottle of P. Louis Martin bouzy grand cru brut with the Mrs and should we win tonight I might crack open a bottle of Tahbilk Reserve Shiraz, 1999.

So in all likelihood I'll be drinking cooking wine like Rawsons Retreat.

How much is the Tahbilk worth?

How much is the Tahbilk worth?

In its day about $80 but they’ve rebranded it As Eric Stevens Purbrick which is about $75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back