Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs North Melbourne round 18 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

So be it. Adelaide wont beat Richmond, neither will Sydney beat Geelong. Too much at stake for them to lose. We cant finish any lower than 5th. May as well give the limping Kennedy, sore XON etc a rest to not risk further injury.
On the other side of the coin there is the issue of tinkering with form. It’s unlikely although possible that Adelaide or Sydney could win. Sydney probably more likely. I wonder which way the MC will go? I suspect pick a team to win but leave anyone who is ‘iffy’ out.

5th again. God damn it. But deserved. 1-3 against the rest of the top 4 and of those 3 losses the smallest margin was 5 goals.

In 2018 we beat them all. Collingwood and Hawthorn away.

That second quarter against the Bulldogs when we coughed up a 4 goal lead. Damn. Losing to Gold Coast. Who are below Freo FFS.

Oh well. Up the Coasters.

Not a dead rubber if Adelaide or Sydney can cause an upset.

Also, with a 7 day break, not many will need a rest, and if they did there's hardly anyone left to come in regardless.

Always go for the win.

This time of year most players would benefit with a break.

Ifthe win isnt going toget us a eouble chance rest the guns who need it. Kelly, Gaff and even Darling?

Wont we have 2 weeks off between rd 18 to the EF? No real need to rest people now.

Risking injury two weeks before finals is the issue after 5 games in 19 days. Any player who has played all those games should be rested if there is no tangible benefit in winning.

A minor hammie takes two weeks if lucky.

Gov likely willstruggle with three weeks recovery.

So be it. Adelaide wont beat Richmond, neither will Sydney beat Geelong. Too much at stake for them to lose. We cant finish any lower than 5th. May as well give the limping Kennedy, sore XON etc a rest to not risk further injury.
There is logic in this. I think this is what Geelong have done against the Tigers.
Is it to be head or heart? They both have influence going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Risking injury two weeks before finals is the issue after 5 games in 19 days. Any player who has played all those games should be rested if there is no tangible benefit in winning.

A minor hammie takes two weeks if lucky.

Gov likely willstruggle with three weeks recovery.
Gov's looked like a bad one to me.
Was supposed to have scans yesterday and we haven't heard anything yet doesn't give me much hope he'll be back TBH.

After the win we just had, anyone suggesting we rest 4 or 5 this week doesn't know.much about footy psyche.
We have had the best confidence boost possible in the penultimate game before finals, you go out and drop the last one to 17th placed rabble and that is all lost. Without it, we don't win the flag.
North have nothing much to play for, we should go out and obliterate them so we hit finals with momentum and give ourselves a best possible chance of top 4. A huge win here and it is possible to get top 4 if Bris lose as well as if Cats or Tigers s**t the bed.
If there are blokes that are really sore then rest them but otherwise go hard.
Gov and Brayshaw out Sheed and AhChee in.

After the win we just had, anyone suggesting we rest 4 or 5 this week doesn't know.much about footy psyche.
We have had the best confidence boost possible in the penultimate game before finals, you go out and drop the last one to 17th placed rabble and that is all lost. Without it, we don't win the flag.
North have nothing much to play for, we should go out and obliterate them so we hit finals with momentum and give ourselves a best possible chance of top 4. A huge win here and it is possible to get top 4 if Bris lose as well as if Cats or Tigers sh*t the bed.

Gov and Brayshaw out Sheed and AhChee in.
The pre finals bye ruins any sort of momentum. We beat three top 4 teams in a row to end 2016 then got obliterated in the final. etc.

The pre finals bye ruins any sort of momentum. We beat three top 4 teams in a row to end 2016 then got obliterated in the final. etc.
Not mentally,confidence will carry through an extra week. Lose against rubbish and that will knock them.
We are in the business of winning, we leave the tanking to rubbish teams like Dees and Freo.

Come week 1 of finals, we bring in NN, JK, Hurn, Kelly, Ryan, Gov, Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Cripps & Hutch off 3-7 week breaks?

That can only end well.

Come week 1 of finals, we bring in NN, JK, Hurn, Kelly, Ryan, Gov, Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Cripps & Hutch off 3-7 week breaks?

That can only end well.

Hurn just had a rest and should be good to play v North

Nic could be the same but I wouldnt be against resting him.

Jk was limping but just had a game off.

Ryan has not missed a game and is too important to lose for finals as is Kelly.

What Thursday showed was squad work ethic which wint evaporate by managing sore players. Al the young guys should be going hard to keep their place come finals. The older. Established players may sub conciously ease off.

Nelson Schofield Hurn
Rotham Edwards Cole
Brander Sheed Ah chee
Petrucelle Darling Reid
Cameron Allen Waterman

Hickey, Duggan, Ainsworth

Int: XON, Foley, Williams, Brayshaw

Nic, Kelly, Gaff, Barrass managed

Lets the young guys have a real crack.

Lets the young guys have a real crack.

Not really worried if we win or lose vs Norf. 4th spot is out of our hands and 5th is guaranteed.

My issue with resting too many guys is more around match fitness and lacking touch. If half our best 22 are coming off extended breaks into a final I would be very worried that they could run the game out.

Out: Gov (hamstring), Allen (head knock or shoulder or whatever), Sheppard (managed), O’Neill (managed)

In: Sheed, Williams, Ah Chee, Foley

B: Hurn, Schofield, Rotham
HB: Cole, Barrass, Nelson
C: Brander, Gaff, Duggan
HF: Ah Chee, Darling, Waterman
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Williams
R: Naitanui, Kelly, Sheed
I: Ainsworth, Petruccelle, Brayshaw, Foley
E: Hickey, Edwards, Cameron, Reid

Just guessing at who needs a rest, but that’s about as many as we can give a break without running out of players. Jamieson and Treacy I think are the only fit players I didn’t include in the squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back