Autopsy R16, 2020 Swans vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

No he had 2 possession in the first quarter. Second quarter was close to best on ground. Second half only 7 possessions and wasn’t as influential as those who got votes.

That second quarter changed the entire game though and could argue he was more effective than any of our mids, including Florent who got votes.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Very much so. He didn't have a huge game but he was the one who got Carlton back into the game mid-way through the second quarter to single-handedly turn the match. He was too quick for half of our midfield, and two strong for the other half.
To be fair that's kinda his shtick, being big and fast. It does show a gaping hole in our midfield, we don't have any experienced speed in the midfield.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It's a real quirk of the game that the CEO reads out the names.

Imagine how long Brownlow night would run if Gill had a stutter.

I think the 5 day break and the same young team played a role in the second half. A lot of the boys looked cooked

The experienced players let us down, not the young players.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The more I think about this game the more I think it's good it happened now.
St Kilda has had happened twice to them by worse teams than Carlton.

It will be a motivator for a long time and will be remembered by a lot of the kids that went missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say I'm over it already. A young team with a bunch of cooked players ran out of steam. Big deal.

Sure. You are young enough to have been spared the bitterness caused by the White Collar Carlton crims. I will not forgive that Filth until their Club is rendered to dust and fading memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back