Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep China will look after us. They always do. It’s proven. Some live in fantasyland.

They will literally be the economic powerhouse of the next century and we are hitching our horse to a falling empire who is in utter chaos. You don't have to like them but you have to deal with them. Even the US know that and made us look foolish by standing up to them while they backdoor all our trade deals. Now all our industries are getting punished.

I saw 2 lots of lawn contractors doing the sides of the roads this morning. I think of you every time i see one.
They must be using the "government work " loophole.
Everything the government ( including local ) does is vital.

Of course you can't wait two months to install new curbing on a road that's probably been there since before there were cars and never had Curbing.
This is only the stuff I see, I wonder what other trivia is deemed essential simply due to being "government work".

I have been getting some work lately. It's through a mate who has government contracts and it's through a school. Even the government departments aren't sure if he's allowed be there or not. Schools get all these exemptions but because they are getting work done it's a "worksite" so can't have more than 4 on site, other trades are there sometimes so have zoned bits and all sorts of ways to try to get around it. Schools have exemptions as government but not really clear what constitutes certain allowances. The education department and health department couldn't decide so left it to them to call but if s**t hits the fan it's on them. They are getting work done regardless.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I have been getting some work lately. It's through a mate who has government contracts and it's through a school. Even the government departments aren't sure if he's allowed be there or not. Schools get all these exemptions but because they are getting work done it's a "worksite" so can't have more than 4 on site, other trades are there sometimes so have zoned bits and all sorts of ways to try to get around it. Schools have exemptions as government but not really clear what constitutes certain allowances. The education department and health department couldn't decide so left it to them to call but if sh*t hits the fan it's on them. They are getting work done regardless.
To be honest I reckon the cops couldn’t give a stuff about people doing work that they shouldn’t. I’ve cops behind me at least 4 times now and it’s obvious I’m mowing lawns and haven’t been stopped once. If you carry your permit people will be fine. That wouldn’t have a list of every single job allowed.

To be honest I reckon the cops couldn’t give a stuff about people doing work that they shouldn’t. I’ve cops behind me at least 4 times now and it’s obvious I’m mowing lawns and haven’t been stopped once. If you carry your permit people will be fine. That wouldn’t have a list of every single job allowed.

I think that's fine until someone gets sick and then they'll knock you head off. You'll be right though.

I think that's fine until someone gets sick and then they'll knock you head off. You'll be right though.

Its typical ( government entity) they set things up that way.
Rather than preventive measures, its all about the punishment when its too late.

Which would cause the least amount of pain..... Being bitten on the junk by a snake or following the Saints?
Asking for a friend

Yep I’ve had pain for 50 years following us and still lived Not sure I’d live after getting bitten on the old boy.
Especially from a snake, would be very painful.

Supporting st kilda is mainly emotional pain but the old chap is still fine

Especially from a snake, would be very painful.

Supporting st kilda is mainly emotional pain but the old chap is still fine

My forward defense failed and I've been smacked there by a cricket ball a few times for "check blood" instances.

Surprising tolerances if you expect contact, not so much if you're not expecting it. But then, the fam used to have an outhouse on the farm, so it was kind of a duty to check everywhere before business since spiders and co like warm places...

These days most of them get the hint when I use a stern voice to scurry off, so I will admit I left the brown snake alone as he was just chilling in the sun, the one in my garden trying to be a badarse got a long handled shovel to the face. Don't look at me menacingly when I have tools, know how to use them and you are stopping me from tending my beetroot. I will end you.

If he went to the footy in a full MCG and all the others were from Weribee or Altona, there would be 70 people somewhere in the crowd that might give him the virus.
If all the others were from Dandenong, there would be 30 spreaders somewhere in the crowd.
If all the others were from Frankston , there would be 10 spreaders somewhere in the crowd. If it was a Pub in Frankston, there's a very slim chance someone there has it.
If all the others were from Wodonga there is probably no-one in the crowd with it. Also the Wodonga pub is probably a pretty safe bet.

So if Victoria can get to a level like Queensland or W.A. or New Zealand, the risk of him getting it in a pub is getting pretty low.
Remember If someone went to a pub and had Covid19 not everyone would get it. But some people would get it and spread it, and others would have dire consequences if they caught it.
The whole thing is about improving the odds. I don't know how risk adverse McFly is, but i'd think he can get into a pub again.

NZ did eliminate it. They let it back in. Apparently their border security people "didn't like" having to be tested for Covid. Maybe we can send them some security guards to make sure their Border Security do it right.

Just a brief snapshot;

Speech issue at 5
Skin issue at 6
Bowel issue at 7
Sinus issue at 10
Mental issues with peer assistance break until
RA at 19
And family history is heart disease, diabetes and MND in the 1% of people have this strain and live just beyond a year once diagnosed category, not the Daniher category. I cried like a baby at this talk and am not looking forward to 20 years from now to see if I win chook lotto.

You wanna open up because people are getting stressed, disregarding things, fatigue is growing on you, get good kids, I've 30 years on some of this crap, HTFU plebs or I am out!

I still go outside to do my exercises, but then, I also wash my hands after most things unlike some people.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have been getting some work lately. It's through a mate who has government contracts and it's through a school. Even the government departments aren't sure if he's allowed be there or not. Schools get all these exemptions but because they are getting work done it's a "worksite" so can't have more than 4 on site, other trades are there sometimes so have zoned bits and all sorts of ways to try to get around it. Schools have exemptions as government but not really clear what constitutes certain allowances. The education department and health department couldn't decide so left it to them to call but if sh*t hits the fan it's on them. They are getting work done regardless.

Federal Government has become giant mates club , public servants sacked , departments mothballed
and replaced with highly paid contractors out of 190 .....176 are mates .

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
They will literally be the economic powerhouse of the next century and we are hitching our horse to a falling empire who is in utter chaos. You don't have to like them but you have to deal with them. Even the US know that and made us look foolish by standing up to them while they backdoor all our trade deals. Now all our industries are getting punished.

Anybody who says China will look after us , should read the AFR more the racing guide or Andrew Bolt
column in herald sun.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Was skeptical of the covid app but it seems the bugs have been ironed out.

George

Screenshot_20200912-184405_Facebook.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
It really is a shambles over here
Explains why NSW never had an outbreak even though they had community transmission.

Other big issue is Victoria not wanting to enforce its own laws. You were allowed to exit quarantine without submitting to a test. Also were allowed out for exercise.

Federal Government has become giant mates club , public servants sacked , departments mothballed
and replaced with highly paid contractors out of 190 .....176 are mates .

Yep privatisation is a disgrace. Those unemployed people's cards that Twiggy Forrest set up are a huge scam to remove millions of dollars from the system to go to share holders and send money through Coles and Woolworths who have them captive. Jails are the same, in the US they give them guaranteed numbers so incarcerate to order through the justice system. We are heading towards that here.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Yep privatisation is a disgrace. Those unemployed people's cards that Twiggy Forrest set up are a huge scam to remove millions of dollars from the system to go to share holders and send money through Coles and Woolworths who have them captive. Jails are the same, in the US they give them guaranteed numbers so incarcerate to order through the justice system. We are heading towards that here.
They need to keep their jails full to provide firefighters at a cut rate.

$0.37 an hour - what a system!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back