Games FPL Season 2020/21

Thought I should start a new thread as the new game is live. If you were in the BF league last year your membership rolls over as soon as you make a new team this year, but if you didn't join, shoot me a PM and I'll provide you with the code. We do it this way as one year we had a lot of non-BF people make their way into our league.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bloody hard choosing a squad first time round.
There is too many good midfield options now with Aubameyang and Rashford now classified as midfielders, and the price rises for De Bruyne and even Bruno Fernandes making it hard. If you go with 3 premium midfielders costing more than $10m, then it is likely your forwards are going to suck. With my team, I want to have at least one premium option in each position.

My first draft:
GOA: Pope, Peacock-Farrell
DEF: Alexander-Arnold, Dunk, Vinagre, Saliba, Ferguson
MID: Salah, Aubameyang, Mahrez, Soucek, Gordon
FOR: Kane, Antonio, Mitrovic

I hoping Kane stays injury free and Mahrez becomes more of a starting regular for Pep’s team now that Leroy Sane and David Silva has moved on.

Auba is a risk though, tends to blow hot and cold. And if he's played on the wing it's a massive waste IMO.

You know he can be played as a striker in real life and we still get to pick him as a mid, right? ;)

I was using him as an example.

But fair enough.

I know you were my point is that PEA is one of the top scorers in the game now that he has midfield status - he gets extra points for his goals and gets the advantage of a point if Arsenal keep a CS, he's certainly an option to look at.

I guess you're right looking at it that way.

Bizarre they reclassified him though.

Tough who to get forwards - I'm looking at Kane, Mitrovic and maybe Bamford.

TAA being 7.5 as a defender complicates things too.

Don't think it's that bizarre, he plays a similar position as Salah a lot of the time. Weirdest one for me is Rashford going to mid, dunno how they came up with that one.

I’m looking forward to changing my team 15 times between now and the start of the season. Strategy will probably be to load up on the midfielders who are strikers really & the defence, strikers maybe just cheapest ones who will play a lot

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't think it's that bizarre, he plays a similar position as Salah a lot of the time. Weirdest one for me is Rashford going to mid, dunno how they came up with that one.
Same rational. Rasford plays on the left of the front 3. Martial in the middle. So they have swapped positions in Fantasy.

Friendly reminder for people: deadline is 90 minutes before kick off, NOT when teams are announced.

A good thing to be honest, no more spending the last half hour before deadline scouring for team sheet leaks.

A good thing to be honest, no more spending the last half hour before deadline scouring for team sheet leaks.

Though if they'd done this with last season's Liverpool carnage, so many managers would have had horrible final days..

Though if they'd done this with last season's Liverpool carnage, so many managers would have had horrible final days..

I was on Free Hit and they all went right out of my team. That said, my Free Hit team got a similar score to what my original team would have, there was a plethora of points available in that final week. I'll take a solid week this week, a lot of unknowns. Salah C for certain though.

Back