Autopsy Training Drill Review Vs North (99 - 35)

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
Darcy was great today. In his under age highlights it was his ground ball effort’s that really caught my eye. He is starting to show that now, he contests the bounce and then immediately is attacking the ground ball and feeding the ball out. Impressed again with Watson too.

The real issue here is Dal Santo giving a commentators curse to Sonny at the end

I was yelling out to score the ton and how many points were needed from the start of the 4th. The thing is....Metricon has great acoustics and no background noise so EVERYONE heard. I saw poor Sonny's head drop both after the miss and after the siren sounded. In my own, slightly drunk and hyper confirmation biased opinion, they wanted to kick as much as the could.

But yes, a good day had. Led a few Freo chants at the end of the game, saw a 10 goal win, had a few drinks and hurled enough abuse...great day :thumbsu:

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone else notice The commentary at the end:
Dunstall: what can we expect from freo next year? Finals?
Dal Santo: jeez chief, don’t be getting too carried away now!

Is Dal Santo actually serious here? It’s hardly that big a jump from 11th to 8th? Even without my purple tinted glasses, we are the standout non finals team in 2020 with upside and growth for next year. Our trajectory and list is in a better spot than all of Adelaide, north, sydney, hawks, suns, Essendon, Carlton, and Melbourne right now. And arguably 2 or 3 others.
The lack of respect for our team is so ******* annoying. Give me one reason, if we keep a low injury list next year, why we shouldn’t do a brisbane or port Adelaide in 2021?

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fantastic effort from your boys today. Genuinely worried about our matchup with you guys next week. You guys have so much young talent coming through. And an array of superstar talent. And so happy to see Hogan get some reward. Exciting times ahead.

One thing I will say, what is up with North fan’s talking up Luke Davis-Uniacke? All I see is a soft outside seagull with minimal work rate. If he had shown half as much as what Brayshaw, Cerra or Serong had shown their fan base would be petitioning for a Go Fund me page to fire up the smelters to build him a bronzed statue out the front of their full time home at Blundstone arena.

LDU is a potato. You happy??? Breathe bruh it's just a game.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Darcy was great today. In his under age highlights it was his ground ball effort’s that really caught my eye. He is starting to show that now, he contests the bounce and then immediately is attacking the ground ball and feeding the ball out. Impressed again with Watson too.

Yep, I've been harsh on Darcy but need to give him some credit. Has started to be on the ball more and put in more second efforts after the ruck contest which has been my complaint about him. It makes a big difference for our midfielders in some of our stoppage plays when Darcy can attack the ball again and stand up like a wall against the oppositions' pressure, so they can reap the reward of his effort then clear it.

Darcy had a Sandilands feel about him today. Whenever the media would talk up our oppositions' ruck, Sandilands would end up destroying them. Darcy comfortably beat Goldstein after a good year, in his 250th.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Darcy takes a goos grab. Love that weapon he has.

Only negative is Mundy taking brownlow votes off fyfe. Should have the brownlow in the bag now

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Yeah righto mate

If you're genuinely happy seeing your club resemble an out of control dumpster fire week after week because it means better picks then congratulations, you're an honorary Melbourne fan. Picks will solve everything!

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
With all due respect - MacDonald had a very good game. At one point I thought our boys must have thought he wore bluenyella and had #20 on his back.

He's been a beast this year, at a higher profile club he'd be a lock for AA. Arguably the only player to have improved under Shaw.

Were both Tabs and Hogan alternating deep forward? Either way team looks a lot better with Lobb being out on the wing as link up rather than forward.

Tabs was always deep from what I saw but Hogan would alternate FP to CHF pretty much from bounce to Bounce. The opposing CHB was often caught out of postion and slightly back of a read of their opponent because of it. I feel the floating KP structure is probably going to be our new forward structure to alienate opposition defences.

Back