What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be howled down for this. Let Crippa take a break from captaincy for a year....sort his missus out....focus on his body. Docherty and ed can co captain. Crippa needs to freshen up and he can captain us long term after that
If you know you’re going to get howled down, then why post it?

It’s one of the oddest ideas I’ve heard and I’ve heard many.

You really think that’s the way to handle adversity, do you think it’s in his DNA to give up?

I will be howled down for this. Let Crippa take a break from captaincy for a year....sort his missus out....focus on his body. Docherty and ed can co captain. Crippa needs to freshen up and he can captain us long term after that
the woman is seriously ill - you talk about her like she's a sick dog - "sort his missus out"...........god you'd be disgusting to be around..........

Yep - punishing him by relieving him of the captaincy would send a great message and do wonders for both him and her.

In reality I think that you should re-read your post, have a bit of a think about it and maybe find things to do in your life that might teach you about empathy. Posting on a football site does not seem to be a thing that you should be doing.

If you know you’re going to get howled down, then why post it?

It’s one of the oddest ideas I’ve heard and I’ve heard many.

You really think that’s the way to handle adversity, do you think it’s in his DNA to give up?
Think outside the box.
1) cripps is overburdened
2) Cripps needs to self focus on his fitness. He maybe on the cusp of physical breakdown precipitated by a loss of pace
3) The pre season is short
4) He needs to focus on his wife's issues and be present
5) The team will grow if they are in a situation where they don't rely on Cripps but learn to be lead by him
6) Cripps will learn that leadership is not carrying a team but teaching individuals the power of self reliance.

the woman is seriously ill - you talk about her like she's a sick dog - "sort his missus out"...........god you'd be disgusting to be around..........

Don't project your antipathy towards colloquial language by imputing a meaning that is not there. When you or I are sick we need to be "sorted out". Diagnosed/attendedto/organised rehabilitation plan. Your post represents the tendency towards censorship of left leaning thinking, that begins by diluting the colour of language

Don't project your antipathy towards colloquial language by imputing a meaning that is not there. When you or I are sick we need to be "sorted out". Diagnosed/attendedto/organised rehabilitation plan. Your post represents the tendency towards censorship of left leaning thinking, that begins by diluting the colour of language
MJ, you need to be told; you'd be a great bloke to be around. :thumbsu:

Think outside the box.
2) Cripps needs to self focus on his fitness. He maybe on the cusp of physical breakdown precipitated by a loss of pace
5) The team will grow if they are in a situation where they don't rely on Cripps but learn to be lead by him
6) Cripps will learn that leadership is not carrying a team but teaching individuals the power of self reliance.

Cripps is married :think:

Think outside the box.

Players overthink things sometimes which leads to poor form. I guess that can also apply to BigFooty posters.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I did it all without a forced and contrived sense of intellectualism. Next.....

Think outside the box.
Seems like an almost foolproof way to ensure that he leaves the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may already be leaving apparently. So we may have to get used life without him in the near future.
The chances of a loyal invested footballer like Cripps leaving a team on the way up are ridiculously slim, about the same as me lining up at full back for the blues next year. That is unless we shame him by stripping him of the captaincy in some hare brained scheme.

OCD is a condition not understood by many. You can't just sort it out. It can be managed, but my brother's had it for many years. It doesnt just disappear.

The chances of a loyal invested footballer like Cripps leaving a team on the way up are ridiculously slim, about the same as me lining up at full back for the blues next year. That is unless we shame him by stripping him of the captaincy in some hare brained scheme.
just need to sort his missus out first.........

Oh my, Michael. My suggestion: proofread before you press Post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back