Games FPL Season 2020/21

I was on Free Hit and they all went right out of my team. That said, my Free Hit team got a similar score to what my original team would have, there was a plethora of points available in that final week. I'll take a solid week this week, a lot of unknowns. Salah C for certain though.

Haha yeah I think I was the same, think my original team would have done better than my FH, but it was fun being able to FH and take my pick of players.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
my first season. no ******* idea how the game works. will have to learn on the job.
threw a team together based on popular picks.

i'm ready to roll.

epl fantasy.JPG

my first season. no ******* idea how the game works. will have to learn on the job.

i'm ready to roll.

View attachment 959790

Any questions, chuck it on this thread. The only thing you might not be aware of that prices change up or down for some players every day depending on popularity. So there is a balance between making a transfer early before someone goes up in price, and waiting to see if people are injured.

i'm ready to roll.

View attachment 959790

Just shows how good a team you can make just following popular picks haha, looks a great tam.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Not a good start for me haha. Everywhere I read it said Saliba would be playing so slotting him in. Couldn't even get a gig on the bench. Feel like I've fell for an elaborate prank.

Doesn't really matter because I tend to forget about this about six weeks into it.

Edit: Here is my full team anyways

A31F4695-8B8A-4F6F-9106-874595C3B2CA.jpeg

I picked Martinez because I thought Leno did an ACL, turns out he didn’t.

Whoops, first trade burnt for next week! Hope Ramsdale starts now

Ramsdale will def start don't worry.

No need to panic if you didn't captain Salah. Two penalties amongst his goals, on another day PEA gets two pens and gets a hatty of his own.

Mitro will start more than he sits on the bench, was clearly a tactical decision last night.

Soton is probably the main worry but I'll give them another game or two before I panic.

Depending on how Barnes goes tonight I'll probably push him up to Rashford and leave it at that.

Ah the classic GW1 blunder of forgetting that FPL makes you hit "Save Changes" -_-

Haha couple of seasons ago I went the other way with my mistake, leading to me Captaining the rookie Tom Doedee.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
all out for 52 chasing 133. how is 133 even possible?
my 3rd highest scorer (6) was a benched Crystal Palace defender that cost 4 mill...go figure.

now what?
i'm thinking about bringing in Martial for Werner. partly because i like the Palace match up but mostly because i feel like i need to do something. do I?

I thought going in to the round I'd be happy with over 50 for the week and I got that so can't complain. There's always going to be bandwagons/players/decisions that others made that I'll feel frustrated about but thought my team was pretty rationally thought out. Actually leaning towards not bringing in United this week after that Palace display, and banking the transfer to do a 'mini WC' in GW 3. The 0.5 I gain from PEA -> KDB/Sterling gives me a lot more flexibility.

Barnes on another day could have had a monster score so that was just unlucky.

Triple captain

I got 66, the trick is going to be not making any knee-jerk trades and messing up the team despite disappointing starts from a few premos

my 3rd highest scorer (6) was a benched Crystal Palace defender that cost 4 mill...go figure.

now what?
i'm thinking about bringing in Martial for Werner. partly because i like the Palace match up but mostly because i feel like i need to do something. do I?

No, if you don't use a transfer this week it banks and you get two next week. After that the max you can have is two so definitely use at least one in that situation, but don't feel like you HAVE to do something. After Pool Chelsea has a pretty good run so don't be too hasty on Werner.

I'm pretty sure the guy who won it last year started the first week over 2m, your rank can rapidly change especially over the first few weeks. That being said last year I think I was about 70k after the first week so it's a bit frustrating all the same.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
thanks guys :thumbsu:
i might just bank that transfer to give me more flexibility in GW3
PEA as triple captain against West Ham is tempting me now...i wish you didn't mention that.

thoughts on Mitrovic starting this round? there should be a few goals in that game but it's hard to score from the bench.

Don't think I can keep Saka because after Willian's performance and the depth Arsenal have on the wings I can't see him getting consistent minutes and I can get a nailed on starter for 5.5 so I reckon that's my move.

I'm tossing up between Harrison of Leeds who looked really good and Podence of Wolves who also looked pretty good, my only issue is that Podence may not get that much game time given Wolves' depth in midfield. Thoughts?

thanks guys :thumbsu:
i might just bank that transfer to give me more flexibility in GW3
PEA as triple captain against West Ham is tempting me now...i wish you didn't mention that.

thoughts on Mitrovic starting this round? there should be a few goals in that game but it's hard to score from the bench.
Mitro was only benched because he wasn't quite fresh enough after international duty. He will start may more weeks that he doesn't, he's too valuable to Fulham. Don't make a knee-jerk trade, if you have him you can afford to hold him for a bit more purely on his very high ownership numbers.

Back