Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
So where to for the AFL now....

Every year they throw around ambassadorial money outside the salary cap to keep players there, then we hear these overpaid players state publicly that they will remain up there because they want to be apart of something special and are building a great team etc....

Well guess what, they are not special and are not building s**t other then their over inflated egos & attitudes....

Call me crazy but I don't want us to make finals by relying on other teams losing. I want us to make it on our own merits and because we were good enough to. This is amplified by the fact we lost winnable games against Melbourne, GWS, Port and Collingwood.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
when you think about it all teams make finals cause others lose............huh? huh? with me?........

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Confused as to why people wanted GWS to win tonight.

Given our % and tendency to not have big wins, any team that gets to 36 points has us covered. So we need at most 1 team of Collingwood, WB, GWS and Melbourne to reach 36 points. If GWS had have won tonight, they go to 36 and then WB will almost certainly beat the Hawks and it's game over for us.

With this result, both GWS and Melbourne are on 32 and we're still very much alive. Yes * are s**t but Melbourne are flaky as hell so don't count on them sealing the deal next week. Also with Jekle/Hyde GWS are probably less than 50% against St.Kilda which keeps them below the 36 points.

This, a narrow victory to Melbourne, was the best possible result for us.

But I do feel we still need Collingwood to lose both games and remain on 34 for us to genuinely have a chance - unlikely as the Suns look pretty spent.

Oh and then I'm also totally ignoring the fact that on top of all that, we'll still need to win tomorrow and then beat a top 4 side to get there :)

Last edited:
Have no idea why people think Melbourne winning was the better result. Narrow Giants win much better, knocks Melbourne out then the Saints beat the Giants.

Essendon are PUTRID and will not beat Melbourne.
Ask a Dees supporter, they are already pencilling in a loss based on their club loving to break their poor little hearts.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
No they wouldn't. Their percentage isn't good enough for them to have been certainties. If they lost to the Saints and we boosted our percentage we could still have surpassed them with two wins.

True, but now they have to face the Saints, means that one side is effectively eliminated

We still need results to go our way, even if we win the next 2

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Confused as to why people wanted GWS to win tonight.

Given our % and tendency to not have big wins, any team that gets to 36 points has us covered. So we need at most 1 team of Collingwood, WB, GWS and Melbourne to reach 36 points. If GWS had have won tonight, they go to 36 and then WB will almost certainly beat the Hawks and it's game over for us.

With this result, both GWS and Melbourne are on 32 and we're still very much alive. Yes * are sh*te but Melbourne are flakey as hell so don't count on them finishing it next week. Also with Jekle/Hyde GWS they could easily beat the Saints next week.

This, a narrow victory to Melbourne, was the best possible result for us.
It's not. Giants go to 36 but with a percentage very similar to ours.

Then lose to St Kilda so stay on 36.

With two wins we go to 36, but with a game against Adelaide that would hopefully bring with it a small percentage boost to get above the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show your workings or back to your stable
Gap to Melbourne (8th): Carl need to score 86 points
Gap to GWS Giants (9th): Carl need to score 34 points
Gap to W Bulldogs (10th): Carl need to score 31 points or Haw to score 33 points

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
If GWS won tonight, they would be a certainty to make finals

Exactly - there are essentially 2 positions up for grabs and 5 teams including us vying for them, and with our % you'd say that realistically any team that gets to 36 points has us covered.

I don't understand how people think that GWS winning tonight & therefore claiming one of those 2 positions helps us - given that the other place will almost certainly be claimed by either WB or Collingwood over the next 48 hours.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand how people think that GWS winning tonight & therefore claiming one of those 2 positions helps us - given that the other place will almost certainly be claimed by either WB or Collingwood over the next 48 hours.
It's not that hard to understand. Their percentage is very similar to ours.

If they go to 36 and lose to Saints next week, we can overtake them by winning both our games and with a small percentage boost.

To add to this, Melbourne would have been eliminated with a Giants win. But with their much better percentage and a very likely win against *, will now be uncatchable for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back