Review PORT v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

God it was a great night to be in the Riverbank stand. Scoring end, complete cover.

It's stupid that the Eastern stand doesn't have the same broad dome coverage as the Riverbank. Symmetry be damned.

A totally dominant performance after quarter time. We brought high intensity to every contest and looked like we meant business - proper Port Adelaide football.

Thought Rockliff, Boak and Wines were sensational again. These three hitting form all at the same time and all at the right time of year is exactly what we need. That trifecta can take us all the way, it's just a matter of what happens at either end of the ground.

PORT ADELAIDE 1.2 6.7 7.13 11.13 (79)
ESSENDON 2.1 2.3 3.3 4.5 (29)

GOALS
Port Adelaide:
Dixon 2, Ladhams, Powell-Pepper, Ebert, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Boak, Duursma, Motlop
Essendon: Parish, Clarke, Cutler, Ham

BEST
Port Adelaide:
Rockliff, Boak, Wines, Rozee, Amon, Gray, Bonner
Essendon: Ridley, Saad, Merrett, Smith, Parish

Rockliff best LOL
Jeepers no Dixon amongst best ? Despite two crap shots he was awesome tonight !! Also Lycett says hi !!

Won the game in the second with a dominant display, Essendon never really looked in it. Even when they were in front the still seemed off the pace.

We’re building nicely. Same again against the dourly defensive Collingwood and we cruise into finals top of the ladder. First team since 2000 to lead from the outset and never drop a spot.

4 wins to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading all the comments, just to fill a few gaps I thought Houston was stunning tonight. I said some weeks ago Ollie looks like he’s on a mission and wants to carry us on his back. Amon was a bit off for a part of the night but was Harlem globetrotting in the first half. There’s huge value gained from Rocky when he plays like that. I actually have no idea what Ladhams can become. I know I have this sensation in the pit of my stomach about what could be possible from him. I think he brings something really important to the team. Motlop and Bonner got themselves another week with their second half. Farrell unfortunately hasn’t taken the opportunity given to him this year.

I had a listen to Johnny Woosha Worshfole's post match presser and he bristled a bit when one of the local hacks (probably Capel or Porter) asked him why he thought Port Adelaide weren't rated as a realistic chance. Worsfold was probably thinking "here's the good old South Australian pissantry I remember". I was starting to like him when he told the scribe that you can only beat who you come up against, everyone's only playing each other once, blah blah, but then he spoilt it by saying that Port doesn't have to travel, can sleep in their own beds, etc, so they've every right to be top.

Annoyed with the line of questioning, he got back to cataloguing the excuses for Essendon's dismal 2020 campaign.

I had a listen to Johnny Woosha Worshfole's post match presser and he bristled a bit when one of the local hacks (probably Capel or Porter) asked him why he thought Port Adelaide weren't rated as a realistic chance. Worsfold was probably thinking "here's the good old South Australian pissantry I remember". I was starting to like him when he told the scribe that you can only beat who you come up against, everyone's only playing each other once, blah blah, but then he spoilt it by saying that Port doesn't have to travel, can sleep in their own beds, etc, so they've every right to be top.

Annoyed with the line of questioning, he got back to cataloguing the excuses for Essendon's dismal 2020 campaign.

Gotta love it when a Victorian teams coach complains about their opponent not having to travel.

They serve Irony in buckets in the AFL, and there's still leftovers.

I still remember Hamish's first game it was on delayed free to air against the Hawks at the MCG. The most notable moment was a massive bump on Roughead which is an ear mark to his talent and ruthlessness at the man and the ball. I remember people being dissapointed we didnt trade him to north and richmond(although truthfully he would regret this one). But now we have one of the most reliable tough and beautifully skilled players in the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back