Delisted #20: Jacob Townsend - Not offered a contract for 2021, off to the suns as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he was worth a punt, but what does he offer the team? Can't mark, can't lead and doesn't pressure the ball anywhere near enough. He struggles to find the ball, and struggles even more to dispose it when he rarely gets a touch. One dimensional slow plodder.

But at least he looks tough 🤔

He was one of our few who physically competed.
he wasnt Recruited to play 3rd tall but it is where our genious coaches play him.
Where would you play him? Because he doesn't have the tank to play midfield

He is a 6th forward who is a difficult match up as he is good in the air for his size, physical and a pretty reliable kick.
our media department stated he would be a midfielder.
he has often played as A key position forward this year🥵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the saying about your aunty being you're uncle.

If Zack Merrett was Dangerfield we may be in a better spot as well. Maybe we needed this bloke to make some hybrid players.
latest

Meet our new list manager.

Dr. Alphonse Mephesto

Not that I care about this club much anymore, if at all. It isn't his fault, been poorly played out of position. He is a small forward. Not a lead up forward. He is deserving of another year. Has a crack, unlike the other weak campaigners we have.

The least I can say about Townsend is that he has mongrel and applies good hard pressure. He's one that never applies weak as piss tackles like most of our squad. Not his fault he's given too much responsibility and we have a poor forward structure thanks to Dan Jordan's coaching.

I think he has a place on our list going forward, but I wouldn't be upset if we parted ways either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back