Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television
It only clicked during the rally because I saw it on a sign, but I forgot Stormfront is also the name of a Nazi forum, and I was like "oh".

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
There's actually a Humble Bundle for them available right now for anyone interested

I'm more old school and like to have the physical. I had an electronic copy of the spawn series. Not sure I could do that again.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was a good episode, pleasantly surprised how long it went for (there were a few moments where I thought the episode would end but it just kept going).

Stormfront becoming more significant every episode. I think we’re heading for a Homelander v Stormfront showdown at some point. Her power level appears to up there (perhaps second only to Homelander?). Just speculating.

And for the most wanted persons in the country, they sure do seem to spend a lot of time in public :D.

Hughie walking around Central Park for example, maybe it’s just me that finds this odd. As it didn’t seem like anyone else within the federal authorities thought it wise to check camera recognition until Black Noir asked that lady within the Vought control room.

Anyway, great stuff. Enjoying this mysterious backstory around Liberty/Stormfront, keen to see more of this but now having to wait for the weekly episode. Damn.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
And for the most wanted persons in the country, they sure do seem to spend a lot of time in public :D.

Hughie walking around Central Park for example, maybe it’s just me that finds this odd. As it didn’t seem like anyone else within the federal authorities thought it wise to check camera recognition until Black Noir asked that lady within the Vought control room.
I've given up on caring about that.

The only way it makes sense that any of The Boys could be walking around in such populated places, or stopping in a restaurant for a doughnut, is if they aren't actually all that sought after except by The Seven/Vought.

I also struggle to believe that Annie can just walk around in casual clothes and not be constantly noticed/stopped

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I've given up on caring about that.

The only way it makes sense that any of The Boys could be walking around in such populated places, or stopping in a restaurant for a doughnut, is if they aren't actually all that sought after except by The Seven/Vought.

I also struggle to believe that Annie can just walk around in casual clothes and not be constantly noticed/stopped

Yes have noticed that too, in the first season she’d wear a hat/hoody out in public but now they’ve done away with that as well.

Yes have noticed that too, in the first season she’d wear a hat/hoody out in public but now they’ve done away with that as well.

Look at zooey deschenal without bangs its an entirely different person, thats how starlight can cut about in a hoodie and a pony tail and not be recognised.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Good ep. The actor that plays Homelander is just awesome, especially that scene with Maeve just after he outs her on tv and she's asking about her girlfriend - trying to play it as what Homelander would think is supportive and caring while still coming across disturbing as ****, that dude is nailing it.

So... Butcher's wife lives in a huge walled-off facility complete with other houses and piano lessons (or whatever she was dropping her kid off to last ep)? And she's been there ever since the kid was born? The kid doesn't go to school or see literally anyone else? Was a bit confused by that.

Guessing Stormfront is part of this 'inside coup' at Vought referenced by the CIA lady just before her head exploded? Was wondering why anyone would ok her to be in the 7. Would mean Gus Fring is in on it too seeing as he brought her onboard.

Haha yeah, said the same thing to the missus, Hughie and Starlight just cruising round the city immediately after she's told Homelander they're not together.

Wonder how long it will be before Homelander jnr starts ******* people's sh*t up

Yep, would have to be integral in the end game I assume seeing as he's probably the only one who can hurt Homelander.

Thought I actually did catch some randoms on the street turning to look at her as she walked past with Hughie.

It was competing with the deep gils singing scenes as some of the worst television ever filmed. It was just weird and so boring.

Haha nah the gills scene stands alone and unchallenged for mine. Got a pretty good laugh out of the Doppleganger scene and you could see why he'd try it on once the Liz Shue schtick wasn't working, has first hand experience of just how sick a puppy Homelander is.

The whole resolution of the starlight hughie love in was just stupid. Writers if you want them seperated then actually write a reason as to why they should be seperated.

Dunno, just the threat of Homelander finding out works well enough for me, despite the fact that yeah they kinda dropped the ball on the whole incognito angle this ep. And it ain't resolved by a long shot imo.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So... Butcher's wife lives in a huge walled-off facility complete with other houses and piano lessons (or whatever she was dropping her kid off to last ep)? And she's been there ever since the kid was born? The kid doesn't go to school or see literally anyone else? Was a bit confused by that.
That's the impression I get.

Gets home schooled, occasionally gets handed off to other Vought employees - its basically one big monitoring operation.

I was wondering if its because they are studying the kid to see if/how much superpowers are inheritable, but given the Compound V/the company has been around since WWII, you'd think they'd know that already.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
That's the impression I get.

Gets home schooled, occasionally gets handed off to other Vought employees - its basically one big monitoring operation.

I was wondering if its because they are studying the kid to see if/how much superpowers are inheritable, but given the Compound V/the company has been around since WWII, you'd think they'd know that already.

My memory is vague but isn't the big thing here that Becca was the first person to get knocked up by Homelander and survive the pregnancy? Think I remember that from season 1

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
My memory is vague but isn't the big thing here that Becca was the first person to get knocked up by Homelander and survive the pregnancy? Think I remember that from season 1
I don't remember that, but it would certainly make sense why they'd be studying the kid so closely if he's the first supe kid that has survived birth

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The actor that plays Homelander is just awesome, especially that scene with Maeve just after he outs her on tv and she's asking about her girlfriend - trying to play it as what Homelander would think is supportive and caring while still coming across disturbing as ****, that dude is nailing it.

Anthony Starr is playing the most interesting person on the show. A character that plays a character in almost every scene.

Back