Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters
I think we should only be discussing teams who have won 2+ flags in the last twenty years as contenders.

Sorry Pies fans ;)

Actually I think we should only be discussing teams that have won a flag in the modern era of the last 15 years. Sorry Lions Fans.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Did Richmond win some sort of competition after 2018 where you get to draw up your last two months worth of fixtures?
No, we actually get to do the last 3 months of fixtures. This year we chose to leave our home state and stay in a hotel for 3 months playing all our games on totally neutral territory.

For some reason I take it this annoys you?

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I would put it down to how the fixture falls.

I would put Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Port, Geelong and Richmond with a chance.

Don't rate Brisbane, West Coast and St Kilda a chance. WC won't win it here. St Kilda are still one to two years off. I just feel when the pressure is up Brisbane even though it will be home finals galore will drop.

I rate favouritism in this order:
1. Port
2. Richmond
3. Collingwood
4. Geelong
5. Western Bulldogs

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Looks like someone missed the joke.

lol.gif

47088195.jpg

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
The health of your overall squad has never been more important than this year given the reduced time between games. Every team has had their fair share of injuries but its now starting to take a toil on the top teams. Other than West Coast and Port, the home ground advantage is out the door so this is a really a non factor. Brisbane does get an advantage playing at the Gabba with the crowd but not with being more familiar with the ground itself. Interstate teams have played on the ground far too many times to make this an issue.

This season and now going forward into the finals, Port has the greatest home ground advantage. They will get two finals at the venue and be favourite for both. I would be flabbergasted if they don't reach the Grand Final given that. As to who they play, well it really will come down to injuries imho

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The health of your overall squad has never been more important than this year given the reduced time between games. Every team has had their fair share of injuries but its now starting to take a toil on the top teams. Other than West Coast and Port, the home ground advantage is out the door so this is a really a non factor. Brisbane does get an advantage playing at the Gabba with the crowd but not with being more familiar with the ground itself. Interstate teams have played on the ground far too many times to make this an issue.

This season and now going forward into the finals, Port has the greatest home ground advantage. They will get two finals at the venue and be favourite for both. I would be flabbergasted if they don't reach the Grand Final given that. As to who they play, well it really will come down to injuries imho

Thought I read somewhere that the preliminary finals would be played in Brisbane regardless of who qualifies for a home final?

Thought I read somewhere that the preliminary finals would be played in Brisbane regardless of who qualifies for a home final?
Whatever you read was wrong.

Actually we should be discussing teams who won a flag in the last 9 years, sorry Pies fans

Actually we should be discussing teams while have won 15 or more flags over the past 100 plus years. Sorry Lions fans. Blues and Bombers fans welcome to join the discussion.

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
You would have to say Richmond vs Geelong. Brisbane has the best chance to replace Geelong in the GF.

I don't see Port winning against Geelong or Richmond.

Let's not forget Port have lost to St Kilda, Brisbane, Geelong and just beat a depleted Richmond (at home, missing 6 of their best players and 4 day break travelling). They haven't beaten enough top 4 for me to consider them.

Bulldogs are the underdogs.. the finals hub will nullify the home advantage, so it's a good year for an underdog to win. I have out $40 on Bulldogs at $23.. worth a punt.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Did Richmond win some sort of competition after 2018 where you get to draw up your last two months worth of fixtures?
Yep we asked the afl to play majority of games interstate and not have one actual home ground advantage game all season. We also requested west coast to get 8 home games in a row and the only teams above us on the ladder to have home games as well with one of them barely leaving their state all year. And still we are on track for another flag, what a very lucky football team we are.

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Brisbane’s played at the Gabba 9 times this years and are obviously familiar with it. Richmond have played there twice so the lions would be hoping there is a minor advantage there should we play them.

Back