why are Port allowed interstate finals?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
The funny bit is, I think Tigers are in the box seat to win it. Extremely dominant despite their outs. Will be the best GF they've won out of the 3.
nah, clearly Port and Brisbane in the box seat with finals with real home ground advantage in a season barely anyone gets any games with homeground advantage. Massive leg up on others around them.
I hope Lions win it as like their style the most but it can still be won by anyone even if it favoured most to Brisbane and Port in this season circumstances.
Would have been more ideal if Lions at Gold Coast in week one and Port at Gabba, but knew it not likely, so just accept the compromises for what they are.
Mentally I think Cats are dealing with any disadvantages the best of any club in this weird season so I still count them a decent chance as percentage shows they are probably the truly best performed team of this season. Selwood and Ablett are coming back. They will be no pushover for any of other top 4 teams.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Is playing in Queensland even a disadvantage at this point? Clubs have played so many games at the Gabba and Metricon this season that they should know it like the back of their hands by now.
Certainly not as big as disadvantage as a normal season.
Collingwood played heaps of times on Gabba now, so will not be too disadvantaged playing there come finals times.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You're literally getting a taste of your own medicine for a season and having a massive cry about it. Jesus Christ lmao
ha ha. You are so clueless about following this. I logically pointing out where the advantages and disadvantages are for various teams without the massive bias of people like you with invested interest. My team is not going to play finals so least someone here can be objective without bias like yours etc. etc.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
of all the inconsistencies and the absolute dog's breakfast this season has produced, this stat, i think, is the most intersting

when 4 and 5 day breaks have been regularly happening, how has Port secured such a lobsided advantage?

View attachment 960021
Has anyone factored in whether there was travel before the lopsided breaks? (Port travelled to Qld to play Freo Rd 3 who were already there, but the 6 hour longer break we had was an advantage? There were two more examples when we flew in on the morning of the game.)

Does it talk about how big the difference is (eg a number of those PA advantage breaks were just 2,4,5 hours!)

Does it factor in whether both sides had a bye week as so no advantage of the “lopsided” break (eg Port and North last week.)

Doubtful because it wouldn’t suit the narrative.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
If we played each other once and had same amount of home and away games, it would be.
It is so far from that, this year it not funny.
Some clubs have had no games at all on their homeground out of 17 games.
There is nothing fair about this season, but we all knew it could not be once outside sources made it impossible to do anything but push ahead even though we know it cannot be truly fair and has to be compromised. It is what it is. Let's not kid ourselves it is even close to fair.
Maybe, if you couldn’t host your game at home then you could have forfeited. Just kidding.

Let me put my view this way.
Every year, we are told that the GF is in Victoria because it’s the best outcome for the competition, even if some teams are disadvantaged in that decision. Every reason under the sun is pulled out as justification, and everyone of those arguments are arbitrary.
Well, this year is exactly the same x 100. So Vics, take your own advice.

And rest assured that if the lockdowns were in SA rather than Vic, no one in Vic would care two squats about fairness.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Look at the fixture, they travelled twice from Perth to Brisbane, thats it.

They played more than 2 games away from their home ground but in blocks, only actually had to leave the state twice.
Good on them for not going back and forwards in the 10 weeks out of 17 they had to play across other side of the nation.
Does not change the fact they only had 6 real games with homeground advantage of 17 when you trying paint picture it way better than it really is.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Good on them for not going back and forwards in the 10 weeks out of 17 they had to play across other side of the nation.
Does not change the fact they only had 6 real games with homeground advantage of 17 when you trying paint picture it way better than it really is.

So now your conceding what I said is factually accurate,

maybe you can retract your aggressive statement

" Stop making out they only travelled twice for entire season when it total bullshit."

Its not total bullshit is it, actually its right.

And "only" 6 games with genuine HGA? lol, how many teams this year have had better than that? Richmond have had ZERO games this year with genuine HGA.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
So now your conceding what I said is factually accurate,

maybe you can retract your aggressive statement

" Stop making out they only travelled twice for entire season when it total bullshit."

Its not total bullshit is it, actually its right.

And "only" 6 games with genuine HGA? lol, how many teams this year have had better than that? Richmond have had ZERO games this year with genuine HGA.

I can retract my aggressive statement as you called in. ha ha.
Technically if they travelled from Perth to Brisbane and no where else, they might be able to get the planes trips down to two but you know the context of the conversation really is about how many games with true homeground advantages, how many games where neither side is home and the ones where one team is playing on their homeground and the opposition is away.

I still call bullshit on the intent of your post but retract what you typed was total bullshit.
I'm actually impressed you made an extra distinction and followed it up.
Kudos to you there but still stands, Eagles have played ten times away from home out of seventeen games, so been away from home, a lot, like most clubs this season.
Only the Crows and Lions have spent the majority of their time at home.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Richmond have had zero games this year with HGA, same with Hawks and Carlton. However 13 of those 17 games have still been with no genuine disadvantage as other side also not at home for 13 of the games. Try being the Hawks, they have had a total of 9 games with distinct disadvantage.
A net negative of 9.
Saints and Collingwood next worst of net negative 5

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond have had zero games this year with HGA, same with Hawks and Carlton. However 13 of those 17 games have still been with no genuine disadvantage as other side also not at home for 13 of the games. Try being the Hawks, they have had a total of 9 games with distinct disadvantage.
A net negative of 9.
Saints and Collingwood next worst of net negative 5

I agree the Hawks have been completely rogered with the draw.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I can retract my aggressive statement as you called in. ha ha.
Technically if they travelled from Perth to Brisbane and no where else, they might be able to get the planes trips down to two but you know the context of the conversation really is about how many games with true homeground advantages, how many games where neither side is home and the ones where one team is playing on their homeground and the opposition is away.

I still call bullshit on the intent of your post but retract what you typed was total bullshit.
I'm actually impressed you made an extra distinction and followed it up.
Kudos to you there but still stands, Eagles have played ten times away from home out of seventeen games, so been away from home, a lot, like most clubs this season.
Only the Crows and Lions have spent the majority of their time at home.

I'm glad you agree with me now, it takes a big man to admit they were wrong. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Noted your edit is about what every team would get in any other year. So your point?
Are you saying that because you can't have home finals, that no one should?
I'm saying no one should be given games on their homeground on purpose to give them an extra advantage in finals as not every team has real homegrounds. Finals should be played at best venue for the league and game.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree the Hawks have been completely rogered with the draw.

It happens when you call out Gil and Hocking and the umpires.

It has made the other games better. With more HTB. Even if sometimes the umpires are overzealous.

I think we are the only team not to play in QLD, too. That one is baffling.

Maybe to keep us away from the warm weather resorts as further punishment.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Your Premier is pandering to xenophobes and has found it is incredibly popular.

Turns out most West Australians have a massive chip on their shoulder about the rest of the country.
One economy is going gangbusters, never been better, bar tourism.

The other one its citizens are under house arrest and economy in tatters.

Where would you rather live?

Back