Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thrilled when we picked him up, especially at the price. He's from a real strong footy pedigree and had huge wraps when drafted.
Guys with his sort of class who have underachieved for various reasons are always a chance to come good in the right environment and it seems like he's really settled and enjoying his footy at Freo under JL.
His sort of class and composure is exactly what we needed more of and he's really bringing quality to the team.
Great game today.

Speed isn’t as important if you can kick and hit targets as we saw yesterday
Yes precisely why I said in JLs plan it is not as critical.
This. Sam Mitchell was slow but deadly.

I would prefer Aish's delivery to Langdons speed and run every day of the week.
Sam Mitchell couldn't play wing though.

Agree Aish is one of our best i50 kicks even if he botched the first couple yesterday.

Yes precisely why I said in JLs plan it is not as critical.

Sam Mitchell couldn't play wing though.

Agree Aish is one of our best i50 kicks even if he botched the first couple yesterday.
Even Bewley has flourished under a structurally defensive winger type role. He’s another big reason why it’s hard for opposition for score easier on us. Useful skilful kickers outweighs run and pace in the end. Aish, Bewley, Acres are hard workers and can use the ball efficiently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I felt sorry for him when he was traded to us. Chose Collingwood when leaving Brisbane, just off a GF, no thought for a single second of coming to a cellar dwelling minnow club on the other side of the country. Yet he was pushed out and ended up here. I thought this would be the last place he’d want to be, and he might just go through the motions before he could leave. But now I’m stoked he’s here, he seems to be really gelling with the team and playing his role beautifully. He looks happy to be here, and to be a part of what JL is building. And that’s a very good thing. :)

Love Aish but don't forget that shortened quarters have had an impact on players like Langdon and Hill. They do a lot of damage in the last 5 minutes of normal quarters.
It's also why Bewley will be more important next year to retain due to his running.

Geez I felt sorry for him when he was traded to us. Chose Collingwood when leaving Brisbane, just off a GF, no thought for a single second of coming to a cellar dwelling minnow club on the other side of the country. Yet he was pushed out and ended up here. I thought this would be the last place he’d want to be, and he might just go through the motions before he could leave. But now I’m stoked he’s here, he seems to be really gelling with the team and playing his role beautifully. He looks happy to be here, and to be a part of what JL is building. And that’s a very good thing. :)

Also an easier transition when the coach really wants you and has the role you want available.

We need to get back to Aish playing on the wing as much as possible. That's where he played his best football in the first half of the year. He's divvied up his time between wing and half back since then (mainly out of necessity)

We need to get back to Aish playing on the wing as much as possible. That's where he played his best football in the first half of the year. He's divvied up his time between wing and half back since then (mainly out of necessity)
I think he has returned to playing wing the past fortnight and he has indeed performed much better.

I like Aish a lot. He’s becoming very consistent & reliable. Goes under the radar a bit but he doesn’t get too much wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. I'm not quite sure. Bloody good effort to get to 100 games at AFL level but is a bit too soft in my opinion.

Yeah. I'm not quite sure. Bloody good effort to get to 100 games at AFL level but is a bit too soft in my opinion.

Ideally players are both tough & skillful. In practice, even at the top level we get players who make up for their lack of skill by being very tough & players who are super skilled but less aggressive- I don’t think anyone who plays AFL can be described as soft. It’s a hard game & anyone genuinely soft doesn’t get to the top.

I would suggest our team is over represented by players with average skill who get a game on effort & pressure, a perfect example is Shultz.

I think Aish goes hard enough & he’s genuinely reliable with decisions & execution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back