Movie Dune

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how much Warner Bros had to pay to Pink Floyd's rights-holders for the licence to use a cover version of Eclipse in the trailer.

I think a 1min teaser trailer might have been the wiser option for Dune. The full trailer feels like being dropped into the middle of an epic saga. Too much force-fed dilution to the scope. Chalamet, landscapes, monsters, "from the director of...", that's all it needs to get bums in seats. The Eclipse cover works well.

It also feels a tad past-it. 2000s-mid 10s would have been a good time for something like Dune, but I wonder about the Gen-Z readership circa 2020.

Chalamet looks like he walked directly on set after The King.

Yeah, I first watched the trailer at breakfast while everyone else was watching TV, so I didn't have the sound up. Will have to re-watch.

Ironically, I have just finished rereading Dune and Dune Messiah, and just started Children of Dune.

From memory, Dune is split into two movies with the first out in November and the second out next year.

I am not sure where they split the story. The trailer ends effectively at the end of act 1 where Paul & Jessica escape the worm and enter into Fremen territory after the Dukes death.

After watching it again there is a brief view and audio of the Baron.

I recently listened to Dune Messiah on audio book which is a bit of a change up to the first three books. Very heavy on dialogue with only a handful of characters involved.

I didn't mind the trailer, but it took me a few watches to appreciate it. The guy playing Paul just doesn't look right for the part, IMO. Maybe the movie will change my mind. The 1984 movie was so good (except for the ending), it's going to be hard to watch this without comparing it to that film.

I didn't mind the trailer, but it took me a few watches to appreciate it. The guy playing Paul just doesn't look right for the part, IMO. Maybe the movie will change my mind. The 1984 movie was so good (except for the ending), it's going to be hard to watch this without comparing it to that film.

There are some costume elements that have made it over from the 84 movie, the Still suits look similar.

Looks like they amped up the action, just hope it doesn't come at a cost to dialogue and story telling.

I'm only familiar with the computer game
220px-Dune2_BOD.jpg

I've actually got this one. I first bought it in 1998. Eventually I just wore the disc out and it was getting more and more glitchy to run as OS were updated. I now have an old laptop with Windows7 which will run the downloaded version of the game that I've got. I cart the laptop around with me. I tried downloading it and running it on Windows10 but it was too unstable.

1599783747795.png

The Dune trailer looks amazing. After Star Wars was ruined, and Game of Thrones, im a bit weary of major scifi and fantasy projects being ruined. But im ready to be hurt again.

Dennis did an amazing job with Bladerunner so I am very keen for this.

Will try and read the book prior.

The Dune trailer looks amazing. After Star Wars was ruined, and Game of Thrones, im a bit weary of major scifi and fantasy projects being ruined. But im ready to be hurt again.

Dennis did an amazing job with Bladerunner so I am very keen for this.

Will try and read the book prior.

Denis has never done a bad film, this film especially and the material couldn't be in better hands.

Someone made up a graphic of the announced cast. It's interesting that its in post production and there is still no confirmation of who's playing Feyd-Rautha (Sting in the 84 movie). Its a great cast and there is no reason they can't get the special effects right (well except for money) so cautiously hoping that they finally get this one right.

View attachment 787552

I have no idea about this movie, have not read the books. Only know about some giant worms. But the cast looks great! A mix of marvel (skarsgard, Zendaya, Bautista, Brolin, Issac), DC (brolin, Moama), and star wars (Issac).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a first edition paperback of Dune that I flinched from my dad at the grand old age of 13 many many years ago. I'm a fan of this verse. God knows how many friends, family, partners I've conned into watching the original movie and subsequently the tv series.

I'm so freaking excited about this movie. I loved the trailer, and I'm very happy we're getting two movies. The political & religious complexity has never been fully explored to my satisfaction so I'm really keen to see how this goes.

Another postponement. Sucks but makes sense.

October 2021, ugh, mother *ers.

I hope this simultaneously comes with a decision to green light part two.

Can't have a series film half of book one in 2018/19, then wait all the way until almost the start of 2022 to start choosing whether to film the second half of an iconic book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back