Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- this is beautiful

- this is immense

- this is superb

There are lots of different styles of drum and bass, but I live for it

Last edited:

Dirt (the AIC album) is a masterpiece, Johnny Karate . So many great songs.

Feel similar about Super Unknown by Soundgarden but not quite as good.
I have Superunknown just ahead of Dirt. Both great though. AIC’s Unplugged is better than Nirvana Unplugged as well. Radiohead’s OK Computer is also one of the greats.

Probably the greatest mashup of all time, this version was realeased on swedish house mafias until now album but I can't find it anywhere as a stand alone single. The build into this is so epic....man this is electro at its finest...

I have Superunknown just ahead of Dirt. Both great though. AIC’s Unplugged is better than Nirvana Unplugged as well. Radiohead’s OK Computer is also one of the greats.

You'll think it's blasphemy like so many others that I've said it to in the past, but ....*whispering* I think Nirvana and Radiohead are overrated.

Anyone who likes their rock music in particular from different eras should check out Rick Beato on YouTube, he breaks down and dissects so many fantastic song in parts and highlights in his "what makes this song great" series. Think he's done just about 100 songs now, I'm no musician but I do find fascinating .

He broke down Smells Like Teen Spirit the other day, and he made me appreciate parts of it that I never did in the past, so who knows, maybe I'll get into Nirvana at my advanced age and understand the hype?

Last edited:
You'll think it's blasphemy like so many others that I've said it to in the past, but ....*whispering* I think Nirvana and Radiohead are overrated.
*whispering back* I stopped getting offended by people not liking the same music as me a while ago...

*not whispering* No worries man. I think music is objectively the best thing in the world. I’m musically polyamorous. It’s inevitable that there’s probably music you like that I don’t. Plenty of the music I like, you will think is s**t. We’ll both hate some of the same stuff & we’ll both love some of the same stuff.

Even though I like it, I can totally get how some folks don’t like the falsetto vocals of Thom Yorke and some of the more electronica vibes of Radiohead. I kinda hated them myself at first.

I also get how Nirvana can come across as basic 3 chord punk-pop tunes. Even Cobain himself said they were basically ripping off Pixies (who I also think are great) The Knack or Cheap Trick at times.

That YouTube channel you’ve posted is awesome by the way.

- this is beautiful

- this is immense
Super into club music over here. First DnB I heard was Adam F and Goldie back in the late 90s. Don't listen to much new DnB but still like digging for old stuff like this:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of my other fav break downs of his to songs I absolutely love...

Ricks a gift, his top 20’s are fantastic as well and anyone with an interest in music theory could do worse than get hold of his Beato book.

Listening to deftones at anytime restores my faith in humanity, have to be top 10 on any list of greatest band ever

*whispering back* I stopped getting offended by people not liking the same music as me a while ago...

*not whispering* No worries man. I think music is objectively the best thing in the world. I’m musically polyamorous. It’s inevitable that there’s probably music you like that I don’t. Plenty of the music I like, you will think is sh*t. We’ll both hate some of the same stuff & we’ll both love some of the same stuff.

Even though I like it, I can totally get how some folks don’t like the falsetto vocals of Thom Yorke and some of the more electronica vibes of Radiohead. I kinda hated them myself at first.

I also get how Nirvana can come across as basic 3 chord punk-pop tunes. Even Cobain himself said they were basically ripping off Pixies (who I also think are great) The Knack or Cheap Trick at times.

That YouTube channel you’ve posted is awesome by the way.

Yea, ive got nothing against Nirvana in particular, GG who posts on the NFL board summed them up best when he said Nirvana appeals best to the tortured souls. I've never been a person like that (but maybe I should following the mfc) ..Metallica appealed much more to me and still does, they brought the anger in their music, which as a teenager was perfect for me.

Radiohead's Ok computer I remember back when I used to buy music mags had amazing reviews from everyone, they had never really appealed to me previously but I decided to buy the album anyway to see what all the fuss was about. Returned it a few days later. I just couldn't appreciate it like everyone else, can't even remember why I didn't like it now.

My favourite album of all time is easily White Pony by The Deftones. Just ******* amazing from start to finish, so eerily dark yet powerful and beautiful. It's a shame there aren't as many Deftones fans in Australia as there are overseas. They are seriously one of the most underrated bands ever.

Ricks a gift, his top 20’s are fantastic as well and anyone with an interest in music theory could do worse than get hold of his Beato book.

Listening to deftones at anytime restores my faith in humanity, have to be top 10 on any list of greatest band ever

He is man, his passion and love of music is something that is so authentic. He so cool to listen to, such a wealth of knowledge.

About time someone appreciated them like I do. Great to hear you're a fan of the Deftones too. ♥ I bought their first album Adrenaline back in the 90s as a teenager and have been a fan ever since. When I bought their second album Around the Fur i thought that could not possibly be topped as their greatest album all the time, I played it to death, but then White Pony came along and blew my mind. Still play the s**t out of it today.

Anyone who likes their rock music in particular from different eras should check out Rick Beato on YouTube, he breaks down and dissects so many fantastic song in parts and highlights in his "what makes this song great" series. Think he's done just about 100 songs now, I'm no musician but I do find fascinating .

He broke down Smells Like Teen Spirit the other day, and he made me appreciate parts of it that I never did in the past, so who knows, maybe I'll get into Nirvana at my advanced age and understand the hype?

Thanks very much for posting the video. SLTS was literally my least favourite song because it was so overplayed and this video brought it back to life for me.

:thumbsu:

The bad part is, now iv'e got another 90+ of these to watch.

He is man, his passion and love of music is something that is so authentic. He so cool to listen to, such a wealth of knowledge.

About time someone appreciated them like I do. Great to hear you're a fan of the Deftones too. ♥ I bought their first album Adrenaline back in the 90s as a teenager and have been a fan ever since. When I bought their second album Around the Fur i thought that could not possibly be topped as their greatest album all the time, I played it to death, but then White Pony came along and blew my mind. Still play the sh*t out of it today.
White Pony is top 6 albums of all time for me, the haven’t really had a bad one but their first 4 on the trot were incredible, don’t like to go more than a day without deftones on high rotation

lol that is great

* that campaigner was/is a tripper. Surely the producers at channel 7 must have wanted him to come across a loopy prick, why else would they have let that go to air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back