Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Hawks v Dogs Sun September 13th 3:35pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think the Hawks can win it but at least they're showing more fight than they showed in the first half when it looked like being a rout.

Not easy when proper tackles get called in the back, and one side can throw as much as they want. But Im not sure we want to really win.

the tackling is abominable.. no maybe the kicking is ridiculous.. or even... the pass words between the back and forward
is non existent.. have to have a word with Clarko on his messages to the 'anointed'...

FFS! Do the umpires ever adjudicate on incorrect disposal these days? It seems as long as the ball is shovelled out, no matter the method, they’re happy and call play on.

Last edited:
Any chance we might get a free kick, maybe 2, I've seen since half time, plenty of them there, and why do umpires let the packs keep going on and on? Pack forming or stoppages as they call them in the game now are a blight on the sport, turning it in to a scrum, but today we look a bit like the second half free kick COUNT LIKE A WEEK OR TWO AGO, 14 against us, to none for us. Not quite today , but its really getting to be a horrible game to watch these days, no flow.
We gave it a shot , better than first half.
But I am wondering actually what I'll be watching next year, in terms of Australian Rules Football, because a hell of a lot of this game these days is not Australian Rules Football. And losing doesn't change that fact, I 've been saying it for several years now, since Hocking and McGlachlan!

But as bad as it sounds that word stoppages, we don't handle the get away too well at all this season, long way to go?

FFS! Do the umpires ever adjudicate on incorrect disposal these days? It seems as if the ball is shovelled out, no matter the method, they’re happy and call play on.
Yep, it's the most frustrating thing in the game at the moment, as long as you make a "genuine attempt" you can gridiron pass it, utterly ridiculous.

Worse though is when an umpire decides to pull a random no consistency HTB/incorrect disposal free kick out of their backside after not paying them all game.

At least if you are going to be a s**t umpire do it consistently.

Commentators very sympathetic to the Hawks. Other teams get a moanfest about how much they're doing wrong, and some of them don't have any premiership players.
Apart from the 2nd quarter i don't think we have been that bad today.

Another single digit free kick count for the Hawks, no surprise, every time a Bulldog player gets tackle they drop or throw it and it’s play on
Our 2 extra free kicks really sealed the deal for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we might get a free kick, maybe 2, I've seen since half time, plenty of them there, and why do umpires let the packs keep going on and on? Pack forming or stoppages as they call them in the game now are a blight on the sport, turning it in to a scrum, but today we look a bit like the second half free kick COUNT LIKE A WEEK OR TWO AGO, 14 against us, to none for us. Not quite today , but its really getting to be a horrible game to watch these days, no flow.
But I am wondering actually what I'll be watching next year, in terms of Australian Rules Football, because a hell of a lot of this game these days is not Australian Rules Football. And losing doesn't change that fact, I 've been saying it for several years now, since Hocking and McGlachlan!

But as bad as it sounds that word stoppages, we don't handle the get away too well at all this season, long way to go?

Its OK Joondalup its just your turn.

Its not the umpires, its not "the state of the game", its just the Hawk's turn.

Put the 2013 - 15 GF DVDS on and forget 2020.

Yet another pathetic whinge fest about freekick counts should be equal. There’s no team sport in the world where the free kick count is equal or supposed to be equal.
Massive shock but the team well on top, applying way more pressure and first to the ball is leading the free kick count. Are AFL fans really that dum that the free kick count is the only reason/excuse ever used for a loss? Happens in every match thread.

Ha you don’t just get given free kicks for doing nothing. You were rubbish, you aren’t going to get many free kicks playing like that.

Hawks won the hit outs and tackles (from having less of the ball), loss every other statistical measure and led at absolutely no point during the day, but yes.

Free kicks it is.

Hawks won the hit outs and tackles (from having less of the ball), loss every other statistical measure and led at absolutely no point during the day, but yes.

Free kicks it is.
We didn’t lose of the free kick count, got too many players out

At least we won our only two games at the MCG, since then we have played in every state except Tassie where we play our other home games.

Last edited:
Good to see that at least one of the borderline top 8 contenders looks like they actually want to play finals. Whoever finishes 5th would be a bit nervous about meeting the Doggies in an Elim. Final- shades of 2016.

nothing like 2016. We were heading for top 4 until smashed by injuries. Then got players back for finals.

this like last year leaving our run late.

Back