Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Not long to go till you see him in an Eagles jumper?

2022?

This whole year I have been death riding Carlton in order to break his spirit so he comes home.

I've watched every single one of their games this year.

He is so one wood. Contested beast in the middle, but slow as treacle, and terrible kick at goal.

I'm not really sure if I am interested anymore.

This whole year I have been death riding Carlton in order to break his spirit so he comes home.

I've watched every single one of their games this year.

He is so one wood. Contested beast in the middle, but slow as treacle, and terrible kick at goal.

I'm not really sure if I am interested anymore.

He is a good kick, which can be taught how to apply that to goal kicking.

His spirit was broken years ago, getting drafted by a s**t Club. Another finals exit for them to.

He is coming home at the right price. Just need to convince him it will be harder to get him if he signs. The Blues will want three 1sts for him.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
He is a good kick, which can be taught how to apply that to goal kicking.

His spirit was broken years ago, getting drafted by a sh*t Club. Another finals exit for them to.

He is coming home at the right price. Just need to convince him it will be harder to get him if he signs. The Blues will want three 1sts for him.

We wouldn't be able to offer him what he is currently getting at Carlton (900K), and Carlton, being Carlton, will most likely match, even if he made clear that he did not want to be there.

Chances of Cripps nominating West Coast for free agency and playing in Eagles colours from 2022 is probably about 15%.

We wouldn't be able to offer him what he is currently getting at Carlton (900K), and Carlton, being Carlton, will most likely match, even if he made clear that he did not want to be there.

Chances of Cripps nominating West Coast for free agency and playing in Eagles colours from 2022 is probably about 15%.

Just offer him the Dangerfield contract of only $700k with the wink that the multi millionaire supporters will take care of him as they do for all of Geelongs players.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Just offer him the Dangerfield contract of only $700k with the wink that the multi millionaire supporters will take care of him as they do for all of Geelongs players.

And then like Adelaide did, Carlton will match as the compo pick wouldn't be worth it.

And we won't have anything to trade with them, as we will need to take a first rounder at the draft as per AFL rules in both 2021 and 2022, given the we haven't used a first round pick since 2017.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Gibbs relationship with Carlton v his relationship with Adelaide is bizarre.

He is being chaired off in his final game by opposition players, who are the team he used to play for, and requesting a trade to his current team on in two successive years.

That'd be like Geelong players chairing TK off in 6-7 years time. After TK tweets #gocatters through the year.
Not even remotely similar to TK. Gibbs played at Carlton for more than 2 years for a start. Just because he requested a trade from Carlton it doesn't mean they aren't still some of his best mates.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Not even remotely similar to TK. Gibbs played at Carlton for more than 2 years for a start. Just because he requested a trade from Carlton it doesn't mean they aren't still some of his best mates.

Fair call, but being chaired off whether it be a milestone, or a retirement is something you do with your current club, surely.

It doesn't sit very well with me at all.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair call, but being chaired off whether it be a milestone, or a retirement is something you do with your current club, surely.

A bit bizzare but not a huge issue for me as he played 90% of his time at the blues, and only played that 1 good year then fell out of favour at the crows.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS

The story is they were his grooms man at his wedding, it was pre arranged, personally don't have an issue with it.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
More than any other team in the comp, Carlton's game plan resembles ours.

Rather a general question.

Comments not directed at you but your ‘game plan’ comment had me thinking.

Have heard a few comments indicated compressed fixturing means ‘training’ as we know it hasn’t been easy, if not impossible.

Given our game plan this clearly affects our preparations and ability to sort a few glitches out.

By comparison Tiges effectively use a kick it and swarm approach which, while clearly successful, may be easier to accomplish this season. That is not take anything away from the Tiges either.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Rather a general question.

Comments not directed at you but your ‘game plan’ comment had me thinking.

Have heard a few comments indicated compressed fixturing means ‘training’ as we know it hasn’t been easy, if not impossible.

Given our game plan this clearly affects our preparations and ability to sort a few glitches out.

By comparison Tiges effectively use a kick it and swarm approach which, while clearly successful, may be easier to accomplish this season. That is not take anything away from the Tiges either.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I don't really think so.

Compressed fixture means that they are literally playing instead of training.

I think they are executing the game plan very well. You need to have the cattle on the park, since leaving Perth the availability of some key players has been the thing that has impacted our season, not the inability to train.

Since the completion of round 4 they have won 10 games, and lost twice, once to Tigers off a 4 day break, and once to the doggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back