List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure l didn't criticize either JB or Hill.
Just putting forward a case for Polec, like some would do for Crouch or any other hack we might look at..

I don't disagree that some will hate his lack of hardness but Hill wouldn't have been criticised like he has if he'd played to his past standard on top of not liking body contact. Having a couple of quality wings would be pretty Andy. Could move Billings around.

Is Pretty Andy your prison nickname?
I don't disagree that some will hate his lack of hardness but Hill wouldn't have been criticised like he has if he'd played to his past standard on top of not liking body contact. Having a couple of quality wings would be pretty Andy. Could move Billings around.

I'm pretty sure l didn't criticize either JB or Hill.
Just putting forward a case for Polec, like some would do for Crouch or any other hack we might look at..

It wasn’t aimed at you... just pointing out how extremely soft Polec is. My in laws are all Norf supporters & to say that Polec is not well regarded is an understatement.

I’d be exceptionally surprised if we considered taking him on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d rather give Phillips time to develop than waste money on a player like Polec.

We’ve got enough guys who can play on the wing... there’s a number of much higher priorities than recruiting an exceptionally soft & overpaid outside runner.

6 months ago I’d have argued against this, but what about Ben Brown from North?
Our current forward line isn’t working. Our biggest issue is our inability to kick goals. If we kicked an extra goal per game we’d have won another 4 or so games.

Ben Brown is a proven goal kicker. He doesn’t need to do much else but kick 1 or 2 goals per game and the added bonus is the defenders will have another forward to deal with rather than just focusing on Max King and Membrey.
Turns 28 in November.
No to ben
King will be a much better player than him

Have to admit I get pretty frustrated whenever I see Jarryd Lyons play. He was someone any team could have got for nothing but he was apparently too boring coming off a 13.5 CP average in 2018. Then Brisbane get him for nothing and are benefiting big time. Absolutely no different to the Brad Crouch situation right now, if you get the chance to upgrade your midfield for nothing (trade wise) you’d be mad not to take it.

Unless we get a ripping offer Billings stays.
My guess is the key to Billings is competition for his spot. Trade for talent that threatens him then we'll see.

I wouldn't trade Billings, he was good early in the year but faded but still suits us. He's not a star but a good player. Ross I think has run his race for us. I'd probably trade him before Billings and Carlisle is obviously out of favour. Ross is a sloppy kick and poor decision maker, both things don't suit Ratts style. We also have too many outside players and Ross really only suits that role. Perhaps North get Carlisle for Polec?

I was thinking the same thing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I imagine Jake wants to stay but wants a contract near his current one.
Saints are not going to give him 3 at 800k
They would have offered maybe 2 years at 500k
jake said no....now we see who blinks first
Nar.
That doesn't explain why he's not in the team.
If it was solely about money, they'd still be playing him to keep his value up and win games.

He was playing well enough to keep his spot after all.
Ratts is either teaching him a lesson, or pushing him out of the club.

It'll come out post season.

Have to admit I get pretty frustrated whenever I see Jarryd Lyons play. He was someone any team could have got for nothing but he was apparently too boring coming off a 13.5 CP average in 2018. Then Brisbane get him for nothing and are benefiting big time. Absolutely no different to the Brad Crouch situation right now, if you get the chance to upgrade your midfield for nothing (trade wise) you’d be mad not to take it.
As long as you don't over pay or over tenure.
He's not good enough for overs.

I agree with you but you have to be a bit careful mentioning Brad Crouch in here. He has a lot of haters it seems.

In my opinion, if as a club and supporter base we can’t see that a mid who was a big part in a Grand Final team just 3 years back is not going to improve a midfield like ours crying out for extractors, we are kidding ourselves.

That he doesn’t cost picks makes it an even bigger no-brainer for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you but you have to be a bit careful mentioning Brad Crouch in here. He has a lot of haters it seems.

In my opinion, if as a club and supporter base we can’t see that a mid who was a big part in a Grand Final team just 3 years back is not going to improve a midfield like ours crying out for extractors, we are kidding ourselves.

That he doesn’t cost picks makes it an even bigger no-brainer for me.

I was all for him until he did another soft tissue again this year- he's not even a ticking timebomb, he's one that went off years ago like our mate hanners.

He managed to string together 2 years uninjured, but outside of that it's been a trainwreck

A player and a pick do you mean?

Fair chance we'd be downgraded a player if that were the case which isn't what we should be looking to do if we are wanting to improve next year.
Downgrade a player? Billings output is not that high!

I think people are basing the outcome on potential that has never arisen.

I'd rather go money ball ala Jones and Butler and find someone without the hype who can play the role and perform it adequately if not better than billings

Then take a first rounder to the draft for a genuine mid.

Any chance Josh Kelly is in red white and black next year.
With Lenny moving on, one of his reasons to stay a few years back was to work with Lenny. I know we have been on the jelly bandwagon a few times but it seems we are a much more attractive prospect this year for him and he would def be a perfect addition to our midfield...
also not forgetting his old best mate will be captain of the club...with GWS cap issues I just see all planets aligining on this one, but do we want him on the $$$ and the years..?

Downgrade a player? Billings output is not that high!

I think people are basing the outcome on potential that has never arisen.

I'd rather go money ball ala Jones and Butler and find someone without the hype who can play the role and perform it adequately if not better than billings

Then take a first rounder to the draft for a genuine mid.
Yeah, for every money ball trade ala Jones and Butler there are a s**t load that end up being a Dean Kent at best.

That is why you give up late picks for them.

Swapping experienced players for draft picks just pushes our tilt back even further.

We have a first round pick We can use on a genuine mid, it also sounds like we are right into a couple of mids thar might end up being "money ball" types.

We don't have to trade Billings.

I was all for him until he did another soft tissue again this year- he's not even a ticking timebomb, he's one that went off years ago like our mate hanners.

He managed to string together 2 years uninjured, but outside of that it's been a trainwreck
I see your point and I for one was against us getting Hanners because of his issues.

There is a difference between them though I think and why I would support getting Crouch in compared to Hanners.

For a couple of years before we recruited him, not only had Hanners struggled to get on the park by, when he did, he’d lost a significant attribute that made him a special player. He had no acceleration away from the contest and when Hanners was at the top of his game, his spread from contests was absolutely elite. When that was gone, on top of getting repeat soft tissue issues, you knew you weren’t going to get a player at the top of his game even if he was fit.

Crouch seems a bit different. He picks up soft-tissue injuries far more than you’d want, but he seems the same player he was when he was at his best. The big difference is, the Crows are just bog ordinary now so no one has looked good for a couple of years in that team. He’s looked back to his old self the past couple of weeks when they’ve been competitive again.

I’d be really interested to see if our medical staff could try and improve Crouch’s situation as well. I don’t think it is like Hanners, when Richo said they had to “re-build” him... it’s not that bad or chronic. It may be something that we back ourselves in to improve.

I see your point and I for one was against us getting Hanners because of his issues.

There is a difference between them though I think and why I would support getting Crouch in compared to Hanners.

For a couple of years before we recruited him, not only had Hanners struggled to get on the park by, when he did, he’d lost a significant attribute that made him a special player. He had no acceleration away from the contest and when Hanners was at the top of his game, his spread from contests was absolutely elite. When that was gone, on top of getting repeat soft tissue issues, you knew you weren’t going to get a player at the top of his game even if he was fit.

Crouch seems a bit different. He picks up soft-tissue injuries far more than you’d want, but he seems the same player he was when he was at his best. The big difference is, the Crows are just bog ordinary now so no one has looked good for a couple of years in that team. He’s looked back to his old self the past couple of weeks when they’ve been competitive again.

I’d be really interested to see if our medical staff could try and improve Crouch’s situation as well. I don’t think it is like Hanners, when Richo said they had to “re-build” him... it’s not that bad or chronic. It may be something that we back ourselves in to improve.

I rarely refer to stats but in this case;

cd2edcbd1f27f2a04dbcdb3cb32d7455.jpg

Hanners missed 7 games in his last year in Sydney but was near bulletproof before that.

Crouch on other hand has played 100 games in 8 or 9 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back