Autopsy Rd 17 Blues lose to the bottom side after awful first half

Who played well in Round 17 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, let's remove the crystal ball

Right now, we are ahead of the Lions and Saints, who started their rebuild in 2013

2018, 5 and 4 wins and a draw respectively.

We have surpassed those wins

FACT

Lions made finals year 6, Saints didn't
If you want to compare us then you need to keep the metric constant. If the metric is finals, you can't claim we're ahead. If it's wins, then 16 next year is required to keep us level.

My timeline? I didn't set the timeline, clubs did, just stating the facts

Do you see it differently?
Some people post here to analyse the game, check stats, do fantasy drafts etc. Some post here because they like the entertainment that the game offers. Some ride the emotional wave of wins and losses.

None of these are wrong as much as it seems to baffle you when people disagree with you.

Personally the whole x amount of games to rebuild doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. I love when we win and hate when we lose. I celebrate the wins and get shitty about the losses. I’m allowed to vent and so are others.

My timeline? I didn't set the timeline, clubs did, just stating the facts

Do you see it differently?

Yes, I see it differently. We shouldn’t lose almost every game where there’s any expectation of victory. We’re consistently poor when confronted with these situations. Even the North and Sydney wins came with a modicum of luck.

Stop deflecting.

Didn't you say earlier you are a GWS fan? Or were posters taking the piss?

If you were actually a Carlton fan and then changed teams, there are words for people like that. I won't use them in polite company, but I will tell you to take a hike turncoat!
No. Not taking the piss. But it’s more a trial separation than a permanent split.
When the ones you love, constantly hurt you, there comes a time for some space.

FWIW. Listening to 3AW this afternoon they asked Tony Shaw and KB would they give Carlton’s season a pass mark

Both said they would give a pass. Big improvement from Harry, Weiters and Walsh and they both love TDK.

But said we should be aiming for Top 8 in 2021.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You have just quoted two of the most unsuccessful coaches in my recent memory. It has been a failure. We have not progressed sufficiently to give me confidence about the future.

Given the quality of our list, I am disappointed in our progress this year. Blame should be apportioned between our coaching team headed by Teague, football department and players. We have supporters talking premierships yet we are incapable of competing consistently with bottom tier sides. I can only hope the board conducts a robust review which leads to improvements on the field.

No. Not taking the piss. But it’s more a trial separation than a permanent split.
When the ones you love, constantly hurt you, there comes a time for some space.

That is akin to a Father running away from his children because it is too hard.

I have words to describe your ilk but I fear it may get me in trouble. Can someone tell me if I post what I think of this turncoat, is there a filter that will catch the words??

I guess there are many ways of looking at it but for mine, everything goes back to the head coach. He's the one who is covered in glory when a team is successful, conversely, the buck has to stop with him.

Everyone was jumping aboard the ridiculous Teague Train last year, demanding that he be appointed. I would have personally preferred we appointed an experienced coach, not a well past it coach who was at the end like Malthouse but somebody with a few years under their belt.

In saying that I am not advocating replacing him, I am just saying he's a rookie, he's learning on the job, this is what people wanted, they now need to show some patience. I would immediately surround him with some people with senior coaching experience, Lyon and Scott would make good assistants. I have faith that Teague could be ok but he does need some help.

A lot of people like to call out players as being soft, maybe it's the supporters who are soft, get back on that train you demanded a seat on and ride it out.
Your on fire today Gab, loving your work keep it up. 😁👍

That is akin to a Father running away from his children because it is too hard.

I have words to describe your ilk but I fear it may get me in trouble. Can someone tell me if I post what I think of this turncoat, is there a filter that will catch the words??
Go for it. I think if I’m ok with it, you won’t get it any trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is up with Eddie slipping over all the time?
Surely not an age thing - many players his age and older keep their feet far better than he does.
Is it as simple as the wrong boots?
Or is it just a sign his time has come?
As loved as Eddie is, it's time for him to hang up the boots.

LOB has enough tools to be a contributor in the mould of Phillips at Collingwood. Phillips is soft but has still made a career as an outside wingman.

Teague's usage of him is farcical. When Docherty went down, it was LOB who was forced to play back pocket. A lot of blame also has to go towards the strength/conditioning staff, who have failed to develop his body to an adequate level in 3 ******* pre-seasons.

I'm ******* livid.

Interesting post from Soapy beforehand, was surprised he was picked, didn't think he was ready particularly given he hadn't played a scratch match in 2 weeks...

Don’t worry about recruiting players. Our hit list should be...

1. Clarkson
2. David Parkin
3. Paul Roos
4. Voss
5. Ross Lyon
David Parkin turned 78 yesterday. Hopefully someone can drop him back to the village after match day duties.

You guys can “angry react” and dislike all you like.
I understand it’s an unpopular opinion, but the cattle is there. This a very good list. Not the finished product yet, but a really really good list.

Teague and his coaching team aren’t up to it. Carlton should’ve had 10-12 wins thus far. Teague train? Not for me.

Hopefully hawthorn continue their woes. Clarko decides to move on, Carlton take out the cheque book, and get a proper coach.

Oh seriously what is it with some people. He’s been in the job just on 1.5 years and you already have made a judgement call on his ability, despite the fact that he has significantly improved the clubs success year on year

Let me guess, you were one of the ones that probably advocated getting Malthouse. “We have a quality list but not the right coach”. My god, do people ever learn

LOB has enough tools to be a contributor in the mould of Phillips at Collingwood. Phillips is soft but has still made a career as an outside wingman.

Teague's usage of him is farcical. When Docherty went down, it was LOB who was forced to play back pocket. A lot of blame also has to go towards the strength/conditioning staff, who have failed to develop his body to an adequate level in 3 ******* pre-seasons.

I'm ******* livid.
or he's just not working hard enough? i'm sure russell has given him a pretty damn good program.

he doesn't need a top line high performance manager to tell him to keep body fat off.. he can take some responsibility.

Second half was better. But the fact we can concede 8 goals to 1 in a half of footy against one of the worst teams in the competition means that we are still nowhere near it.

Next week is huge for us. Do we do the Carlton thing and get smashed again or do we say enough is enough.
how will next week be huge for us if this week wasn't?

Bloke has the best match day brain in the business, sit him in the back of the box match day only and let him through Jaffas at the back of Teagues head.

Meth dealer, meth user, Bikie roommate, transexual prostitute in immigration detention girlfriend Bomber Thompson?

Last edited:
Back