Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
The last Sholl at senior level was his dad's* cousin Brad who retired in 2002.

*His dad is Brett Sholl. (30+ games for Carlton with the No. 9.)

Brett's cousins were Brad (North Melbourne and Geelong and wore No. 12 at Geelong) and Craig Sholl. (North Melbourne and No. 24 his best known number.)

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Not going to be popular but I'm not as sure about Lachlan Sholl being a long term answer unless he really puts in some serious time in the weights room, no doubt he has impeccable foot skills and reasonable composure for a youngster already but he is brushed off way too easily in the contest. Over to you Matt Haas you really need to get to work here.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He does need some size but it's easier to bulk up a footballer than it is to teach an athlete to play.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not going to be popular but I'm not as sure about Lachlan Sholl being a long term answer unless he really puts in some serious time in the weights room, no doubt he has impeccable foot skills and reasonable composure for a youngster already but he is brushed off way too easily in the contest. Over to you Matt Haas you really need to get to work here.
Hasn't stopped DMac playing 200 games. It should have, but it hasnt.

Poor Lachlan Sholls career was cut down in its infancy...

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
Oh boy this kids gonna be special. Imagine watching him running around on the MCG cutting teams up with his precision kicking. His decision making and disposal is already bordering elite, played just his 7th game today.

Natural left footer that is very very good on his right. I swear, there’s barely any left footers in the league that can do this, I haven’t seen that many left footers in the past that could do it either. Left footers (for some unbeknown reason) are normally just very dominant on their left and that’s about it. Has to be ambidextrous or has been drilled by his father from a very very young age to kick from his opposite foot constantly.

Having someone like this on a wing is priceless, he will be murdering teams on a rebound. Basically still in a kids body!

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh boy this kids gonna be special. Imagine watching him running around on the MCG cutting teams up with his precision kicking. His decision making and disposal is already bordering elite, played just his 7th game today.

Natural left footer that is very very good on his right. I swear, there’s barely any left footers in the league that can do this, I haven’t seen that many left footers in the past that could do it either. Left footers (for some unbeknown reason) are normally just very dominant on their left and that’s about it. Has to be ambidextrous or has been drilled by his father from a very very young age to kick from his opposite foot constantly.

Having someone like this on a wing is priceless, he will be murdering teams on a rebound. Basically still in a kids body!
He’s right footed

A fair bit to work on too, though hopefully when his body catches up to him, so does his defence, seeing he certainly has the right coach in Nicks to drill that into him. Once he gets that right, there is no telling how far this one can go. After all, he's torn a team apart during his 7th game.

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City

Reckon this call will be well wide of the mark in 5-6 years time.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reckon this call will be well wide of the mark in 5-6 years time.
I hope it is but there's still plenty of work needed on his contested ball/defensive play, hopefully he's capable of putting on size as that will go a long way into making him the complete player in that regard I feel.

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
I hope it is but there's still plenty of work needed on his contested ball/defensive play, hopefully he's capable of putting on size as that will go a long way into making him the complete player in that regard I feel.

He's just smashed a game open in his 7th game, I'd say he's going well.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He's just smashed a game open in his 7th game, I'd say he's going well.
Did I say he wasn't?

You think teams are going to let him run around like an unregistered dog and won't put plenty of work into him once they get to see more of him and what he's capable of with ball in hand?

Back