Prediction We will Play Finals

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When Essendon and Melbourne were due to play earlier in the year Essendon were red hot favourites and the Demons out of sorts.

their form has totally switched which hasn’t done us any favours

Simply put win next week guaranteed finals. Pick our best available team and have a decent crack.

Personally I think we are 3 players short of a genuine challenge, but this is a unique season so who knows

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
If Saint Kilda and Essendon both manage to win, we will be confirmed in, before our game is played. Should that happen, it could be a good opportunity to potentially rest some of the sore bodies. Could even try out Sweet?

wian

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NZ Breakers / New York Knicks
No way in hell Melbourne will lose to the bombers on current form. I'll go hee if that happens.

Gotta pray Port beat Collingwood . We need to avoid the eagles in Perth.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pies are bringing some solid players in. Would be amazing but beyond unlikely.

Sucks having to be in this position two years in a row. Shame we didn’t put the foot down against Geelong.
Doesn't really suck to be in this position 2 years in a row. The years when we were well out of contention by this stage sucked.

I know there is a lot of finals permutations to play out so really anything could happen, but my understanding of the various scenarios is that by the Dogs beating Freo, its almost a lock that you do not travel to Perth nor potential travel either on the basis of probability, meaning to win the flag you need to win 4 games straight in QLD.

That is very much doable. If you win in Week 1, a lot of heat and pressure will come on the top 4 to win their games. Dogs will have the freedom knowing that wont be on them, given their entry into the 8. Top 4 are vulnerable after Week 1, imo.

Good luck. :thumbsu:

I know there is a lot of finals permutations to play out so really anything could happen, but my understanding of the various scenarios is that by the Dogs beating Freo, its almost a lock that you do not travel to Perth nor potential travel either on the basis of probability, meaning to win the flag you need to win 4 games straight in QLD.

That is very much doable. If you win in Week 1, a lot of heat and pressure will come on the top 4 to win their games. Dogs will have the freedom knowing that wont be on them, given their entry into the 8. Top 4 are vulnerable after Week 1, imo.

For us to not play Eagles in Perth in 1st week of the finals, we need to win and also have Collingwood lose 1 of their last 2 games or St Kilda lose their last game.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies

Love the optimism but I don't think anyone is seriously thinking of the flag. Winning a final and losing one in a close contest would make me very happy.

Love the optimism but I don't think anyone is seriously thinking of the flag. Winning a final and losing one in a close contest would make me very happy.
In a season like no other the 2020 flag is very winnable for the top 5 teams.

Our best is also pretty good and if we were to produce it at the right time like 2016 then I think "we can win this year premership".

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In a season like no other the 2020 flag is very winnable for the top 5 teams.

Our best is also pretty good and if we were to produce it at the right time like 2016 then I think "we can win this year premership".

Maybe we should swap usernames. :) I just do not think our 17th to 22nd best are good enough and we need to strengthen a few areas. I think if we make it and win a final that would be a pass mark.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
Gate 7, Bay Q26, Row W, S1
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In response to the OT. To play finals (IIUC) ...

We win OR

Two of the following happens:
- Pies lose x2
- Saints beat Giants
- Bombers beat Deez

We should know our predicament regardless of other results before the match. No excuses really.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Had a look at the scores we're conceding in each quarter, up to and including Round 16. For context, 1st place indicates higher scores conceded (bad), while 18th indicates low scores conceded (good).

Points conceded in 3rd quarter - 14th
Points conceded in 3rd quarter as % of overall score - 18th

Points conceded in 4th quarter - 3rd
Points conceded in 4th quarter as % of overall score - 1st

This varies wildly from 2019, where our 1st quarters were easily our worst (1st for points conceded in first quarter, and 3rd as % of overall score). What exactly has changed since then? I would normally expect that, as a team gets older and more experienced, they stop allowing teams to run over them as the game closes out, given that usually this can be attributed to the lack of fitness in younger players.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Suns 6 points down at half time after leading by 6 points at quarter time. Watched second quarter pies at most of the play and look to have the game on their terms. At least the suns are in the game on the scoreboard hoping for an upset for possible insurance for our game against the dockers.

So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Essendon to beat Dees (I'm about to throw up)
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Essendon to beat Dees (I'm about to throw up)
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Why saints to beat Gws?

Saints lose they end up 8 th and go to Perth?

Or am I missing something

Prefer at least one of Pies and Saints don’t care who just want us to avoid Perth for elimination

Why saints to beat Gws?

Saints lose they end up 8 th and go to Perth?

Or am I missing something

Prefer at least one of Pies and Saints don’t care who just want us to avoid Perth for elimination

If Saints win, and Essendon win, we can lose and still make the 8.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen....
Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 9.49.54 PM.png

Back