List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why we didn’t have the foresight that he would only track up this year is beyond me. Yet it seems to be a common theme with overlooking good WAFL players and picking the Tony Galati’s
Sorry to intrude but west coast did have a bit of foresight as they were tracking his progress and had apparently considered relisting him. From what I got told he wasn’t able to meet certain KPI last year. I was also told at the time that west coast had eyes on several Claremont league players including jye bolton, however there was apparently something about Jye that really put off the recruiters?(I don’t know what it could possibly be as he is a gun)

my sources are a pair of old timers at Claremont with proven ties to club management

Wasn't Alec touted as the best contested mid in his draft year? Would be good if he can build his tank and offer us another midfield option. Someone like him would be a genuine luxury. It allows to let Kelly/Yeo rest forward or looking into the future play an aging Shuey at HFF.

Monocle tell us about Shane McAdam. How did he end from Claremont to sturt and then to Adelaide?

Terrific talent and like his uncle Gilbert McAdam ( 3 games 5 goals ) his stay at Claremont was way too brief.
Shane played 11 games for 19 goals with Claremont.

Shane is from Halls Creek and he didn't find settling in Perth easy.

Like his uncle he headed back North and eventually ( after a few seasons ) he found his way to Adelaide.

I actually had West Coast taking him in the Big Footy 2015 mock draft.

The undeniable talent was there, but like a lot of kids from that region the culture change is a shock when moving to the big smoke for the first time.
During the years between 2016 and 2018 he was back in Halls Creek 2016 and then headed to Adelaide.

When he was drafted in 2018 I was rapt for him.

The kids an excitement machine.

His uncle Gilbert played a few games for St Kilda ( 53 games 48 goals ) before being traded to Brisbane ( 58 games 41 goals ) where he was a very handy player.

Thats why Shane was a Brisbane supporter.

Sadly he is one that got away

Terrific talent and like his uncle Gilbert McAdam ( 3 games 5 goals ) his stay at Claremont was way too brief.
Shane played 11 games for 19 goals with Claremont.

Shane is from Halls Creek and he didn't find settling in Perth easy.

Like his uncle he headed back North and eventually ( after a few seasons ) he found his way to Adelaide.

I actually had West Coast taking him in the Big Footy 2015 mock draft.

The undeniable talent was there, but like a lot of kids from that region the culture change is a shock when moving to the big smoke for the first time.
During the years between 2016 and 2018 he was back in Halls Creek 2016 and then headed to Adelaide.

When he was drafted in 2018 I was rapt for him.

The kids an excitement machine.

His uncle Gilbert played a few games for St Kilda ( 53 games 48 goals ) before being traded to Brisbane ( 58 games 41 goals ) where he was a very handy player.

Thats why Shane was a Brisbane supporter.

Sadly he is one that got away
Yeah one that got away. Someone like him atm would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Alec touted as the best contested mid in his draft year? Would be good if he can build his tank and offer us another midfield option. Someone like him would be a genuine luxury. It allows to let Kelly/Yeo rest forward or looking into the future play an aging Shuey at HFF.
Ainsworth was apparently also touted as the best contested mid in his draft

James Rowe from Woodville-West Torrens

If someone takes Alec Waterman before we can get him, do we take a look at Rowe?

I don't mind Rowe he is a player that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

If we 🤞 delist Reid then I would't mind picking him up with our last pick.

Hopefully we spend our first two picks on midfielders.

Jesse Turner mature age midfielder (SD) dynamite kick of the ball at 23 years of age probably no chance , could be okay given a rookie chance .

I actually think that there are a few players in the WAFL Colts that haven't got much love on the D&T boards that might get picked up late by the two WA Clubs.

This years draft will one that in a few years time will throw up some WTF happened there moments, with some players going so early and others going much latter.

The recruiters are in uncharted territory this year and those who don't play it super conservatively, may snag some absolute gems.

That won't be us as we are a very conservative mob, when it comes to our drafting.

Shuey needs to be spending more time forward pretty much next year.

Those hamstring setbacks are becoming more regular.

Now that he has been on a list and delisted he could be picked up as a train on player and picked up during the SPP in February/March.

So is alec waterman still hampered by his illness and being played up forward because hes not fit,or is he being played there because of Claremonts midfield depth?
I wouldnt think he's a forward at afl level and worry hes not fit or athletic enough

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I actually think that there are a few players in the WAFL Colts that haven't got much love on the D&T boards that might get picked up late by the two WA Clubs.

This years draft will one that in a few years time will throw up some WTF happened there moments, with some players going so early and others going much latter.

The recruiters are in uncharted territory this year and those who don't play it super conservatively, may snag some absolute gems.

That won't be us as we are a very conservative mob, when it comes to our drafting.

Conservative like Lamb, Weedon & Venables or conservative like Naitanui, Rioli & Newman?
Just asking thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back