Toast Dogs beat Hawks : 76 - 40

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried for Toby when he comes back. His agility is a big strength of his. Hope he takes extra time coz the way he twists and turns is gonna be a risk.

Like Lipinski on the other wing to Hunter, playing Roarke's role. Feel that way we can get a few more chains of posessions together with his superior foot skills.

A 6 goal.win in shortened quarters 1 player down from early in the first.

Not sure how much more to expect in a professional even league but I will take this.happily.

One more.win to go. I agree with MD in the game day thread, relying on other teams is a weakness, win next week and focus on the finals

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good win today. We've dropped too many games like that in past years.

A real shame about Toby's injury. We will miss him, and his versatility.

Bont hitting his straps was great to see. The midfield are really playing well as a unit.
Caleb Daniel and Mitch Wallis didn't do any harm to their cases for AA selection either.

Pleased to see Ed Richards put in a better 4 quarter performance and enjoyed Libba getting some overdue kudos from the commentators.

The whole fox footy coverage jammed down our throats how the hawks were a bunch of kids today. Someone please find out the age and games player averages. Horrible coverage.
Yeah heard clarko say that in the presser, with the players of experience they had, he had no right to mention that.

I don't follow these things very closely but is Caleb Daniel being mentioned as a possible AA when it comes to the naming of the team?

Watching his surveil his surroundings in an instant as he sums up the best option is just a sight to behold.
I have no doubt in my mind he is actually the smartest football playing mind in the league.

Gardner is a good player by the way he defiantly started badly but I put it down to this round 1 he was playing a position he hadn't played at AFL level before and had only played 2 games before that point as a forward and he got completely smashed in a team smashing that we all didn't expect to happen he wasn't the only poor performer but he was very singled out so it would of stayed on his mind come lockdown he was probably low on confidence due to it then with round 2 and the same unexpected smashing happening and him being poor again it would of f’ed his confidence completely, reckon his confidence was still a bit shot when he played against Brisbane but their was brief little signs. Then we won a game and it's seemed to start to turn around for him he looks like he's gained a sh*t ton of confidence the last 3-4 weeks and his disposal and efforts are way better, he fights for every contest even when he seems out of it and does little things that seem to go unnoticed like backing Keath in a duel or getting touches around the ground ball that really help us transition the ball back out if defence.
you are in desperate need of some full stops and commas!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looked as if Gunston was his direct opponent.

I guess with our attacking style, we have to wear opposition forwards kicking a bag
The way we press our defenders are going to get out sometimes. It's a matter of getting the balance right between too attacking and player conscious. Our defenders don't really have direct opponents, who ever is in the area has to go. Can look really bad when Daniels gets caught out with a mismatch, but we are prepared to roll the dice!

Hi Mate !
i am probably a little harsh , especially after a good win. But he just dosnt pass my eye test.
When I’m proven wrong , I expect you all to come after me.
want desperately to be wrong , we need a tall athletic defender.
In all honesty early doors I thought he was a spud. He is showing some signs that there is something there to work with. Needs more experience to have the confidence to intercept regularly and not just go the defensive fist.
Fingers crossed we may have found an athletic Tall defender!!

Where did Bont’s aerial game come from? A nice addition to his skill set. Having another guy who can take a contested grab around the ground is invaluable
He's always been pretty good at contested marking as far as I recall.

Thank goodness we didn't give over pick 6 for Chad Wingard. The footy gods looked after us and protected us against making a terrible mistake. Bailey Smith is already a significantly better player than Wingard, whose best is already behind him it seems.

Bullet dodged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back