List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd rather just cut our losses and get rid of McGovern. Not a serious footballer.

Yep. I don’t even care if he goes somewhere else and producers the best football of his career. I would rather that than seeing more of the same out of him for Carlton in 2021.

If yesterday’s post match scenes aren’t enough for Teague Lloyd and Austin to realise it’s time to be ruthless and move fully into the next era, then Carlton is destined for more mediocrity.

Dow, O'Brien, Stocker, Marchbank are trade bait

Probably all second rounders, but could compensate in a package for a Papley or Williams along with a first rounder

Stocker won’t be going anywhere. He’s contracted until 2022 and would have played this year if not for leaving the hub for personal reasons. I would hate to be hasty in wanting to use him as trade bait after only 6 games of senior football. We don’t know what we’ve even got with Liam. I would be looking to keep Marchbank too. Only 23 and can be anything in our back 6. Simpson won’t be around forever.

Sadly, I am inclined to agree where Dow and LOB are concerned.

Stocker won’t be going anywhere. He’s contracted until 2022 and would have played this year if not for leaving the hub for personal reasons. I would hate to be hasty in wanting to use him as trade bait after only 6 games of senior football. We don’t know what we’ve even got with Liam. I would be looking to keep Marchbank too. Only 23 and can be anything in our back 6. Simpson won’t be around forever.

Sadly, I am inclined to agree where Dow and LOB are concerned.
Agree. Stocker is actually what we need but are to scared? To pick him.
He is an in & under player, with aggression, kicks off both feet.
Just play the damn kid. How can he makes us worse!

Barker and Liddle went to school together in the same year level, Let me also say I have no idea if Barker is a good, bad or average coach I think you have to be inside the club to know that, what I do know is the reason given for SOS getting the flick was a conflict of intrest with his sons on the list I was just commenting on another poster wanting to see Barker gone.

Two guys going to school together is not a conflict of interest. Are they best mates? Wasn't Barker here before Liddle? Drawing a long bow to suit a narrative. I am as pro-SOS as they come and having met Liddle, I think he is a bit of a tosser. But let's keep the criticism to real things.

Jones
E. Curnow

Casboult
Gibbons

I finally understand what this Arrow fellow means by melts. Congrats - that is the dumbest post I have read in this thread.

Jones is a great KPD and every single club in the comp would take him.

Ed is not a world beater but would make the starting 22 in at least 12 of 18 teams.

Gibbo is building and was great on Sunday. Needs to be played as a mid.

Two guys going to school together is not a conflict of interest. Are they best mates? Wasn't Barker here before Liddle? Drawing a long bow to suit a narrative. I am as pro-SOS as they come and having met Liddle, I think he is a bit of a tosser. But let's keep the criticism to real things.

I finally understand what this Arrow fellow means by melts. Congrats - that is the dumbest post I have read in this thread.

Jones is a great KPD and every single club in the comp would take him.

Ed is not a world beater but would make the starting 22 in at least 12 of 18 teams.

Gibbo is building and was great on Sunday. Needs to be played as a mid.
DJholmes is consistent in his stupid comments, so take no notice

I said at the start that a cleanout is coming and I stand by that. Loads out of contract and a new coach and list manager will want to shape the list as they see it.

Thing is it is going to come down to just how many players we can get in that we want.

Cap space should not be an issue for us, we can just keep trimming the list to open more up.

As far as I see it we've built a good list but young midfielders are what's lacking. Our draftees haven't come on as liked.

Possibly look to trade:

Dow - High draft pick, has talent but just not seeing it. Lack of competitiveness, weak pressure efforts and kicking is a concerne. Could come good or could just fade away as a miss.

O'Brien - Talented player but looks too much of a pure outside player which is not what the modern game facilitates anymore.

Kennedy - Has some ability but he's just an average player and he's too slow to fit into a team containing a Cripps, Setterfield and Curnow who are already on the too slow category. But he can play a bit.

Marchbank - Potentially a great player and if fit is best 22 but always injured.

Cuningham - Talented player but if someone good wants to come someone decent may have to go out.

McGovern - Has all the ability in the world but doesn't deliver. Perhaps in another team who uses him he would be good.

There are others but it depends who wants to come and who clubs want.

Possibly retired:

Simpson - Still playing great footy but we have backmen to come in and his age is fairly great.

Betts - Pressure acts and efforts are good but he doesn't kick goals and fumbles a lot these days, I think he's finished and needs to step aside for a young player to develop.

Casboult - He's not looking great and is in the way of some younger men but he would offer good backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players with less than 10 disposals yesterday (excluding Doc)

Betts: 0.2 could go on since there's no small fwd on the list pushing him
McKay: 4.1
McGovern: non existent for a half
Fisher: 8 touches & 0 tackles. At 22 he is surely up for trade
O'Brien: 7 touches, 2 tackles & 1 nice goal. First game back needs another year. Lack of wings in scratch matches really hurt his year. Would give 1 more year. Walsh on one wing, LOB on the other is still a small chance of coming off.

We don't have much trade value. I'd hate to say it but we'd get massive unders on Dow but would still cut our losses if it meant a pick in the 20s which we could trade for a 23+ year old. We need more mids who even on an off day are getting 15+ touches at a minimum, not under 10.

Players with less than 10 disposals yesterday (excluding Doc)

Betts: 0.2 could go on since there's no small fwd on the list pushing him
McKay: 4.1
McGovern: non existent for a half
Fisher: 8 touches & 0 tackles. At 22 he is surely up for trade
O'Brien: 7 touches, 2 tackles & 1 nice goal. First game back needs another year. Lack of wings in scratch matches really hurt his year. Would give 1 more year. Walsh on one wing, LOB on the other is still a small chance of coming off.

We don't have much trade value. I'd hate to say it but we'd get massive unders on Dow but would still cut our losses if it meant a pick in the 20s which we could trade for a 23+ year old. We need more mids who even on an off day are getting 15+ touches at a minimum, not under 10.
Fisher🤦🏽‍♂️ Trade what? I’ve heard it all

I said at the start that a cleanout is coming and I stand by that. Loads out of contract and a new coach and list manager will want to shape the list as they see it.

Thing is it is going to come down to just how many players we can get in that we want.

Cap space should not be an issue for us, we can just keep trimming the list to open more up.

As far as I see it we've built a good list but young midfielders are what's lacking. Our draftees haven't come on as liked.

Possibly look to trade:

Dow - High draft pick, has talent but just not seeing it. Lack of competitiveness, weak pressure efforts and kicking is a concerne. Could come good or could just fade away as a miss.

O'Brien - Talented player but looks too much of a pure outside player which is not what the modern game facilitates anymore.

Kennedy - Has some ability but he's just an average player and he's too slow to fit into a team containing a Cripps, Setterfield and Curnow who are already on the too slow category. But he can play a bit.

Marchbank - Potentially a great player and if fit is best 22 but always injured.

Cuningham - Talented player but if someone good wants to come someone decent may have to go out.

McGovern - Has all the ability in the world but doesn't deliver. Perhaps in another team who uses him he would be good.

There are others but it depends who wants to come and who clubs want.

Possibly retired:

Simpson - Still playing great footy but we have backmen to come in and his age is fairly great.

Betts - Pressure acts and efforts are good but he doesn't kick goals and fumbles a lot these days, I think he's finished and needs to step aside for a young player to develop.

Casboult - He's not looking great and is in the way of some younger men but he would offer good backup.

I can see Cas considering offers from a long term security perspective. A fit Charlie in, and Gov getting games, is likely to see him out of the 22, particularly if the MC goes with Pitto and TDK as a ruck duo.

Betts isn’t hitting the scoreboard but is up there with goal assists. Still top 2/3 for goals scored. Is judged by his career. Until someone of equal or better value comes along, I can see him continuing to get games.

Gov wouldn’t fetch up in a trade imo. If performance alone is a guide, he’s worth a 3rd rounder. Charlie back next year is his final chance; otherwise switch him to defence

Marchy is the most important you’ve named that imo we must retain. Cunners needs to play in the right position so we can extract the best out of him.

Kennedy won’t fetch up. Dow and LOB may well look around if they fell they’re not getting opportunities. Neither have set the world on fire. If they stick around, an uninterrupted COVID free season next year and in their 4th year will show us where exactly they sit for our future.

The media are having a field day with the CFC today.
Blew our chances at finals yesterday and now "Blues miss out on Papley AGAIN.
You reap what you sow,i guess.

The midfield is a huge concern. Mids, playmaker defenders and the new fashionable mid-fwd that I have who have played for us this season are as follows; Cotterill, Dow, Cunners, Newnes, SPS* (should be more mid), Gibbons, Kennedy, Doc, Martin, Setterfield, Fisher, Murphy, Walsh, Cripps, Curnow.

The bare minimum should be to get 15 touches a game. That group of 15 has played 177 games as a group (pre R17). Individually they've failed a combined 78 times to hit that mark, or 44% of games. 10 out of 15 players stink it up once every 3 games. Sure there's the odd injury in there but it's simply not good enough.

Compare that to Brisbane where only 5 out of 11 don't hit those numbers every 3 weeks. The other 6 running through those positions get the job done every week.

If we had to compare Zac Fisher to players from other lists who would we think of in terms of current role & also ideal role?

That under 180cm mid-fwd like a Gresham, Devon Smith or Shai Bolton perhaps? Now look at his output compared to theirs in season 4.

Fisher - 13.4 touches a game regressing for a 2nd consecutive year
Gresham - breakout year 20+ touches a game
Smith - down from his breakout year but still 19.1
Shai Bolton - breakout year 16.1

Interestingly all average 0.8 goals a game in their 4th year. Tackles per game 4.9, 3.0, 2.9 & 2.5 (Smith, Gresham, Bolton & Fisher in last place again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back