Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
And their own players.
Not death threats but they are worse than us.
Stanton copped a barrage.
Fancy having a crack at one of them nicest guys in the comp in walla for trying to do the team thing.
I’ll never forget driving home from the footy listening to SEN back when Finey’s final siren was on always got some hilarious calls.
Essendon fan called in about Brent Stanton was immediately cut off and abused by Finey after his single sentence- “Brent Stanton is a r****d”
Unlike the Richmond supporter who microwaved his membership who was a Melbourne supporter from BF, this was actually real.

Last edited:

FFS. Now Kane Cornes has gone fully nuclear and wants Dylan Grimes named (and presumably shamed) by the AFL as a "serial stager" and therefore not be awarded ANY free kicks !!!

Things are now fully out of control:

Kano now in full panic mode on behalf of Port ? Geez they are SO DESPERATE to win this year in their150th. Imagine the melts if they go out in straight sets ! Oops.
This decade, Carlton and North won elimination finals against Richmond.

Carlton and North are now basket cases.

Adelaide and GWS played grand finals against Richmond. Both are now comparative basket cases.

Collingwood won a preliminary final against Richmond. Watch this salary-cap space. Basket-weaving is under way.

Who is next? Port will do. Port won an elimination final against Richmond. Their curse is overdue.

This decade, Carlton and North won elimination finals against Richmond.

Carlton and North are now basket cases.

Adelaide and GWS played grand finals against Richmond. Both are now comparative basket cases.

Collingwood won a preliminary final against Richmond. Watch this salary-cap space. Basket-weaving is under way.

Who is next? Port will do. Port won an elimination final against Richmond. Their curse is overdue.

inside knowledge or just an assumption?

Cant wait for this game plan in finals time, chip and mark in the backline for three quarters!

Even I can grasp that chipping the ball around in your backline against a team that scores heavily from turn-overs through pressure isn't the brightest option.

Yeah, sure, that's not Geelong's game plan as such -- there's no way Scott wants them chipping it around in the backline any more than they have to.

But Geelong were forced into it as a direct consequence of Richmond's ability to set up defensively (again, even I can get this).

Bottom line: a game plan that involves slow buildups with precise field kicking will probably split open a team which doesn't bring the pressure and doesn't set up well defensively.

I don't know what teams this might be, but it isn't Richmond.

Even I can grasp that chipping the ball around in your backline against a team that scores heavily from turn-overs through pressure isn't the brightest option.

Yeah, sure, that's not Geelong's game plan as such -- there's no way Scott wants them chipping it around in the backline any more than they have to.

But Geelong were forced into it as a direct consequence of Richmond's ability to set up defensively (again, even I can get this).

Bottom line: a game plan that involves slow buildups with precise field kicking will probably split open a team which doesn't bring the pressure and doesn't set up well defensively.

I don't know what teams this might be, but it isn't Richmond.

the holding possession has been the most effective strategy against us over last 2 seasons. Geelong in first half of PF last year best example, but a lot of those tight wins end of 2018 as well.

But we also know it’s coming now, and cats/WCE game last month have shown we’ve developed two counters for it. Pressure and shutting down the 45 short kicks.

Good luck keeping it going for 4 quarters against us. Reality is finals are scrappy slug fests, never perfect possession footy.

Jon Anderson last week on Herald Sun Podcast:
  • Richmond had no real injury concerns in 2019
  • Rhys Stanley is the best ruckman in the AFL
  • He had a dream that Geelong beat Richmond by 38 points, we finish fifth on ladder, play Collingwood in Elimination Final and Mason Cox takes 11 marks and kicks three goals to tip us out.
  • Dalhaus and Close bring the same sort of forward pressure as Richmond's forwards.
I used to think he was fair dinkum , but he is petrified of us winning another flag as we will match then of recent times.

Serioulsy someone must call this fool out. I love MICK Warner but I wish he'd just say to Anderson" Mate , you're an irrelevant old fkr who has no idea. Go drunk drive into a pizza joint again."

Tigers , making ISO bearable.

inside knowledge or just an assumption?
Cox signed a three-year deal with the potential for a fourth year on the same money - about $550,000 annually - if he played a certain number of games. That trigger has been reached and may well see Mihocek leave for better money elsewhere.

I'd say that was a direct result of Richmond losing that final.

I'm not saying that Mihocek is great. But he has been cheap and at a club where future salary cap issues are widely envisaged, it wouldn't be a loss easily covered.

Cox signed a three-year deal with the potential for a fourth year on the same money - about $550,000 annually - if he played a certain number of games. That trigger has been reached and may well see Mihocek leave for better money elsewhere.

I'd say that was a direct result of Richmond losing that final.
Seriously. He got a contract like that based on one good game in whole career? lol if true.

Seriously. He got a contract like that based on one good game in whole career? lol if true.
Richmond refused to match Gold Coast's bid of the same amount for
Brandon Ellis.

A club has over half a million to spend. Does it get a dual premiership midfielder and player of 111 consecutive games, for example, or a preliminary final tall forward of one good game? It's a tough choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise pulling the pants down on 2 'contenders' was detrimental to the game...................feel guilty
Yeah, guess we should reduce our on-field player numbers and have no interchange...to make it fair for the opposition...for the ‘look of the game’ lol. Seems like we are the problem, but it’s not as if we tag players like GWS & Freo do. How long before the AFL brings in rules to penalise us for ‘exerting too much pressure’ or ‘executing a chaotic style of play’?

SALT UPDATE:

hahahah omg sorry for the spam guys but fu** i got some salt catching up to do and sh*t almost had a sodium overdoes witnessing the egurls oppo thread lolol

- some no life egirls fan making some excel spread sheet on which teams had the most days rest to show richmond always has unfair advantage over clubs waaa :(, what next we get an unfair advantage because our song is the best in the league?

- some poor eirls fan trying to cheer himself up saying that even if we win 3 flags in 4 years we will be "forgotten" anyway LOL

- wet toast get 5 games in 19 days = richmond's b gale somehow made the fixture himself

- wet toast fan wants clubs to quarantine for 2 week like prisoners so he can see his team win a final bc he knows the only chance they have is at wa
and believes its unreasonable that afl wont accept this generous 2 week quarantine request from WA premier mark mccoward

View attachment 960877
View attachment 960878
View attachment 960879
View attachment 960880
There's a massive contradiction there as well, they downplay our flags becauses the GF's were "boring" & we beat I/S sides. Yet they Laud Hawthorn but i don't recall any of thier GF's being fantastic to watch, they, like ours were a top side putting thier opposition away because they were much better. As for who they beat, well it was 3 I/S sides....

Last edited:
Yeah, guess we should reduce our on-field player numbers and have no interchange...to make it fair for the opposition...for the ‘look of the game’ lol. Seems like we are the problem, but it’s not as if we tag players like GWS & Freo do. How long before the AFL brings in rules to penalise us for ‘exerting too much pressure’ or ‘executing a chaotic style of play’?
Fox Footy pre game were lauding the Cats for thier pressure game, then we smash them in that area & all the sudden it's ruining the game....

There's a massive contradiction there as well, they downplay our flags becauses the GF's were "boring" & we beat I/S sides. Yet they Laud Hawthorn but i don't recall any of thier flags being fantastic to watch, they, like ours were a top side putting thier opposition away because they were much better. As for who they beat, well it was 3 I/S sides....
hahaha exactly, its cooked af, its legit hilarious they can find the most left field ways to downplay our flags hahah, at the end of the day its a flag. obviously we know what theyll say if we win this year, itll be ASTRIX FLAG LOLOL (even though theyll gloat to s**t if they won it). if we win three in a row itd be "worst ever three peat ever" which is basically saying you ****ed jen hawkins compared to miranda kerr. both still hot and both still wanted

hahaha exactly, its cooked af, its legit hilarious they can find the most left field ways to downplay our flags hahah, at the end of the day its a flag. obviously we know what theyll say if we win this year, itll be ASTRIX FLAG LOLOL (even though theyll gloat to sh*t if they won it). if we win three in a row itd be "worst ever three peat ever" which is basically saying you f’ed jen hawkins compared to miranda kerr. both still hot and both still wanted
I am expecting that & we all know it's coming, i'll be reminding them how invested they all were while they thought thier Club was a chance to win it.

Fox Footy pre game were lauding the Cats for thier pressure game, then we smash them in that area & all the sudden it's ruining the game....
At least by the time it got to AFL360’s turn to review the game robbo and Gerald both just looked at each each other in shock and awe!! What did we just witness that night? Both couldn’t believe how good we were at shutting down Geelong

it was so satisfying! ☺

Jon Anderson last week on Herald Sun Podcast:
  • Richmond had no real injury concerns in 2019
  • Rhys Stanley is the best ruckman in the AFL
  • He had a dream that Geelong beat Richmond by 38 points, we finish fifth on ladder, play Collingwood in Elimination Final and Mason Cox takes 11 marks and kicks three goals to tip us out.
  • Dalhaus and Close bring the same sort of forward pressure as Richmond's forwards.
I used to think he was fair dinkum , but he is petrified of us winning another flag as we will match then of recent times.

Serioulsy someone must call this fool out. I love MICK Warner but I wish he'd just say to Anderson" Mate , you're an irrelevant old fkr who has no idea. Go drunk drive into a pizza joint again."

Tigers , making ISO bearable.
Jon Anderson has been a 14-year-old boy for 50 years.

LOOOL can see it now on whankleys show
"the state of the game has been a big topic of discussion and richmond has been the ultimate culprit of this poor defensive style. THerefore me and SHocking have came up with a rule that you must only have 10 tackles maximum inside your forward 50 for the whole game, and there is only allowed to be one player within 1m of the opposition player when he has possesison of the ball, this should open the game up and help geelol win".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back