Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree
Need something in CC to go with
Russian CP
Moth MC

CC looks dire. Just wait and see which internationals line up on the day. I can’t have MOW. Hawkes couldn’t train a cup winner down a well

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
CC looks dire. Just wait and see which internationals line up on the day. I can’t have MOW. Hawkes couldn’t train a cup winner down a well

Aiden could lob any of his 7 or 8 in there and trot it in if he wanted to but it's slim pickings outside of that even for the internationals.

LDDV at the top of the market says it all

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd just sit back and see how it goes. 9 times out of 10 books are slow to react on international races so may as well hold out til you have more info

I'd just sit back and see how it goes. 9 times out of 10 books are slow to react on international races so may as well hold out til you have more info

Especially in this case where if he wins he is going Arc anyway. In any case the French form has been shite for ages so I'll be staying out.

Looks a MUCH better prospect in what is looking a dog s**t CC - would be close to top seed if he went there - plenty better prospects for Flemington

If you are hoping he shortens from that MC price you may as well just back him to win tonight and then you can throw the winnings on him for Flemington later on if you want

Expecting PG will be on the one flight out here.

You couldn't touch it with a barge pole off that run.

As I've been saying for a few years - the French staying form is absolutely hot garbage. No surprise to see Ireland clean up.

Going around tonight we have

SKYWARD and ANTHONY VAN DYCK in the Prix Foy - https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-09-13/766821

PORT GUILLAUME and ENGLISH KING in the Grand Prix de Paris - https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-09-13/766757/

SOVEREIGN and TWILIGHT PAYMENT in the Irish St Leger - https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/178/curragh/2020-09-13/762025/

Main take away from last night was PG finishing dead last and you would have to be mad to be touching it at current quotes off that.

AVD won a very muddling won race with 3 lengths from first to last but won't come. Twilight Payment solid in the Irish St Leger.

PARIS POWER RANKINGS - THE HOLY TRINITY

1 - SURPRISE BABY (Last week #1, Betfair $10.50) - holds on for top spot for now as this is his sole target and he looks cherry ripe but has a couple of solid contenders breathing down his neck

2 - TIGER MOTH (LW #7, $28) - always looked the best profile of the NH 3yos but hard heard nothing about him coming. Dominant win on the weekend should get him a penalty to get into the field and he is absolutely thrown in at the weights. Top pick once he lands
3 - RUSSIAN CAMELOT (LW #9, $10.50) - I was always a doubter but now I am converted. Could be the next So You Think. Third of the big 3 only because it sounds like Cox Plate is the ultimate aim, and MD form might be dodgy given the D-graders that ran 1st and 3rd
4 - SIR DRAGONET (LW #3, $42) - not sure he will run again until Caulfield Cup so not much movement here
5 - VERRY ELLEEGANT (LW #4, 22) - Still think she has too much weight and might come here via CC and CP while others target this more specifically
6 - FINCHE (LW #5, $32) - The more good horses enter the further he will drop down the rankings given the complete nonny he is.
7 - PRINCE OF ARRAN (LW #6, $44) - See Finche - will run well without threatening the winner
8 - DASHING WILLOUGHBY (LW #8, $32) - Remains the standard English plodder that is generally not good enough
9 - NICKAJACK CAVE (LW 10, $32) - Like an Irish Dashing Willoughby - the kind of profile/plodder that generally doesn't win but remains firm on Betfair
10 - TWILIGHT PAYMENT (LW u/r, $55) - Struggling to fill out the lower rungs - not good enough to win but in excellent form.

I have the top 3 absolutely panels clear.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't expect you to get sucked so deeply into the camel. Had no cover in the Diva sure but that's not as big a deal at Flemo and there wasn't that much pace on. Was a piss weak race and he was wound up ready to go

Plus Gatting knocked down everything behind him

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Is a garbage bet. Cup will be an afterthought. He is a stallion so they want WFA wins hence why he is so wound up early in his prep to hopefully snag a lead up G1 in case he fails in the cox plate

Didn't expect you to get sucked so deeply into the camel. Had no cover in the Diva sure but that's not as big a deal at Flemo and there wasn't that much pace on. Was a piss weak race and he was wound up ready to go

Plus Gatting knocked down everything behind him

Ok Danny

Mate - you like a horse that couldn't run down Harbour Views and a 100 year old Humidor under the exact same conditions - loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

RC is not an antepost proposition anyway so you can just sit back and wait to see if he goes no good before he gets there. I like you were a doubter but his last 3 runs were absolutely massive - I don't know how you can't have him well up there on any rankings system until he fails.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok Darren.

Mate - you like a horse that couldn't run down Harbour Views and a 100 year old Humidor under the exact same conditions - loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

The Baby was just having a gallop, everything aimed at the Cup for him. Trainer doesn't give a s**t about anything else

Unlike old Danny O who said this week the horse was ready to go and we will see the real him first up. Plus the fact he is being aimed at the Cox Plate and picking up them WFA wins for da breederz

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
RC is not an antepost proposition anyway so you can just sit back and wait to see if he goes no good before he gets there. I like you were a doubter but his last 3 runs were absolutely massive - I don't know how you can't have him well up there on any rankings system until he fails.

BM64s at Pakenham and SA Derbies count for nothing when it comes to this stuff and his only other run since was a loss in a piss weak diva #noexcuses

The Baby was just having a gallop, everything aimed at the Cup for him. Trainer doesn't give a sh*t about anything else

Sure it was ;)

this is just talking head stuff that is completely meaningless and I give zero weight too. If i listened to this kind of rubbish I'd have Oz Bloodstock horses 1,2,3,4,5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back