Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM64s at Pakenham and SA Derbies count for nothing when it comes to this stuff and his only other run since was a loss in a piss weak diva #noexcuses

Looks outstanding when compared to a horse whose only win in 12 months is a 1.5l victory over Supernova - YAY! :$

Sure it was ;)

this is just talking head stuff that is completely meaningless and I give zero weight too. If i listened to this kind of rubbish I'd have Oz Bloodstock horses 1,2,3,4,5

When one trainer says everything is being aimed to peak at Flemo and the other is saying he is ready to run first up over a mile and is being set for a 2000m race I know which I'd expect more from early

Hard to argue against a bloke potting his #1 seed

That's the point though - they are both already well found so no one should be backing them antepost anyway - so lets just sit back and see how it plays out. I think it's a stretch to say that the Cossack's price isn't justified based on what we have seen at his last 3 runs though and he is deserving of his place at the top of the market. If you don't have him in your top 3 right now you are wrong.

ASHRUN is 4th fave at the moment!?!?! ASHRUN

That's the point though - they are both already well found so no one should be backing them antepost anyway - so lets just sit back and see how it plays out. I think it's a stretch to say that the Cossack's price isn't justified based on what we have seen at his last 3 runs though and he is deserving of his place at the top of the market. If you don't have him in your top 3 right now you are wrong.

ASHRUN is 4th fave at the moment!?!?! ASHRUN

Wouldn't have the camel sub 20s on what I've seen and what his plans are this prep. The Baby is a deserved 10s shot

Wouldn't have the camel sub 20s on what I've seen and what his plans are this prep. The Baby is a deserved 10s shot

Fair enough - but any bookie that puts up 20s RC is going to be raped - just has to be kept safe given how unexposed he is.

Just hit the wires

2.5 kegs and straight into the field

That’s a decent penalty for the Tiger.

AVD’s win last night was the first time an English derby winner has won a race since 2016 & Harzand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AVD’s win last night was the first time an English derby winner has won a race since 2016 & Harzand

To be fair 2017 was a 50/1 winner and Masar got injured immediately after winning 2018. This years winner was a nice third in a G1 last night first run since winning the Derby

Seems ‘ol mate Rory Flanagan none too pleased about the Moth’s penalty.

Honestly have NFI what he was smoking with some of his 'analysis' on those overseas horses this morning and their respective paths - the Moth was always going to get a penalty high enough to make the field.

I concede it doesn't have the same high power honour roll as its superior Victorian brother

2019 - Warning
2018 - Extra Brut
2017 - Ace High
2016 - Prized Icon
2015 - Tarzino
2014 - Preferment
2013 - Polanski
2012 - Fiveandahalfstar

I'm not sure why they are all blowing up - the win pushed his official rating up to 113 which is only 1 pound behind Santiago and Santiago has 53.5 - the size of the penalty is perfectly reasonable.

He laid it on the fair is my guess ;)

Wow he really has gone full melt. Sounding as if he lost a truckload on Delphi.

Probably also mad that he didn’t even mention the Moth amongst the 30 or so horses he has been peddling around the traps in the last couple of weeks. And at the same time a couple he was super keen on have gone awful - Prince G and Red VerDon some prime examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back