Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 19th Sept 7.40PM @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last man standing.
We are the walking wounded, half of the list is cooked.

Can't believe our Match Committee would be so bloody stupid as to keep fronting most of the best 22 up week after week, sorry, game after game,
if only it were week to week. Plenty of clubs have been happy to manage a handful of players game to game, including their stars. We largely keep
going to the same well. I am assuming many are done. Perhaps some of the "boys" have been subjected to heavy gym sessions, utilising the hub
time for concentrated development. Remember the season would have been well and truly over for most by now, and they have to front up next
year. With Vic restrictions continuing, is there any guarantee the pre season will resemble "normal"? It has been confirmed by ITK poster(s) that
Dow and Kennedy are both "done", Marchbank done etc.
Yet were overrunning them in the 2nd half?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

In: Marchbank, Dow, Cottrell, Pittonet, Kennedy, Philp, Polson
Out: Jones, Simpson, Murphy, Casboult, E.Curnow, Docherty, Gibbons

B: Plowman----------------Marchbank--------------Dow

H: Newnes-----------------Weitering-------------Williamson

C: SPS-----------------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham--------------McGovern-------------Cottrell

F: Betts----------------------McKay-----------------Fisher

Foll: Pittonet, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: De Koning, Kennedy, Philp, Polson

Out: young kids gaining experience
In: old 'leaders' that can't or won't tackle, High price recruits that go whole halves without touching the ball.

Why change for the final round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy must play. Not sure why he has been out tbh. We were destoyed in the middle.

The info I gleaned from elesewhere is that Kennedy is carrying an injury. Also that Cas has been too, I remember he was goung to be rested earlier in the season but soldiered on. Probably the reason his ruck minutes have been reduced. Cripps carrying an injury since mid season as well although most of us have worked that out. Dow and LOB were working on game aspects/injuries and were being managed, so them playing these later matches werent to script so to speak.
Just want a team out there not injured and willing to play for the club. Dont care about a win or loss but finish off the season as strong as possible. Every minute this team is exposed to AFL level footy with a winning mindset is crucial.
Anyone cotton wooling themselves f.... off. Losses should hurt, never be accepted at this stage of the never ending rebuild.

In: Marchbank, Dow, Cottrell, Pittonet, Kennedy, Philp, Polson
Out: Jones, Simpson, Murphy, Casboult, E.Curnow, Docherty, Gibbons

B: Plowman----------------Marchbank--------------Dow

H: Newnes-----------------Weitering-------------Williamson

C: SPS-----------------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham--------------McGovern-------------Cottrell

F: Betts----------------------McKay-----------------Fisher

Foll: Pittonet, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: De Koning, Kennedy, Philp, Polson
I know he does it every week but imagine the stubbornness required to genuinely want to drop gibbons this week.

You’d have to have literally not paid any attention to the game

Round 23 2019 - lost by 68 points
Round 23 2018 - lost by 104 points
Round 23 2017 - lost by 81 points

Yeah we aint winning this or getting close.
Well it’s not before time we put in a red hot showing, win lose or draw, to get some impetus going into 2021 and to help us attract preferred free agents. I’m glad Lions have top 2 locked away now so no super incentive for them here.

If they don’t go into this with real intent I’ll be disappointed. We did beat them last year and a shock win wouldn’t surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back