Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Cornes :sick: from July this year ...

EhcqpK5WkAY3tol

When I see Cornes name attached anything, I don't even click. If there's no heads-up, I close it down as soon as I realise my mistake. Not giving that idiot a moment of my mind or bandwidth. Seems to have weaseled his way into AFL media by being "controversial". Just another reason to get my footy fix direct from BF.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
And you know what - a number of other "journalists" will take the opportunity now to claim the moral high ground of "It's not fair to compare these players" and "We go too early on criticising the kids" - and in 6 months they'll all be doing it again.

No integrity in this mob. If they're not criticising players they're criticising their journalistic competition.
Blame the incessant need to fill the airways with conversational diatribe that escalates into the next headline. Look at the need to get the Kruezer retirement out before the next pillock. A genuine legend cannot stand in front of the mikes and his mates and have his moment because the audience clambered for it now! The me first media feel like they need to fill the blankness of the airways. We are in a ridiculous era of reporting where first is more important than right.

While there is a need, and we currently have unlimited space, the media will fill it. The answer, turn them off, but not enough people will. While there is a market, it will be filled, regardless of the accuracy.

Look at the need to get the Kruezer retirement out before the next pillock. A genuine legend cannot stand in front of the mikes and his mates and have his moment because the audience clambered for it now!

I reckon Krooz would have preferred the leak.

He's not the type to build up tension and hold court in front of 20 cameras and mikes...

The last person in the world bothered by media commentary is Sam Walsh. He will just continue to outwork the competition, remain humble and dominate for the Carlton Football Club.

Now, wait a minute TRP. Not so sure about that.

After a much-hyped underage year where he averaged 29 touches as a 17yo, he followed that up by only averaging 30 touches on his way to captaining his club and champs team, being named all-Australian captain, larke medallist and AFL academy mvp.

And then after being selected #1 in a super draft he only managed to follow that up with a record number of possessions for a rookie on his way to winning the rising star award.

And then under that added pressure of winning that and all the media coverage, Sam has only managed to almost crack the top 20 league wide in aflca voting in his second season...

Wait..... No, as you were.... ;)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2007
at home
AFL Club
Carlton

After a much-hyped underage year where he averaged 29 touches as a 17yo, he followed that up by only averaging 30 touches on his way to captaining his club and champs team, being named all-Australian captain, larke medallist and AFL academy mvp.

And then after being selected #1 in a super draft he only managed to follow that up with a record number of possessions for a rookie on his way to winning the rising star award.

And then under that added pressure of winning that and all the media coverage, Sam has only managed to almost crack the top 20 league wide in aflca voting in his second season...

When ya put it like that, the young man is ******* outrageous!

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

As someone who is friends with a relative of a recent very high draft pick, I've seen the impact of articles getting written and players being spoken about can have. I know it comes with the territory but hearing/reading negative things about your sibling, son, etc. wouldn't be easy. This is amplified when it comes to being a high draft pick..'x player is no good', 'shouldn't have been picked up at that pick', etc. Let alone the fact that these players are kids, and that development definitely isn't linear.

I don't pay much attention to Cornes, but either he doesn't have much of a clue about footy, or he does and says things knowing he'll get a reaction and air time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

Well based on that we should get a high second round pick for him. Walsh and Dow for Papley ??? :)

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
As someone who is friends with a relative of a recent very high draft pick, I've seen the impact of articles getting written and players being spoken about can have. I know it comes with the territory but hearing/reading negative things about your sibling, son, etc. wouldn't be easy. This is amplified when it comes to being a high draft pick..'x player is no good', 'shouldn't have been picked up at that pick', etc. Let alone the fact that these players are kids, and that development definitely isn't linear.

I don't pay much attention to Cornes, but either he doesn't have much of a clue about footy, or he does and says things knowing he'll get a reaction and air time.
That's 100% Kane Cornes' gig, just be controversial and attract viewers and clicks. There's no substantive evidence or insightful argument from him, it's trivial nonsense.

The worst part about it is how transparent it is, yet it keeps working. People keep responding to it. He must go home after "work" laughing every day.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Cornes :sick: from July this year ...

EhcqpK5WkAY3tol
Kano was back pedalling hard this morning on the back of his twitter feed being swamped on Sunday night. Said Walsh will be a good player but is just Andrew Gaff.

I have no problem with Kano having an opinion and him coming up with an argument to support it, hell there is enough group think in the media such as at the start of the year * are a decent team, but the statement"They got pick wrong and I think Carlton fans probably need to admit that" is him telling us our opinions are wrong so expect us to come for you Kano.

Edit
I think it is about time Port supporters like Kano admit that they got there pick 5 wrong. Could have taken Bailey Smith or Ben King and they have taken a flashy small forward due to SA small town bias, who hasn't come on in 2020 and was playing better footy last year.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
I have no problem with Kano having an opinion and him coming up with an argument to support it ... but the statement"They got pick wrong and I think Carlton fans probably need to admit that" ...

If he had any balls he'd have made the claim on draft night.

His opinions are as insightful as saying "I knew that would happen" after something happened.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Not generally a big fan of the Australian however there is a fantastic lead article in the weekend Australian magazine today about Eddie Betts. Five page story that's a good read. Goes into how his grandfather died in police custody and amazingly being pulled over as the police wouldnt believe that he owned the car that he won for goal of the year.

I recommend it as a good read.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back