News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see any reason why Clarko would pick Adelaide? He is the only coach who could select any club he wanted - why Adelaide? More likely to see him go at some other big Melbourne club. A few years in Adelaide when he was taking whatever he could get like any other coach doesn't count for much I wouldn't have thought.

What puzzles me is this public talk. It's either a media stunt like the situation with Fergie/Man Utd 12 years ago (although that was driven by Fergie, not Man Utd) or it's real and if it's real why are they even bothering to go til then? They aren't in the hunt, cut the cord and start fresh.

Oh, and as if Adelaide would even offer close to what other teams would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel?

You know how you have those to mates, both funny as and you think "mate, get those two together they'd bounce off each other, it'll be gold, just need them in the same room together".

Then you get them together and they dead set hate each other, all of a sudden, both are sullen, bring the mood of the room down etc.

That's what it'd be like with Daniel and Laird in the same team, it'd be fisticuffs for sure in the pre season

Makes me think he'll stay in Melbourne

Also interesting to note Lenny Hayes and Brad Miller not back at GWS next year.
According to GWS it’s because they both want to get away from football altogether:

Foxfooty.com.au understands Hayes was contracted beyond 2020.

“Both have young families and that time away from football led to the realisation that the industry is pretty ruthless and the work-life balance isn’t great at the best of times,” GWS footy boss Jason McCartney said of Hayes’ and Miller’s departures.

“That time with their families has brought forward the decision that they want to look at other opportunities away from football.

Tha
According to GWS it’s because they both want to get away from football altogether:

“Both have young families and that time away from football led to the realisation that the industry is pretty ruthless and the work-life balance isn’t great at the best of times,” GWS footy boss Jason McCartney said of Hayes’ and Miller’s departures.

“That time with their families has brought forward the decision that they want to look at other opportunities away from football.
Thank god that Adelaide is the best City in Australia to have a young family!

Just like how Francou wanted to go back to teaching.

Not saying they're 100% telling fibs, could very well be true, but clubs will find ways to spin things if they can.

They don’t like that it’s a ruthless industry?

We were made for each other.

From the afl insider (trade whisperer) on facebook

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
Carlton is set to have Brad Crouch land at Princess park, like superman to save the day.
Carlton have been screaming for some help for Cripps and Brad Crouch fits that bill.
How do you feel Blues fans?
Details on the deal are 550k-600k for 4 years.
#AFLinsider

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
Carlton is set to have Brad Crouch land at Princess park, like superman to save the day.
Carlton have been screaming for some help for Cripps and Brad Crouch fits that bill.
#AFLinsider
Sign him up here it that's the deal.

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider
LOL

He's staying then cause that's not going to get band 1 compo.

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider
I’m pretty sure that would be a pay cut from what we would be offering him

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider
That's funny as sh*t, $550-600K was around what McGovern got here, they will need reduce McGovern's salary by $200K to $600K and add that $200K to B.Crouch's salary.

I’LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider
He also said a couple of days ago that Atkins was getting a 4 year deal with Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back