Science/Environment Vaccination and Herd Immunity: How it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I don't have the time keep going back and forth with imbeciles.

You want to take the vaccine (not that a safe, effective vaccine for COVID-19 will ever be available), go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.

You can watch on in horror while 60 minutes presents to you the horrors of having taking said vaccine when they inevitably come up with their segment on it.
Our federal government will incentivise taking the vaccine to the point that it may as well be mandatory.

You post mostly in absolutes without providing definitive evidence, answering probing questions, acknowledging other viewpoints, and then throw in the towel after an emotional tirade more than anyone should on an anonymous football forum.

It's an immature style of debate at best. What do you hope to achieve?

Oh, there is plenty of substance to it. ;)

Because the vast majority of people (who are not old and without comorbidities) survive.

It's a moot point anyway. I doubt a safe and effective vaccine will be found/developed.

Thanks.

OK so you think its safer to catch a disease that "most" people survive , though some may have ongoing conditions, rather than to have a deactivated version of the same virus. Logic.

If it was smallpox no doubt you would be recommending that people give themselves a small dose of it ( Common before the vaccine ) rather than take that dangerous vaccine.

Our federal government will incentivise taking the vaccine to the point that it may as well be mandatory.

You post mostly in absolutes without providing definitive evidence, answering probing questions, acknowledging other viewpoints, and then throw in the towel after an emotional tirade more than anyone should on an anonymous football forum.

It's an immature style of debate at best. What do you hope to achieve?

In the past people had to be vaccinated against certain things before they could travel overseas. ( or re-enter the country ).
That sort of strategy could come back into play.

Anti Vaxxer's can be free to stay where they are.

this anti-vaxer label is tiresome

i don’t talk about it or post crap on social media or think it about much at all in general..but i have a strong opinion on all vaccines

i’ve never had one and never will

no one has the right to force you to take a lab produce substance and inject it

it’s pretty clear cut

this anti-vaxer label is tiresome

i don’t talk about it or post crap on social media or think it about much at all in general..but i have a strong opinion on all vaccines

i’ve never had one and never will

no one has the right to force you to take a lab produce substance and inject it

it’s pretty clear cut
Clear cut nonsense is still nonsense.

Clear cut nonsense is still nonsense.

this is why i don’t even bother mentioning it to anyone

elderly people ? sure. they got nothing to lose and low immune systems

kids yes. goes without saying

travelling to africa. makes sense to be prepared

flu vaccines for healthy people ? eat some lemons to prevent scurvy and boost immune system

and that concludes today’s lecture

this is why i don’t even bother mentioning it to anyone

elderly people ? sure. they got nothing to lose and low immune systems

kids yes. goes without saying

travelling to africa. makes sense to be prepared

flu vaccines for healthy people ? eat some lemons to prevent scurvy and boost immune system

and that concludes today’s lecture

Polio ? Smallpox ?
Ohhhh you left it up to others to protect you, or are you such a tough guy a few lemons would stop you getting any diseases.

As if anti vaxxers have ever given a sh*t about newborn babies or the vulnerable. They rely on the rest of us in keeping their children safe.

Looking at world stars for covid, so many new born baby's getting it.

Looking at the way the foc and medical. Industry have gone out of thier way to save the vulnerable, all that effort in aged care homes, we can't let go to waste.

And. Imagine if the nutters got thier way with medicinal Cannibis, so many whose lives been saved by xhem, would be at risk.

These idiots just don't think.

Polio ? Smallpox ?
Ohhhh you left it up to others to protect you, or are you such a tough guy a few lemons would stop you getting any diseases.
You throw the lemons at people who look sick. They stay away, you stay healthy.

Easy as.

Polio ? Smallpox ?

i’m talking about a vaccine for this corona virus

which we all have a right to refuse

polio and smallpox are a whole different situation

if either of those started up again as a pandemic i’d be all for everyone getting a vaccine...myself included

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Trump releases the covid vaccine, all you anti vaxxers will take your injections with a smile and a thank you, or you'll just end up looking like a Bunnings Karen.
Q told you that?

In the past people had to be vaccinated against certain things before they could travel overseas. ( or re-enter the country ).
That sort of strategy could come back into play.

Anti Vaxxer's can be free to stay where they are.

i’d be happy to not travel overseas for years until this pandemic is over completely

why would anyone want to unless it’s important to visit relatives or on business

i’d be happy to not travel overseas for years until this pandemic is over completely

why would anyone want to unless it’s important to visit relatives or on business

Yeah lots of people travel for business , though i'm sceptical for the actual needs of a lot of it.
I agree the Bali/thailand holidays will take a slump.
Though it could be worth it when the prices come in crazy cheap.

The thing about people is that they forget.
They worry about bushfires after the bushfires. By the time the next ones come round they've forgotten to worry any more. They treat it like a fashion. ( Covid 19 is going out of fashion fast ).
That's why 600 000 live in the splash zone of Mount Vesuvius.

We still seem to have plenty of people who just don't understand how this works.

Here's an animation:

The short answer: it's not about you, it's about vulnerable people that can't get vaccinated, like newborn babies, or people going through chemo.

And I'll add that it's about people for whom vaccination is less effective. Or for whom life-saving treatments (like long-term intubation on a respirator) can still cause damage.

Here's another picture:

View attachment 946254

I’m pro vaccination but it is worth noting it doesn’t work this way for all diseases and Covid looks like one of those

I’m pro vaccination but it is worth noting it doesn’t work this way for all diseases and Covid looks like one of those
It’s an effective basic demonstration.

It’s an effective basic demonstration.

My father had polio as a child. Images of him in an iron lung vs the effectiveness of the polio vaccine, had me convinced at an early age vaccination is a positive thing.

I'm pro choice though but also pro having child care subsidies, class A and B linked to vaccination. That way people who don't vaccinate, appreciate there is a cost to that decision be it in their hip pocket or the risk they increase in society.

Last edited:
Vaccines just help your immune system.

You can still get sick. They just reduce your chances of getting REALLY sick. If everyone has a much higher chance of getting a lot less sick, the virus spreads a lot less. It’s not 100% but it’s enourmously higher than if they weren’t vaccinated.

Doing good work there chief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you heard the saying, "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing"?

It's another example of an uneducated twit reading a research paper/something on a tin foil hat blog.

He's referring to aspartame's in vivo formation of a methanol metabolite. However, what he doesn't understand is that there's more methanol present in a glass of orange juice.

This, of course, is supposed to dazzle you with science knowledge wonder, and lend credence to his wisdom as an anti-vaxxer.
I prefer ethanol in mine.

what option is there for parents with children who have genetic reasons for not doing all the vaccinations?
There used to be the accepted exemption on medical grounds but that is no longer accepted.

vaccination is not compulsory

but it may be required for some benefits, creating a "two way street"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back