Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Footy articles have been few and far between this season........... until the Crows finally get a couple of wins :$ The next bit of spin from an ambassador has been published

Adelaide Crows Camp: Collective Mind directors Amon Woulfe and Derek Leddie speak to Graham Cornes
lol, hard hitting "interview" by Camry Crows' Ambassador which proves that all those players that were actually on the camp and criticised it are lying. :rolleyes:

News Limited actually pay Ambassador Wrinkles to produce these propaganda pieces.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
This would be former Advertiser journalist David Burtenshaw I guess

He's a s**t stirrer

adspoon.jpeg

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Only comes out of the woodwork when they've had a few wins after the season is all over.

He left the Crows around the time they created those digital 'memberships' - maybe he was overwhelmed by the unexpected response and fled to more placid surrounds of the SACA...

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
lol, hard hitting "interview" by Camry Crows' Ambassador which proves that all those players that were actually on the camp and criticised it are lying. :rolleyes:

News Limited actually pay Ambassador Wrinkles to produce these propaganda pieces.
Its more likely that the Crows pay Gra to write them and the paper to print them.

They are advertorial.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's the way they all operate

Snide remark, then when it gets a reaction say it was just a joke and to not be so precious

Wrinkles MO everytime
Yes that’s a typical crow supporter reaction. Whenever I get “chatted to” by an unknown to me crow supporters I am quite rude to them as to my reply. I may have had a Port t shirt on , so to them I’m fair game. My wife says I shouldn’t be like that to which I reply “how can stop them if you don’t tell them that they are complete morons and they should mind their own business”. It’s as if god has given them the right to make any derogatory remark to any Port supporter.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not from sanfl juniors then? (SA players)

Sure they are all affiliated with SANFL clubs but school football takes precendence

2019 Draft SA Recruits
Dylan Stephen St Peters
Kysaiah Pickett PAC
Will Day Sacred Heart
Harry Schoenberg PAC
Will Gould PAC
Jackson Mead St Michaels
Cam Taheny Rostrevor
Josh Morris Henley High
Michael Frederick CBC

Only 1 is from a State school and that happens to be a Footy Program school and the only one that competes with the Colleges. Henley High is the outlier.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure they are all affiliated with SANFL clubs but school football takes precendence

2019 Draft SA Recruits
Dylan Stephen St Peters
Kysaiah Pickett PAC
Will Day Sacred Heart
Harry Schoenberg PAC
Will Gould PAC
Jackson Mead St Michaels
Cam Taheny Rostrevor
Josh Morris Henley High
Michael Frederick CBC

Only 1 is from a State school and that happens to be a Footy Program school and the only one that competes with the Colleges. Henley High is the outlier.
but there's all that money being funnelled from afl generated revenue to sanfl clubs...

I genuinely don't know but would the level of development at schools be higher than what they get from their time with sanfl clubs? Private schools have demanded their kids prioritise school footy over club footy for decades (I remember Greg Anderson having to leave St Mick's and go to Woodville High so he could play league football for Port in the mid 80s) but that doesn't mean that most of the quality development is happening with the school team.
If so, then surely it's time to remove junior footy from the sanfl and allow them to focus on senior footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back