News 2020 Retirements and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Didn't see a thread for these, hence thought I'd start one as there are going to be more of these announcements

Poppy and Stratton done:

Kreuzer and Gibbs already this week.

Any others?

Somewhat unrelated and more club board, but also a remembrance shout-out to Fremantle sadly having their 4th(?) ex-player passing in 2020:

Gary Dhurrkay (car crash '05)
Shane Yarran (found dead at home '18)
Colin Sylvia (car crash '18)
Quenton Leach (cancer '20)

Please correct if there are more I've overlooked. A lot of the AFL-era new clubs from the Eagles/Bears on are now reaching that age where they are starting to accrue several ex-player passings, which reflects how long these clubs have now been around (Fremantle in their 26th season). Leach (who memorably kicked an after-the-siren winner against the Lions in '97) appears to be their first(?) middle-aged passing.

Anyway, back to retirements/delistings, don't mean to derail thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Brown announced his retirement back in July
Would explain why he's been doing all those Sportsbet ads, needs a new income stream.

I'm a bit surprised that Richmond had kept him on their list for so long. I suppose both parties just agreed that he was never going to get back to what he was before he broke his leg. A gun when he was on.

Would explain why he's been doing all those Sportsbet ads, needs a new income stream.

I'm a bit surprised that Richmond had kept him on their list for so long. I suppose both parties just agreed that he was never going to get back to what he was before he broke his leg. A gun when he was on.
Sorry for the confusion but I'm actually talking about Nathan D. Brown who plays for Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back