Players who should have been persevered with

Remove this Banner Ad

Sauce Jacobs. Felt he was a much safer bet than Hampson and more upside than Warnock.

Fevola. I still sometimes dream that the man will come back out of retirement.

Brad Fisher. Surely could have given him another game to get to 100.

Jordan Russell. Very strange career trajectory. Much maligned early in his career, had a couple good seasons culminating in a 2nd place finish in our B&F, then never looked like it again (injuries might have played a role). Went on to be a more than handy VFL player, so might have had a bit more left in the tank.

Clinton Benjamin. Never played a game but was an excellent athlete.

Sauce Jacobs. Felt he was a much safer bet than Hampson and more upside than Warnock.

Jordan Russell. Very strange career trajectory. Much maligned early in his career, had a couple good seasons culminating in a 2nd place finish in our B&F, then never looked like it again (injuries might have played a role). Went on to be a more than handy VFL player, so might have had a bit more left in the tank.

I think keeping Warnock ahead of Jacobs was a bloody face saving exercise for the dills that coughed up 2 x 2nd rounders and gave him an inflated salary.
Ranks as one of the stupidest decisions ever. The sad thing is even most of us here knew that!

If Nick Graham was given a proper run in the midfield from the start I have no doubt he would have ended up a handy footballer.

I felt Patty Kerr showed heaps in his few opportunities, unfortunate he was always going to be behind Charlie & Harry

Patty Kerr...he couldnt have at least provided what we got onfield from O'Shea or Moore?

not really our choice
Peter Bosustow
Mark Naley
Brianna Davey

others
Luke Livingstone (as a forward)
Nick Holman

do these count
Adrian Whitehead
Sean Charles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Zach but a headscratcher it was not. SOS deemed him to be the only viable tradebait that season.

He got what he wanted for him to pay the price of the trade that was to be made that season (Marchbank).

I hope Marchy gets back and becomes the player we hoped he'd be.
Tuohy was pretty much the only defender we had that could play tall or small. Given Ploughman is now in that role, I'd have kept Tuohy.

Nick Holman should never had been cut - remember being at Marvel watching him under the roof...... was as tough as teak when we were getting pushed around like my daughters netball team....... a very common sight....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Justin Daives
Rhys O'Keefe (maybe had run his time but his left foot was beautiful, wish he could have made it)
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow - another good kick, maybe worth another season or 2 as a rookie although his post AFL career didnt go far so maybe a sign he wasnt good enough

Fev was crucified by the media and left to hang out to dry in a shameful way. Check out my book review of one book about Fev and his own book. Go to www.waflglorydays.blogspot.com then click "Carlton" or "Book Reviews".

+1 for Brad Fisher. Disgraceful how we left him hanging on 99 games too.
Effing Criminal. Sure you don't 'Gift' players games, but very well respected heart and sole players you have to make some exceptions for as it's good for the club culture and morale. Decisions like this make outsiders and potential recruits balk as they think the culture is rotten, nad they'd be right. Thank goodness it's getting better again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back