Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a huge call.

He's got a lot of tools. Until recently he wasn't AFL conditioning, strength especially. I'd expect him to be the full bottle next year. He's got a genuine shot at forward ruck in 2021. His opposition is Chol. Any injuries and he pays a lot of games. So I reckon we'll try to keep him. And if the issue for CJ isn't the club, but playing games, he will have an obvious incentive to stay.
As you say has all the tools just needs to get the conditioning right in his body. Started to show last year he could play as a full time ruck at the lower level when Soldo moved up. Hopefully he spends the time that he can't play building on his fitness and strength so that when he does return he is primed to make an immediate impact.
Happy to be proven wrong.
No offence but hope you are.

Although i dont want to lose him, if we can get Cerra in a deal involving sending Pickett to Freo, we need to jump on it.
Especially if Cerra were to request a trade back home.
Im not sure on his value in the open market, but i would try and do something like this.

CCJ and our 3rd round pick to GWS for their first round pick.
Pickett and our first round pick, plus the first round pick from GWS to Freo for Cerra.

Recruit me RFC.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I was reading along nicely in the 1st paragraph... Then i fell away. Cerra is good, but he is NOT worth 2 1st rounders AND pickett

Theres a bloke on facebook who reckons its a lock that we are swapping RCD and CCJ for Seb ross and a 2nd round pick. His page is AFL insider trade news. He's posted a lot of rubbish the last few days. I think his source might be big footy haha
I'll give you some inside info:

Stop using Facebook for anything in life.

I was reading along nicely in the 1st paragraph... Then i fell away. Cerra is good, but he is NOT worth 2 1st rounders AND pickett
He is when those two first rounders will likely be between 11-18.

Last edited:
Theres a bloke on facebook who reckons its a lock that we are swapping RCD and CCJ for Seb ross and a 2nd round pick. His page is AFL insider trade news. He's posted a lot of rubbish the last few days. I think his source might be big footy haha
Let me guess a Saints supporter.
These guys should at least try and make up something that’s plausible

Was about to write the same....2 x 1st rnd picks and Pickett....pass.

Soldo injury will save CCJ I think now, unless the offer we get for him is to good for us to refuse. Stacks career hinges on the leadership group and the coaches imo.
Been told a couple of times lately that he's a dick and been acting like one all year.... could be in strife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been told a couple of times lately that he's a dick and been acting like one all year.... could be in strife.

Stacky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have heard similar - has an out of control ego we have been trying very hard to reel in!

Soldo injury will save CCJ I think now, unless the offer we get for him is to good for us to refuse. Stacks career hinges on the leadership group and the coaches imo.

Recon keeping CJ takes away our currency to get Perryman mate?

Recon keeping CJ takes away our currency to get Perryman mate?

Yeah but the Soldo injury changes all that. Would rather keep the depth of CCJ than Perryman if that's the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would you give a mid first rounder and a late first rounder for a top five pick this year?

I would.

Cerra was a top 5 pick who has franked AFL form. Totally worth a mid and late first.

Pickett is steak knives. He is a 18-22 player in our team.

Was about to write the same....2 x 1st rnd picks and Pickett....pass.
I'd agree, but our first round pick after all the s**t that happens beforehand will be somewhere in the 20's anyway (if we win the flag).
Although Pickett has been playing well, on the open market I dont think he fetches anymore than a third round pick. Especially considering he is rumoured to be wanting to go home. Also out of contract at the end of the year.

So essentially, Pickett, a low 20's pick and a low-mid teens pick for a young talent like Cerra who would keep our window open for a while.
He is essentially the second coming of Cotchin. Oozes quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back