The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kloppster last year......

''Liverpool is an ambitious club and if we didn't spend the same amount as others, we wouldn't be able to compete," Klopp said. ''Everyone's splashing the cash, so we have to the same.''

Where did you get that quote from lol? I can't imagine Klopp ever saying the words "splashing the cash".

I'm not saying it's not true just sounds funny.

Dont buy that one mate. If Fat Frank is childish then so is Slippy G.

But Fat Frank isn't based on anything, Slippy G is like Penandes or any of those other nicknames. Still silly but at least based on something on the pitch. Plus it all just exploded out of nowhere in the last two pages, reckon he hasn't been called Fat Frank on here in years.

But Fat Frank isn't based on anything, Slippy G is like Penandes or any of those other nicknames. Still silly but at least based on something on the pitch. Plus it all just exploded out of nowhere in the last two pages, reckon he hasn't been called Fat Frank on here in years.
Really? He is always referred to as Fat Frank. It's been his nickname for like 20 years.

Really? He is always referred to as Fat Frank. It's been his nickname for like 20 years.

I haven't been on this forum for 20 years.

I know it's a random nickname that gets thrown out every so often, I'm talking about the fact that in the last page it suddenly exploded into use with every Liverpool poster popping in to call him Fatty (which actually hasn't been his nickname ever, it's Fat Frank) which was just a bizarre response to Klopp's tears.

Reckon if I picked a random match thread from last year talking about Chelsea there wouldn't be a single poster calling him Fat Frank.

I haven't been on this forum for 20 years.

I know it's a random nickname that gets thrown out every so often, I'm talking about the fact that in the last page it suddenly exploded into use with every Liverpool poster popping in to call him Fatty (which actually hasn't been his nickname ever, it's Fat Frank) which was just a bizarre response to Klopp's tears.

Reckon if I picked a random match thread from last year talking about Chelsea there wouldn't be a single poster calling him Fat Frank.

Post from Bradesmaen, circa 2008

Lets put it this way, Jagielka was not a clear last man thats for sure, otherwise Chelsea would have been pleading a lot more like they usually do to surround the ref. Actually I'm surprised they didnt surround him when Mikel got sent off, maybe thats only Terry and Fat Frank.

Also match day 30 from last season
******* annoyed that it's between Man U and Chelsea for the last Champions League spot.

It was before my time but Chelsea and Leeds United had a really spiteful and hateful rivalry in the 70s. (Hence the Leeds chant of Cue Sera Sera and Chelsea :) )

Damn you Spurs, why did you have go belly up this season ?

I actually like Ole a lot more than Fat Frank, so I find myself hoping the Mancs leapfrog Chelsea 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Fat Frank has been his nickname for ages and not just for Liverpool supporters, not sure what the controversy is by calling him that?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like Klopp already trying to make excuses if Liverpool doesn’t back things up this year

I think he was actually aiming it at the Liverpool fans who are whingeing at us not spending money this summer. He probably didn’t need to name check Chelsea and City because it was always going to get some knickers in knots, but I don’t think it was intended as a dig at them, and it’s certainly not about getting excuses in early.

I think he was actually aiming it at the Liverpool fans who are whingeing at us not spending money this summer. He probably didn’t need to name check Chelsea and City because it was always going to get some knickers in knots, but I don’t think it was intended as a dig at them, and it’s certainly not about getting excuses in early.
Fans on twitter are pretty cancerous, We've just won the CL and Prem in the last year or so and the club posts that a few youth players re-signed and the replies are the FSGOUT brigade saying "Announce Thiago/FSGOUT etc".

Well no that's because he had a mare and it was funny, the lampard one sprang up in the last few pages out of nothing. Historically yes its a nickname he's had but sounded like a few childish pool fans upset that he made their manager sad.

Sprung up in the last few pages?

He got the nickname at West Ham over 2 decades ago.

Literally every supporter base in the UK refers to him as Fat Frank.

Hopefully that’s the case but Klopp has a history of being a bit of a sook when he loses (the best generally are though).

Post from Bradesmaen, circa 2008

Also match day 30 from last season

Fat Frank has been his nickname for ages and not just for Liverpool supporters, not sure what the controversy is by calling him that?

Did you miss the part where I said I know it's an old nickname?

Sprung up in the last few pages?

He got the nickname at West Ham over 2 decades ago.

Literally every supporter base in the UK refers to him as Fat Frank.

Sprung up in every single post is clearly what I meant, I even say in that post that I know it's an old nickname FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back