EPL Matchday 1

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Spurs are in trouble primarily because they have such a congested start to the season and their temptation is going to be playing Kane and Son in the majority of those games. If either or both of them get injured then they're in big trouble.
It will be useful early on getting extra games in since nobody played the friendlies. Where it becomes a problem for us is mid October through November. 25 games in 68 days could be on the cards. With 8 in 18 at one point

It will be useful early on getting extra games in since nobody played the friendlies. Where it becomes a problem for us is mid October through November. 25 games in 68 days could be on the cards. With 8 in 18 at one point

It's useful playing 12 games in 30 days or whatever it is? Lol, I dunno about that.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It's useful playing 12 games in 30 days or whatever it is? Lol, I dunno about that.
When your squad has played 1.5 pre season games the initial cram I don't mind. 6 games in the next 21 days. That's like a pre season. We've had many of our XI play no more than 45 mins so far. So to get a game Thursday this week is good

It's the October-Nov run when we play 4 games in 8 and then 3 in the 7 after that where it gets messy

When your squad has played 1.5 pre season games the initial cram I don't mind. 6 games in the next 21 days.

It's the October-Nov run when we play 4 games in 8 and then 3 in the 7 after that where it gets messy

Well it's a good thing you guys don't have a history of injuries I guess.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
What the fu** happened to Scott Parker's cheek?

I know this is a delayed response (I'm just catching up) but I noticed this too and made a point to the missus earlier in the match it looked like Parker was self "cutting", making some scratches into his face and sure enough later he looked cut open. I wonder if he has obsessive compulsive disorder.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think Arsenal will be alright, their improvement will come from Arteta who I rate and comes from the school of Pep and their young guys will contribute IMO.

If they can sort it out defensively which is a big if I think they could challenge for top four.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
their improvement will come from Arteta who I rate and comes from the school of Pep

Not to mention Wenger. Mikel has had guidance from some really impressive football minds.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not to mention Wenger. Mikel has had guidance from some really impressive football minds.

9xZiKeg.gif

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Watched the Everton/Spurs game in full this arvo.

That Rodriguez/Allan combo is the absolute dogs bollocks.

Definite top 4 potential imo.

Should of been 3 or 4-0. Rodriguez put Richarlison in about 5 times.

Hard what to make of Spurs, they are getting canned, but I don't think they were actually that bad. Son was good, and Kane almost got on the end of one. Doherty should have scored.

I just think that midfield unit of Evertons is going to dominate ALOT of sides.

Rodriguez the player of the round along with Salah so far imo.
I was excited going in to the new season with our signings because I think we’ve genuinely had the worst or near worst midfield in the league for a fair while now, and to see it look to gel and work so quickly was great.

Admittedly Spurs were pretty poor and the real test will come against the possession teams who keep the ball better.

I would have said line ball between Mina and Alderweireld but Mina is better at set pieces. Did you see how slow Alderweireld was when him and Richarlison chased that ball? You're probably right with Digne over Davies. But this is what I was thinking.

Lloris
Doherty Mina Keane Davies
Højbjerg Allan
James
Moura Kane Son

Spurs were flat but you can't judge them off one game. I reckon they will challenge for top 6.

Aldi didn’t even jump at the ball DCL scored from. At least cause a distraction even if you think you can’t get it

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone take advantage of the massive same game multi odds Sportsbet have for shots on target during games?

Smashed 2x winners, one paying over 20/1 and then money back on the 3rd for missing 1 leg.

Ings x2, Zaha x1 + McCarthy booked
Kane x2, Richarlison x1 +Hojberg booked (money back)
Salah x2 + Bamford x1
Not yet but I will now. You love to see it

For me, Brighton has been the better side here in this first half but find themselves 1-0 down because they made a simple mistake that allowed Werner in to win the penalty.
Whenever we pick the ball up it seems to be either Alonso or RLC who are giving it away regularly.

As I type this, Jorginho gives it away.
Just sloppy.

Back