Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tagged in Norths forums LDU thread for some reason last week. Still not sure why, I'm not one to go on other forums.

After responding in kind on Saturday I just read the replies. The fapfest over him is weird.

He looks good, looks like he will be a top flight mid for them for years to come. But they are going on like he is the next Judd.

He's touted as being somewhere between Judd and Wayne Carey.

They seriously need to chill, their expectations for him are way too OTT and completely unrealistic going on what we've seen so far. I can see them turning on him when he fails to meet their impossibly high standards.

LDU has the explosiveness but not the composure. Reckon the world goes into a blur when he wins the ball in congestion: hence the bad handpassees and hacked forward kicks. If he can learn to defend as well then with enough games* under his belt he will become a pretty effective footballer. IF he doesn't he'll be hefting bricks by the age of 27

*And I mean a lot of games. Like a 100 minimum. Not your usual 50. I make this (slightly ludicrous) comparison from my experience as a cricketer. Being naturally a panicker and nervous as hell bat in hand I didn't become a decent batsman till I was over 25. Took many many innings before I had developed the conscious mental habits required that suppressed my natural urge to panic.

I was tagged in Norths forums LDU thread for some reason last week. Still not sure why, I'm not one to go on other forums.

After responding in kind on Saturday I just read the replies. The fapfest over him is weird.

He looks good, looks like he will be a top flight mid for them for years to come. But they are going on like he is the next Judd.
I saw that, took a lot for me to not call him out on it. He pinged you because you "laughed" at his post thanking us from years ago. Seemed to think his game the other week meant you looked stupid.

There are few posters on that board who stop and go "Both teams should be happy with their haul." Agreed on the other sentiments as well, LDU has shown a bit but nowhere near enough to be as excited as that mob are, the hype is probably a result of needing something to hold onto given the state of their team.

At least they didn't pick Paddy Dow!

I dunno. I think "LDU has the eyes of a natural predator" would have been even more hilarious if the North board were writing it about a player their club didn't draft.

He'll end up B+ at worst I think. Not sure he is as explosive as they think which he would need to get him to A+. Also needs to work on his disposal. Hack kicks out of congestion aren't uncommon for inside mids but his handballs are erratic and often put his teammates under pressure that could be avoided.

They hang on him because they thought they got the best player in the draft and haven't adjusted to actual performance to date and because he is one of only a handful of potentially elite talents they have.

I think he will be more Andrew Swallow (minus the character) than Chris Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. I would laugh so hard.

Why? It will just fuel the VicBias conspiracy theories, plus if that happened to us I'd be livid.
If true and they allow Port two home finals, it's clear Gil is still bitter and playing petty politics against McGowan

Why? It will just fuel the VicBias conspiracy theories, plus if that happened to us I'd be livid.
If true and they allow Port two home finals, it's clear Gil is still bitter and playing petty politics against McGowan

I don't give a * about them crying about supposed Vic bias. * em. Those self-entitled pretentious w***ers can wallow in their tears because for once they don't get something their way. It also makes their job a lot tougher and the likelihood of them losing increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back