Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

If you spill a bowl of cereal on the floor and clean it up, do you deserve praise?

Of course. Just like when Chopper Reid shoots Neville Bartos, and then takes him to hospital.

He’s a damn hero!

Lots of cultists out to defend their cult leader today, Dictator Dan.

The analogy is about poor management. The Essendon supplement saga was poor governance. The hotel quarantine fiasco was poor governance.

The strain of COVID-19 that has been killing people in elderly homes came from hotel quarantine. Without the hotel mismanagement disaster, that strain doesn't get out into the community. Once out in the community, COVID-19 spreads quickly and is difficult to contain.

Who is responsible for the hotel fiasco? Dictator Dan or "dickheads"? It's not rocket science, guys.

Do you really think there are more "dickheads" in Melbourne than other cities in Australia? Sure are a lot of kool-aid drinkers here.
hindsight is a wonderful thing.

This is a couple of months old but still stands up well. Someone who knows her onions and has interesting perspectives on lockdown e.g. they are individualistic (ergo selfish), which is what those against lockdown are frequently accused of. Also compares NZ strategy to anti-vaxxers i.e. waiting for everyone else to do the hard lifting while still enjoying the benefits.

Blind Freddy could have seen what was going to happen. Don't you believe in holding government to account, generally speaking, or does that only apply when it's the party you support?
yeah thats rubbish. i hate scomo but i give him a pass on the corona virus although he is now starting to do and say stupid things. Dan has admitted his mistakes, started an investigation in the things that stuffed up and put in a lockdown that has now stopped the virus from spreading and where we are ready to open up in a safe way again with the foresight to not stuff up as per before. Good job by him i reckon

Your way is like the usa. deaths and places opening and locking down and not even close to being in as good a position as even Victoria is.

A

yeah thats rubbish. i hate scomo but i give him a pass on the corona virus although he is now starting to do and say stupid things. Dan has admitted his mistakes, started an investigation in the things that stuffed up and put in a lockdown that has now stopped the virus from spreading and where we are ready to open up in a safe way again with the foresight to not stuff up as per before. Good job by him i reckon

Your way is like the usa. deaths and places opening and locking down and not even close to being in as good a position as even Victoria is.

A
Calling for the investigation was another dumb political move that backfired. It's naive to think that Dan wants to admit his mistakes. He certainly doesn't have the merciful attitude towards the electorate that you're showing him.

I've not once suggested that we follow the USA's lead in this. Trump is a dangerous person who is only in it for himself. Dan Andrews seems to care about people, but he's not a competent leader.

Stopping the virus spreading is easy when you're using blunt instruments. There's a cost attached to our approach and I don't think we're getting good value for it.

Overall, I'd give Dan a score of 1/10. My job would be in jeopardy if I ****ed up as badly as he did with the hotel quarantine.

Calling for the investigation was another dumb political move that backfired. It's naive to think that Dan wants to admit his mistakes. He certainly doesn't have the merciful attitude towards the electorate that you're showing him.

I've not once suggested that we follow the USA's lead in this. Trump is a dangerous person who is only in it for himself. Dan Andrews seems to care about people, but he's not a competent leader.

Stopping the virus spreading is easy when you're using blunt instruments. There's a cost attached to our approach and I don't think we're getting good value for it.

Overall, I'd give Dan a score of 1/10. My job would be in jeopardy if I f’ed up as badly as he did with the hotel quarantine.
What on earth are you talking about, It was the only right move and only done by someone who had the guts to stand there and admit there were mistakes made. What would you say if he didnt call for an investigation into it?

What on earth are you talking about, It was the only right move and only done by someone who had the guts to stand there and admit there were mistakes made. What would you say if he didnt call for an investigation into it?
That's the funniest post I've read this year. The cult of Dan is worse than I suspected.

A
Ah yes he only made a little mistake and admitted it so all is good!

The dog should resign.

We all make mistakes that result in numerous deaths and job losses, right?
We don’t usually have to make decisions that affect that many people’s lives so deeply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t usually have to make decisions that affect that many people’s lives so deeply.
True, but I could have managed the hotel quarantine better than the Andrews government and I have no expertise in that field.

How hard is it to call in experts, perform a risk assessment, and oversee a project? How anyone can justify mistakes made by the Victorian government while blaming dickheads for the problems in Melbourne is something I find difficult to understand.

True, but I could have managed the hotel quarantine better than the Andrews government and I have no expertise in that field.

How hard is it to call in experts, perform a risk assessment, and oversee a project? How anyone can justify mistakes made by the Victorian government while blaming dickheads for the problems in Melbourne is something I find difficult to understand.
Could you?
NSW has had multiple security guards catch covid from quazzies.
Screenshot_20200914-230135_Chrome.jpg

The fact is the primary failure was letting them into the country in the first place.
Island quarantine would have been the better solution by far.

That's the funniest post I've read this year. The cult of Dan is worse than I suspected.
you’re the cult of anti Dan no matter what he does. You were going on before the hotel quarantine about him stopping golf and romantic couples. We get it

you’re the cult of anti Dan no matter what he does. You were going on before the hotel quarantine about him stopping golf and romantic couples. We get it
Anti-Dan is a religion like atheism is, or like baldness is a hair colour. You know the drill. I prefer to see myself as rational.

You don't get it because you're a cultist.

Your timeline seems off btw. Did the golf course nonsense start before the hotel shitshow? I had it the other way around. Given the regularity in which Dan *s things up, I could be mistaken.

Could you?
NSW has had multiple security guards catch covid from quazzies.
View attachment 961590

The fact is the primary failure was letting them into the country in the first place.
Island quarantine would have been the better solution by far.
I wouldn't have given the job to any security company for starters. That's a recipe for failure.

Giving the most important job to low paid, low skilled workers while playing the populist game of being tough on everyone is what Dan Andrews did. The idiots loved it too. They still do.

I wouldn't have given the job to any security company for starters. That's a recipe for failure.

Giving the most important job to low paid, low skilled workers while playing the populist game of being tough on everyone is what Dan Andrews did. The idiots loved it too. They still do.
You wouldn't but most every other state did.
NSW did.
SA did
Screenshot_20200914-235806_Chrome.jpg

WA did.
Screenshot_20200915-000104_Chrome.jpg

QLD was going to but changed their mind and decided to skip the middle man and just import their Covid riddled security straight into the community.
Screenshot_20200915-000003_Chrome.jpg

Can we get the same level of condemnation for the other states as well please?

You may not be wealthy in the slightest, but you are happy to use the term “povo” to disparage others. I guess that’s a dog whistle term.

You have certainly denied the science of epidemiology and the basis of controlling this disease. Hell, you’ve even disputed that it’s that bad.

Have a look at the likes. That’s who you ally yourself to. Your overrreactionary posts calling the Victorian Premier a Nazi show how unhinged you are.

Ok so you the term far left excessively to describe anyone less right than Sky. What far left media is there exactly?

You say you are reasonably educated. I can’t see that. Then agai, any pillock can claim they have an education.

Pfft it's the first and only time I've used that term in my life. I particularly dislike bogan Australianisms like the term "povo" - I was simply matching my language to the audience to which I was speaking - being BigFooty users like you i.e. bogans.

As for denying the science of epidemiology and the basis of controlling the disease - complete BS from you. You're just making this up. Perhaps there have been one or two comments you may have misconstrued - I'm sure if you take the totality of my posts any rational sane person would not come away with that impression.

Can you point me to these posts calling the Premier a Nazi? I don't often go for that sort of base-level insult. There may be one or two occasions. Unless you're referring to me saying Victoria has become a Nazi-like Police state? Accuracy please?

I haven't watched a minute of Sky in my life. I don't even have bogan Foxtel lol. I can tell you are a member of the far-left as you use every cliche under the sun of what you think someone right-wing is.

As for what you can see, well, how about you see the post above that one of mine where I questioned why you were lying and saying Victoria's second wave is due to the far-right? Do you see that? Just want to conveniently ignore it? lol.

Blind Freddy could have seen what was going to happen. Don't you believe in holding government to account, generally speaking, or does that only apply when it's the party you support?
Then why not show us your enlightening posts on what you predicted was going to unfold at the end of the first wave?

How long should I wait for them do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back