Lord of the rings

this movie is s**t, boring….

They aren't for everyone.

Every few years I watch the extended versions back to back to back, takes a whole day but worth it, I do the same with Star Wars.

Tremendous movies.

That whole Helms Deep sequence is awesome, though Legolas shitting the bed seemed out of place given his ridiculous accuracy for the rest of the series.

Thought the Hobbit movies weren’t worth watching in the slightest, though.

There is a tolkien edit of the 3 Hobbit movies that cuts them down to one 5 hour movie that follows the books pretty much.

It is quite good and removed most of the crap

Last edited:

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
There is a tolkien edit of the 3 hobit movies that cuts them down to one 5 hour movie that follows the books pretty much.

It is quite good and removed most of the crap

Link for anyone who is interested. Its only 720p which is a little bit gross but might be good for an iPad on a plane journey if we ever get to fly again

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Link for anyone who is interested. Its only 720p which is a little bit gross but might be good for an iPad on a plane journey if we ever get to fly again
Just had a quick flick through after downloading it, its 480p :sick:
Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I have introduced my two sons (12 and 10) to the middle earth movies recently - reminded me just how brilliant they are, particularly the LOTR films. Utterly amazing achievements and told an amazing story.

I don’t mind the Hobbit but I think it helps that I have never read the book (I’ve read LOTR) so it seems less bastardised to me and I like the links to LOTR

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I have introduced my two sons (12 and 10) to the middle earth movies recently - reminded me just how brilliant they are, particularly the LOTR films. Utterly amazing achievements and told an amazing story.

I don’t mind the Hobbit but I think it helps that I have never read the book (I’ve read LOTR) so it seems less bastardised to me and I like the links to LOTR
Amazingly just about a 20 year old movie, but still holds up well and looks amazing for its genre.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Having never read the 4 books, I definitely preferred The Hobbit trilogy in so much as I didn't know what would happen. The Lord of the Rings trilogy makes its ending obvious right from the start.

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
the best trilogy of all time, wonderfully directed by Jackson, terrific cast and score, honestly love it so much

i do own an Aragorn sword at home worth about 1k so yeh i a fan

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I revisited the trilogy in mid-year lockdown and I don't rate it quite as highly as I did at the time. An era/generational classic, but not necessarily an adaptation that will endure 50 years from now.

FOTR: 8.5/10
ROTK: 8/10
TTT: 7.5/10

I was just turning 13 and finishing up the Redwall series when FOTR released, and had a few school acquaintances who had already read Tolkien. Instantly went out and bought the trilogy post-screening and I think it took me 9 months to work my way through them (got sidetracked about half-way through TTT). Then got The Hobbit in time for TTT hitting cinemas and preferred that (a bit more whimsical, rollicking and self-contained). My family grew up on those righteous 90s sword n sandal romantic-epics (the later GoT target market) so LOTR was an easy sell for us.

But around the time ROTK released I was starting to become a film buff and sort of exploring widely on my own from then on.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably the greatest trilogy of movies ever made and i don't mean to over exaggerate, they are just that good. Epic movie making, 5 star quality
You mean the most boring overrated movies of all time. no interesting characters. And a plot that is just full of cliches and flying eagles that come from nowhere whenever the characters need saving. ive never struggled though movies so much in my life. They are so boring.

the cinematography is amazing though.

Back