List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's what he did isn't it? AFL never revealed his bet.

Another reason not to get him- we just don't have Collingwood's power, resources and budget to "take care" of sh*t like that.

Collingwood spent days negotiating that bullshit penalty, if that was a Dees player there'd be no negotiating and he'd have been suspended for a year.

Except they did

'The bets, which totalled $36 but all lost, came against the Western Bulldogs in Round 4, Essendon in Round 6 and St Kilda in Round 9. They included legs on Collingwood to win, winning margin, Stephenson to kick a goal, teammates to goal, teammates to have certain disposal counts'

Chucked $40 on him and his team mates
Pretty ******* stupid, but we wouldn't be paying him to be a rocket surgeon

Also for a bloke who posts about his drug habits constantly you're a pot kettle hypocrite campaigner aye.

Except they did

'The bets, which totalled $36 but all lost, came against the Western Bulldogs in Round 4, Essendon in Round 6 and St Kilda in Round 9. They included legs on Collingwood to win, winning margin, Stephenson to kick a goal, teammates to goal, teammates to have certain disposal counts'

Chucked $40 on him and his team mates
Pretty ******* stupid, but we wouldn't be paying him to be a rocket surgeon
Hold on, are you serious? You can chuck a bet on "person having certain disposal count"???

I assumed you'd have to at least name the player!

Also for a bloke who posts about his drug habits constantly you're a pot kettle hypocrite campaigner aye.
Well you've got me there.

I'll tell you what, if he changes his name from "Jaidyn" to something somewhat less unsophisticated and uncouth- like, for example, "Charles"- then I'll welcome him with open arms. Even with the heart condition, s**t attitude and crappy tattoos.

Hold on, are you serious? You can chuck a bet on "person having certain disposal count"???

I'll tell you what, if he changes his name from "Jaidyn" to something somewhat less unsophisticated and uncouth- like, for example, "Charles"- then I'll welcome him with open arms. Even with the heart condition, sh*t attitude and crappy tattoos.
Imagine if his name was Jaidyn Steveson!

I'll tell you what, if he changes his name from "Jaidyn" to something somewhat less unsophisticated and uncouth- like, for example, "Charles"- then I'll welcome him with open arms. Even with the heart condition, sh*t attitude and crappy tattoos.
His parents are the real campaigners here.

Yeah I know that was more me having fun with the situation.

Their focus is on getting Cameron sorted.

So much of GWS cap is tied up between Cognilio, Kelly, Whitfield and Cameron. All of these guys would have had a year at over $1M in their current deal depending on front/back loaded. Cameron is widely thought to be on the most cash in the AFL this year.
Jack Martin is on the most $ this season by a long way

After intensive overnight reflections on the state our list, and present rumours regarding Jaidyn "multi-bet" Stephenson, I have arrived at the conclusion that Melbourne would indeed benefit from some "class" in our forward line.

Unfortunately Melbourne Football Club have failed to demonstrate the skillset required to "wash the Collingwood off" previous recruits; please see exhibits A, B and C (Chris Dawes, Harry Heretier O'Brien Lumumba, Ben Kennedy). Collectively these players are worth less than a single Lynden Dunn toenail, let alone Jeremy Howe and whatever other gifts we bestowed upon them in our previous trades.

IMO the only soft, flakey, but skilful party boy this club needs is this guy:
iu

No s**t tattoos, a proper first name, private school educated LEGEND.

And he's currently at Port so we can probably get him for a broken down ex-Captain (sorry Nate).

Give the people what they want... Come on Dees!

After intensive overnight reflections on the state our list, and present rumours regarding Jaidyn "multi-bet" Stephenson, I have arrived at the conclusion that Melbourne would indeed benefit from some "class" in our forward line.

Unfortunately Melbourne Football Club have failed to demonstrate the skillset required to "wash the Collingwood off" previous recruits; please see exhibits A, B and C (Chris Dawes, Harry Heretier O'Brien Lumumba, Ben Kennedy). Collectively these players are worth less than a single Lynden Dunn toenail, let alone Jeremy Howe and whatever other gifts we bestowed upon them in our previous trades.

IMO the only soft, flakey, but skilful party boy this club needs is this guy:
iu

No sh*t tattoos, a proper first name, private school educated LEGEND.

And he's currently at Port so we can probably get him for a broken down ex-Captain (sorry Nate).

Give the people what they want... Come on Dees!
Get it done, Mahns!

FWIW, Knightmare gave a brief analysis of our two academy prospects this year...

George and Smith both have wheels.

From my piece on ESPN 4/9/19 I noted of George: "Breaking the lines, demonstrating the speed and agility to get by opponents, winning loose balls and bursting away." They're the things he brings to the table.

Smith similarly has shown his speed in game and also seems good aerially.

Both have some attributes to suggest there should be some interest in them as players with developable traits, without nearly having complete games.

I don't believe either were invited to the national combine, but I do see both of them as possible late/rookie considerations.

FWIW, Knightmare gave a brief analysis of our two academy prospects this year...

George and Smith both have wheels.

From my piece on ESPN 4/9/19 I noted of George: "Breaking the lines, demonstrating the speed and agility to get by opponents, winning loose balls and bursting away." They're the things he brings to the table.

Smith similarly has shown his speed in game and also seems good aerially.

Both have some attributes to suggest there should be some interest in them as players with developable traits, without nearly having complete games.

I don't believe either were invited to the national combine, but I do see both of them as possible late/rookie considerations.

sweet dogs get the number 1 pick we get 2 more players with 'speed' worthy of a rookie spot. how do they pick these guys is it the area they from or what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sweet dogs get the number 1 pick we get 2 more players with 'speed' worthy of a rookie spot. how do they pick these guys is it the area they from or what?
Yeah I believe it’s the area they live in. NGA is the biggest rort and I’m glad they’re scaling it back. Pity we couldn’t get any top picks from it.

It's definitely based on regions, but I'm stuffed if I can tell you more than that.

We have South East Melbourne (including Casey), the south of the peninsula and Alice Springs.

I'm guessing that the Dogs got Ugle-Hagan becasue he's from Warrnambool, which is in their zone.

The AFL have a map of the zone on their website if it's any help...

One thing I noticed with our list profile is that in 2021 we have only 1 player turning 23 for the year (Baker).

This is a strange and concerning development and one that must be fixed.

(In all seriousness it's a bit odd that Baker is the only player on the list born between July 1997 [Clarry] and November 1999 [Petty] - meanwhile Brisbane had 17 players on their list born in that timeframe).

One thing I noticed with our list profile is that in 2021 we have only 1 player turning 23 for the year (Baker).

This is a strange and concerning development and one that must be fixed.

(In all seriousness it's a bit odd that Baker is the only player on the list born between July 1997 [Clarry] and November 1999 [Petty] - meanwhile Brisbane had 17 players on their list born in that timeframe).
The drafts between 2016-18 have not been kind to us, no high picks and very little success with the ones we did have, the list has a gaping hole as a result. Off the top of my head Hannan and Fritsch are the only regular senior footballers from those drafts , be interesting to compare that with Brisbane from that time frame and the relative on field success of the 2 clubs in that period

Preuss isn’t worth much but there’s no incentive for us to let him go for less than a top 25 pick IMO. Someone just has to make us an offer we can't refuse.
No incentive? We pay him $400k to play ressies and by next year he will be our third choice ruckman. Getting that contract alone off the books should be incentive enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back