News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

You know how you have those to mates, both funny as and you think "mate, get those two together they'd bounce off each other, it'll be gold, just need them in the same room together".

Then you get them together and they dead set hate each other, all of a sudden, both are sullen, bring the mood of the room down etc.

That's what it'd be like with Daniel and Laird in the same team, it'd be fisticuffs for sure in the pre season
Well, we'd have one tallish player

w-artnet-com-dopey-stands-on-sneezys-shoulders-jpg.961494

From the afl insider (trade whisperer) on facebook

Iā€™LL HELP CRIPPS:
Carlton is set to have Brad Crouch land at Princess park, like superman to save the day.
Carlton have been screaming for some help for Cripps and Brad Crouch fits that bill.
How do you feel Blues fans?
Details on the deal are 550k-600k for 4 years.
#AFLinsider
So he is going to walk to a perennial rebuilding club that there is every chance we will overtake in the next season or so after our rebuild is set up..for maybe less money than what we might offer up here....and in other news aliens have landed at alberton

Iā€™LL HELP CRIPPS:
Carlton is set to have Brad Crouch land at Princess park, like superman to save the day.
Carlton have been screaming for some help for Cripps and Brad Crouch fits that bill.
#AFLinsider
If Carlton want Brouch, pay him $650k+ or no deal.

Iā€™LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider
Crouch just got a front row seat to witness another dog of a rebuild. Heā€™s not going to waste the rest of his career at that shower, especially for that pissant of salary.

Iā€™LL HELP CRIPPS:
#AFLinsider

I reckon Carlton should be gunning hard for Brad, and if not Matt, to help Cripps out.

But if $600ā€™s all theyā€™re offering, we better be matching. From all reports Atkins isnā€™t far off receiving that...

Bradā€™s form since his return has pretty much guaranteed someone will pay enough to trigger pick 2, if not we pay and keep him.
Just shits me how brilliant all these AFL players look when their contracts are almost up....after they have the sweet deal...they put their feet up and coast along like a government worker. Just useless.
Im sick of watching over valued spuds demanding big bucks....hell...wasn't it Keays who kicked a goal against Carlton in the first quarter and did the "show me the money" sign ???....nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shits me how brilliant all these AFL players look when their contracts are almost up....after they have the sweet deal...they put their feet up and coast along like a government worker. Just useless.
Im sick of watching over valued spuds demanding big bucks....hell...wasn't it Keays who kicked a goal against Carlton in the first quarter and did the "show me the money" sign ???....nice.
No it was McAdams that did that, and IMO that was directed at McGovern leaving for more MOLA.....I found it very funny when it happened.

I can see either Carlton or Essendon or Geelong opening up the cheque book for him. First 2 needs to sell hope to their fans .
Both Carlton and Essendon think they are both very close to playing finals so even $700K for a midfielder entering his prime that will help you get there isn't that much to offer.

Who would be more desperate right now? I reckon Essendon.
Unless they are throwing the book at Cameron.
I think both will be as both clubs and their coach are starting to feel the pressure (even though technically Rutten didn't do much post match interview, he did the game day coaching and can see he need a big body midfielder to complement all the slight frame ones).

McGovern was contracted with us til the end of 2020, he never extended when he signed with Carlton?

As far as i remember no he didn't he is meant to be out of contract at the end of this year. There would be some ******* nervous KFC franchises around Carlton way you'd think

No it was McAdams that did that, and IMO that was directed at McGovern leaving for more MOLA.....I found it very funny when it happened.
It is funny if that was the case.
Just highlights my point about over paying and long contracts. Some perform for their club out of personal pride...others its so much about the money...they lose interest once they have it.
Just typical watching Mackay going in hard for a ball when looking for another year.

I can see either Carlton or Essendon or Geelong opening up the cheque book for him. First 2 needs to sell hope to their fans .
I wouldn't let him go to any of those clubs. In fact I'd keep him regardless. The developing kids need some protection, he's a very good player, and he wants to stay. Bad for club culture to let him go imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back