Preview Changes: R18 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

No difference between pick 1-2. Wooden spoons are always remembered and don’t want the crows to be associated with one.

Whilst the difference in players at 1 and 2 is likely negligible, the leverage on other clubs from having Pick 1 is not to be under estimated. Being able to at least have the option of doing deals with the Bulldogs, Sydney etc for future draft picks makes the spoon easier to swallow.

If Brisbane win tonight then Richmond can't finish top 2, but could well slip out of the top 4 should they lose to us.
They won't want to lose
Yeah, I spent a bit of time last night looking at the Table, % and points. Richmond won't want to risk the game
BUT
I'd love it if they rested some players and we roll them (and Geelong/WCE both win).
Knocking them out of the Top 4 :hearteyes: would make the whole season worthwhile to me.

So Worrel for Butts ? ......Butts was really bad
Butts wasn't that bad. He was a second gamer playing on a tall handy footballer.
He lost body contact and slipped... OK out played but McKay had the perfect run up and jump for the second goal, no one would have stopped that.
He was right with McKay when he took his next mark to goal, it wasn't a mistake as such.
Too harsh mate, having watch the replay you have to give credit to McKay.
Butts did some good work but his opponent played well. Occasionally defenders are on the wrong end of the stick even in a victory.

Last edited:

Yeah, I spent a bit of time last night looking at the Table, % and points. Richmond won't want to risk the game
BUT
I'd love it if they rested some players and we roll them (and Geelong/WCE both win).
Knocking them out of the Top 4 :hearteyes: would make the whole season worthwhile to me.
they wont rest players when they have a bye the week after that they can give them a rest in...

Frampton for Walker is surely a given if fit.

I'd piss Kelly off for Talia and let Butts play the Kelly role.

Hamil for Gibbs

Can't see Worell getting a gig tbh.

If someone had said early in the season that we'd be up and about byt the end of the year and that our last game would feature:

McPherson
Sholl
Hamil
Schoenberg
Jones
Stengle
McAdam
Himmelberg
Butts

I think most people would have said 'dream on'.
12 months back - was a good sanfl side!

I swear if I see Jake Kelly tell everyone to slow down by waving his hand around one more time im gonna snap.
His nickname should be “Handbrake”...

Everytime he gets it the whole game comes to a screaching halt.

Opposition coaches must just love seeing his name on selection night..

Whilst the difference in players at 1 and 2 is likely negligible, the leverage on other clubs from having Pick 1 is not to be under estimated. Being able to at least have the option of doing deals with the Bulldogs, Sydney etc for future draft picks makes the spoon easier to swallow.
It would be a shame to play this badly and not get Pick 1.

If you're going to have an historically bad year you may as well do it properly.

No half measures, Walter.

Which do we want to happen?

We win against Richmond Saturday:
-Richmond finish 5th, meaning they most likely don't win the premiership
-We likely then finish 17th and get pick 2, avoiding the wooden spoon and the stigma that comes with it

We lose:
-We get the prized pick 1 (and the wooden spoon....)

We win, Norf beats the Weagles at Metricon on Thursday:
-We finish 18th still and get Pick 1 (and the wooden spoon), however, we finish the season with 4 wins in a row - a massive positive
-Richmond finishes 4th and gets a good crack at another premiership (unfortunately)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All us West Coast boys are behind you this week, lads. If you cant pull out the W at least lay some big hits on a few of their star players to make their finals campaign a little less rosy.

Psh what are you going to do for us in return? Can you ensure Port won in the flag?

BUT
I want richmond to finish in the top 4 as I know they are the the one side Powaa can't beat in the finals. Other than Geelong that is. They probably won't rest players and it should just be the injuries to Soldo and Lynch as the outs They should have Edwards back this week from quarantine as well apparently. They won't take us lightly as it's a must win game for them after west coast beats north. Hoping west coast rests quite a few to stop the margin getting out of control.

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude, but I couldn't help but comment on this disturbing observation. This sort of thing needs to be discouraged. You may recall that some of our boys got into hot water over similar stuff recently.
This is why you shouldn't intrude.

All us West Coast boys are behind you this week, lads. If you cant pull out the W at least lay some big hits on a few of their star players to make their finals campaign a little less rosy.
If you rest half your team against north we promise we will try our hardest to beat Richmond.

Which do we want to happen?

We win against Richmond Saturday:
-Richmond finish 5th, meaning they most likely don't win the premiership
-We likely then finish 17th and get pick 2, avoiding the wooden spoon and the stigma that comes with it

We lose:
-We get the prized pick 1 (and the wooden spoon....)

We win, Norf beats the Weagles at Metricon on Thursday:
-We finish 18th still and get Pick 1 (and the wooden spoon), however, we finish the season with 4 wins in a row - a massive positive
-Richmond finishes 4th and gets a good crack at another premiership (unfortunately)
I'm looking forward to Brisbane belting Richmond at the Gabba on Grand Final day.... just to remind them what if, had they been given their usual advantage of playing at home at the MCG.

Tom Lynch isn’t playing which makes it more interesting. Need to ensure we are more nimble as they will go small.

Was wondering why Tom Lynch isn't playing and then realised you were talking about Tiger's Tom Lynch.

Anyone who thinks Tex isn't playing has rocks in their head.

I'm sure I heard someone from the Crows hierarchy say week ago that Worrell would definitely get a game this year..........

I'm happy to have Hamill left out, no point risking another concussion with nothing on the line

Outs: Frampton, Kelly, Gibbs
Ins: Tex, Talia, (hoping) Worrell, but likely McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back