Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. Claytons “Shawing Up the Defence”? The last thing we need is a “Serviceable Backman”. We need genuine Midfielders. Guys that can run both ways and kick. Our biggest hole on our list. That and pressure small forwards. :stern look

I'd rather more game time for uniacke and Simpkin, with Cunners and Co leading the way.

Compensation pick will give us a guide of the dollars and years

4 x $450-550K?

Perhaps a 5th yuear trigger. He'll only be 31 in that season.

2nd round compo for GWS = ~pick 29.

saad is one for mine, he has cut us up everytime we play essendon, just could not keep him quite. Saad for 5 years.
Adam Saad = The I loved you but I lied..

Apparently he’s a Michael Bolton fan, no wonder the *scum haven’t re-signed him yet..

Aidan Corr a Giant no more with North Melbourne set to offer defender long-term deal

• September 14, 2020 7:55pm
  • by Ben Waterworth and Tom Morris
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Aidan Corr has informed the Giants he wants to depart the club. Picture: Chris Hyde
Aidan Corr has informed the Giants he wants to depart the club. Picture: Chris HydeSource: Getty Images

One of ‘The Giant 8’ has fallen, with defender Aidan Corr informing the Giants he wants out — and a rival Victorian club is in the box seat to snare him.

The Giants released a statement on Monday night, confirming Corr intends to exercise his free agency rights after the season.

Corr, 26, and his partner are keen to return to home to Victoria after spending the past eight years in Sydney.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Corr will nominate North Melbourne as his preferred destination. He’s expected to sign a deal as long as five years.

“We understand the reasons behind Aidan’s decision and we wish him well for the future,” Giants football boss Jason McCartney said in a statement.

After being drafted with Pick 12 in the 2012 draft, Corr has played 98 games for the Giants.

The defender has had a career-best season in 2020, but missed the Giants’ Round 17 clash due to an ankle injury.

Corr is one of eight Giants that are out of contract at season’s end.

The list is headlined by restricted free agents Jeremy Cameron and Zac Williams — the latter, of which, has attracted interest form most AFL clubs.

Harry Perryman, Jeremy Finlayson, Jackson Hately, Jye Caldwell and Xavier O’Halloran are all unsigned beyond 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They 100% need to keep Saad and then target a Jed/Cunners/Worpel type, someone who is hard-at-it around the coalface. The Shortstepell, Shiel, Parish, Merritt types aren’t going to intimidate..

I’m not sold on Finlayson, I’m hoping that Comben can become that tall mobile forward. But the rest, tick, tick and tick. Heath Shaw for a year in a mentoring role is smart business if GWS turf him?

We have seen with brown out we are pretty light on so need another in.... yes hopefully it comben but need another still so there is some competition up there just like corr will provide good competition down back.... now to fill in the middle oh and a small fwd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You cannot have Larkey, Brown, Wright and Comben developing as a forward line.

Yes, you can mate.

I think if there is weight to this, either Brown is likely to go or we may be pitching FT ruck after a year under Goldy.

That's his other iron in the fire.

Can he help with Williams then? I much prefer him over Corr. Frankly, I don't rate Corr, I think he's a pretty average defender.

Have you ever seen him play... strange comment to make if you have. He is a very solid reliable defender with good foot skills and can play big or small, unsung hero in their backline....you can't compare Williams and corr two totally diff defenders, yes Williams is more dash and flair.... we still need him too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They 100% need to keep Saad and then target a Jed/Cunners/Worpel type, someone who is hard-at-it around the coalface. The Shortstepell, Shiel, Parish, Merritt types aren’t going to intimidate..

My take is that the arrival of Caracella has them copying the Richmond list profile.

Except their Astbury & Grimes are 32 & 30, their Lynch is leaving, their Riewoldt is a bogan who can't get a foot off the ground, and their Dustin Martin does not exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back